[Linsanity] Time to Refocus!

Linsanity

Good luck with the 20 push ups!  I've never heard that about the muscle weakness in the morning - kinda worrisome, because that's when I typically work out!  I definitely working out in the afternoon/evening can be easier though because you're already 'warmed up' from moving around during the day, rather than starting completely cold.

Sounds like your revised goal is going well, glad to see that you're adjusting your challenge and making it work for you.  

Level 9 Ravenclaw Adventurer

STR 17.25 | DEX 12 | STA 20.75 | CON 34.75 | WIS 22 | CHA 14.75
"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." --Michael Pollan
PREVIOUS CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 CURRENT: TBA

Pushups: STILL haven't gotten 20 pushups! Argh!!!

My muscles felt tighter this week so maybe doing more stretching or a warm-up pre-pushup might help with that? Idk but worth a try at least!

Running: I'm a little behind schedule. . . .Once again my muscles just felt tight or something this week and I couldn't push myself as much. . . .

Sweets: Check!

Active on the Forums: Check!

This week is my first full week of classes + work so it will definitely be busy! Monday and Wednesdays are my busiest days so workouts will hopefully be on the other days. I did do some meal prep today and made that Chocolate Chilli recipe Athousandwords recommended! I had some tonight and It was FABULOUS. I definitely will be making it again. 

On to week 5!

Ranger | LEVEL 5 | Human

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right." - Henry Ford

CHALLENGES

Current Challenge

Yay!  Glad you enjoyed the chocolate chili!  :)  Sorry to hear you're still not hitting the pushups - you'll get there eventually, all that hard work will pay off!  Best of luck with your full week of classes and hitting your workouts!

• Like 1

You still have 2 weeks to go so don't worry about not meeting your goals just yet! Even if you don't hit them by the end of the challenge, you've definitely been putting the effort in so you should still be pleased with what you have achieved! :)

• Like 1

Challenge 3 | Challenge 2 | Challenge 1

L3 Elf: | 0 STR | 1.6 DEX | 7.4 STA | 6.8 WIS | 8.6 CON | 3.8 CHA |

Overall Weight Loss Goal:

33.3%
33.3%

SW: 153lb CW: 142lb  GW: 120lb

Survived the first week of classes (barely)! The classes themselves weren't too bad this week, but I did have to work around 20 hours this week to meet a deadline instead of my typical 12. So I felt like I was going non-stop this whole week. Consequently, I didn't consistently eat paleo this week. . . Also, my workouts haven't been as intense this week because the school gym has been PACKED to the max (everyone commits to the gym for the first week of classes) and I've had to adjust based on what's open. One day I did my pushups on the track because all the floor space in the weight room was taken.

As far as my goals go. . .

Sweets: CHECK!

Pushups: CHECK! I FINALLY got to 20 this week!!!! Super Excited!

Running a 5K: Ummmm. . . . no. . .I'll admit I've been slacking a lot on this one. I did run once this week, but only went 2 miles. In general, I haven't been super good about tracking this goal. Since I've already met my pushup goal, my plan is to focus on this goal during this last week of the challenge. I may not get to a 5K, but hopefully I'll get close!

Active on the Forums: IN PROGRESS!

I'm looking forward to this last week and seeing what progress I've made weightloss-wise and measurement-wise since the beginning of the challenge. I will also take some after pics to keep track of my progress. Maybe I'll post them. . . .we'll see

On to week 6!

• Like 2

Ranger | LEVEL 5 | Human

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHALLENGES

Current Challenge

Nice job on the push ups!  And I hear you about the busy gym - I always feel bad when the gym is packed because I want to encourage people to be healthy... but at the same time I'm like, go home slackers, this is my time!!

Best of luck with the last week of the challenge!  Focusing on the 5k is great, I bet you can get really close, even if you have to walk some parts.  Getting out there and doing it is the most important thing!

I surprised myself this week and got much closer to running the full 5k than I had expected. After running 1.5 miles, I walked for 0.1 and then ran the rest without taking a break. Did the whole thing in 35 minutes. I'm pretty happy with that!

My diet wasn't super great this week, but did ok on the sweet goal! And am about to check in on the forums!

Overall, I'm pretty happy with how this challenge went! I met or got really close to meeting all of my goals this challenge. I also lost 7 lb!! Next challenge, I'm planning to focus more on diet and running. I need to ditch the grains and continue to restrict sweets to continue to lose weight. In November I'm running a 5k with my family and have challenged my sister to the race. Winner gets new workout clothes. My sister can't run a 5k yet, so I'm ahead of her so far. I need to work on cutting my time though to make sure I beat her come November! :victorious: Third goal is still to be determined!

See ya'll next challenge!

• Like 1

Ranger | LEVEL 5 | Human

CHALLENGES

Current Challenge

My goal in regards to running is to be able to run 1.5 mi (2.4 km) in 8-10 minutes. I want to say I ran about 0.5 mi in about 3 minutes earlier this week, but truthfully those numbers are unofficial and just guesses. I'm pretty much on the mark time wise, but that distance could easily be 0.3 mi or something. This week I'm going to be looking for a track I can go to so I can get official numbers. Either way, that was also done at the end of an interval training based cardio session. I couldn't go any further after the 0.3 or 0.5 mi whatever it was because of what I had done before it, so it's a toss up as to how far I could actually run without stopping.

Congratulations on your progress this challenge, keep it up during the next.

Level 7 Ranger

STR 19 | STA 16 | DEX 17 | CON 10 | WIS 8 | CHA 8

Battle Log | Previous Challenge | Progress Photos

Great job this challenge, 35 minutes is definitely not bad at all, I'm sure you will have no trouble with beating your sister in November. Congrats on the weight loss too, 7lbs in 6 weeks is no small amount!

• Like 1

Challenge 3 | Challenge 2 | Challenge 1

L3 Elf: | 0 STR | 1.6 DEX | 7.4 STA | 6.8 WIS | 8.6 CON | 3.8 CHA |

Overall Weight Loss Goal:

33.3%
33.3%

SW: 153lb CW: 142lb  GW: 120lb

Great job on that 5k!  And you're only going to improve even more by training for that race - your sister had better watch out!  ;)  Congrats on finishing out the challenge and the weight loss!

• Like 1

My goal in regards to running is to be able to run 1.5 mi (2.4 km) in 8-10 minutes. I want to say I ran about 0.5 mi in about 3 minutes earlier this week, but truthfully those numbers are unofficial and just guesses. I'm pretty much on the mark time wise, but that distance could easily be 0.3 mi or something. This week I'm going to be looking for a track I can go to so I can get official numbers. Either way, that was also done at the end of an interval training based cardio session. I couldn't go any further after the 0.3 or 0.5 mi whatever it was because of what I had done before it, so it's a toss up as to how far I could actually run without stopping.

Congratulations on your progress this challenge, keep it up during the next.

Wow that's an impressive goal! Sounds like you're on track though so keep up the good work! You'll probably be able to go much farther distance-wise than you might think because of the interval training. Last fall I would alternate 1/4 sprint days with long distance running days 5 days a week. That helped me finally be able to run a full 5k without stopping (for my first time ever!) and get my time under 30 minutes.  Obviously, I've backtracked some since then, but I'm working back up to it!

I'd love to get a 26 minute 5K, but I could happily settle for a 28 minute. I think for where I am now an 8:15-9 minute mile would be a good goal for November.

Ranger | LEVEL 5 | Human

CHALLENGES

Current Challenge