• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
obax

obax - stick to it

Does this mean strengthy stuff after work tonight? ;)

Glad you're feeling better!

*sigh* Yes mom..... (Though, as you can see, I'm currently procrastinating...)

And thanks. I was a bit concerned last night, major stomach issues almost never happen to me, but it got better as the night went on. I think the whole 'lying in bed watching football' thing helped a lot.

Friday

Strengthy stuff. Waited until after I ate dinner, and it was the right choice. My motivation is much better when I'm not hungry. Went as follows:

FH - 3x10

EP - 1:45, 1:30, 1:30

SS - 3x10

PU - 3(17), 3(17), 3(15)

HT - 3x10

BR - it's late, will do tomorrow, not sure where I left my rings...

Stretching will commence shortly. Might mush my back/shoulders a bit too.

Food was good and tracked. I was reading a bit about the IIFYM idea, and like any 'lifestyle' change, it's warning to take it slow. For me, it comes very naturally, I feel like my body likes this particular macro breakdown. The part I will have the hardest with is carbs from fruit. I eat a lot of fruit and not as many veggies as I probably should. I'm not too concerned if I go a bit over on carbs as long as it from fruit and not candy, though, as long as I'm staying under the total kcals. And anyway, I'm not sure I can eat that much protein even if I try real hard...

• Like 1

Unrelated to anything at all, I'm listening to the radio at the moment and they just had a Para PanAm games update. It all gets going officially today, and opens with, among other things, wheelchair rugby. All I could think when I heard that was, 'Man, I so wish the official name was Murderball. I'd love to hear the very proper CBC news reporters say 'today on the Murderball pitch...'.'

Go Canada go!

• Like 1

Saturday

2x hockey. The first game was good. I felt sluggish in the second. We lost the first one (my fault-ish, which I'm not happy about), and won the second. My line can't seem to get any puck luck, we even had the puck just sitting behind the goalie and no one but my right winger was going for it and she still couldn't score. The other line is doing just fine though. Must be my hockey socks...

Food was ok. I indulged in eating out with my bro for lunch, then had a piece of talapia and salad for dinner. I kinda tracked but only half-heartedly. Stretching to come.

More of the same tomorrow, except I'll try not to eat 2 big meals directly before playing hockey, I'll try to spread 'em out a bit better.

How much protein would you need to eat? It is hard.

136g. Which I don't feel like is really a tonne, in the whole big scheme of things, but protein is expensive, especially lean protein. I've tried for around that much in the past, and not been able to hit it with what I would usually eat in a day. I think I could do it if I changed my eating habits a bit, to include more veggies and less fruit, since then I'd have room in the carb category for a bowl of cottage cheese or something, but veggies are also expensive and take more prep work than fruit. I'm trying to move towards that ideal, but it'll take some work to change my habits. I also ordered some flavourless whey protein so I can mix some extra into things when I need a few more grams, but I'd like that to be a quick occasional fix, rather than an every day thing.

Sunday

Hockey x2. Which means we made the finals. And we also won the finals. There was a cash prize, which I didn't realize, so we each got $31, which I immediately used to go out to dinner with my sister. The thing I ordered I'd had before, and it was good, but not as good as last time, and now I sort of which I'd tried something new. But in reality, no regrets, because the best part of dinner with my sister is the presence of my sister.

Holy cow, my legs are pooched. I really want to just take a rest day tomorrow, though as I've said before, Mondays are the hardest to make up for. I made a plan, though, I have an extra hockey on Wednesday, and will just do strengthy stuff on Saturday instead.

When I said I would stretch last night, I actually meant I would play video games until I suddenly realized how late it was and went to bed, which is another puppy frown for me. I stretched this afternoon between games. I should probably stretch again tonight, but meh. I'll do it extra good tomorrow if I end up making it a total rest day (I'll still go to hockey tomorrow if they're short people, but if they have lots without me, I'm skipping).

Food today wasn't tracked. I'm certain I went over on carbs, and I went to Timmies for lunch, but being carby before hockey games makes for more energy, so I'm not sorry. Tomorrow I will make a stir-fry for my lunches for the rest of the week, and there's enough random stuff in the fridge to make tomorrow a good food day for all meals without needing to eat out.

Aaaaand I just realized I volunteer on Tuesday, which means no time for a run after work, and I know I won't go in the morning. Goddammit, life, why you gotta be like that?!? Maybe I'll go for an easy run tomorrow instead, if I don't go to hockey...

Good job for the finals! And surprise price money for a dinner is really nice too :D Despite the frowning puppy (I'll have to take one too :( ) that seemed to be a pretty solid week, with lots of Hockey :D

[edit]Oh boy, frowning puppy is running after us this week! Beware!

P4WQFuh.jpg

Ha! Hahahahahahahahaha!!!! That gave me a good morning laugh. Like, I'm still laughing a bit, and probably will be all day... I may have to print out a hard copy of that and post it on my wall for motivation. Then again, I have a feeling it's harder to hold a good stretching when you're constantly giggling to yourself.......... I think the Frowning Puppy will catch up with all of us eventually, I just want to hide from him for as long as possible.

Congrats on winning the hockey finals!  4 games in 2 days sounds pretty intense.  No wonder your legs are shot.  

Honestly, if your legs are sore, why not just skip the run and instead do a double dose of the stretching?  That would probably be more beneficial when you're dealing with hockey DOMS.  

• Like 1

Congrats on winning the hockey finals!  4 games in 2 days sounds pretty intense.  No wonder your legs are shot.  

Honestly, if your legs are sore, why not just skip the run and instead do a double dose of the stretching?  That would probably be more beneficial when you're dealing with hockey DOMS.  

Because I hate that life keeps throwing speedbumps in my way and I haven't had a week go perfectly in a very long time. But in reality, that's probably what I'll do, I'm fairly sore today and tired, and it's thunderstorming. I can run on Sunday if I'm really feeling so bad about it...

Good luck on this challenge!

Thanks!!

I think rolling with the punches and listening to your body are more important than a perfect week.  Adjust your goals and that ends up BEING a perfect week!

Of course... I have yet to follow my own advice so... grain of salt and all that. :)

Congrats on the hockey finals!

I think rolling with the punches and listening to your body are more important than a perfect week.  Adjust your goals and that ends up BEING a perfect week!

Of course... I have yet to follow my own advice so... grain of salt and all that. :)

Congrats on the hockey finals!

Yeah. I know that it's the mental game of being ok with what you can do rather than getting worked up over what you can't. But it's just so irritating...

I have to say, though, I am getting better at this. Non-perfection doesn't derail me nearly as much as it used to.

Tuesday

Change of plan!! Volunteering was rescheduled, so I used my time to do the things I should have done last night instead of watching netflix. So, first I ate dinner, then I made stirfry for lunches, then I did a strengthy workout. It went as follows:

FH - 3x10

EP - 1:30, 1:30, 1:15

SS - 3x10

PU - 2(15), 2(17), 2(15)

HT - 3x10

Still a bit sore from the weekend. Pushups and planks are frustrating me. I think planks are as much a willpower thing as they are a strength thing, but the pushups make me frown.

No food tracking today. It was probably okish, but heavy on the carbs. With the aforementioned stirfry, I should be good for the rest of the week, though I'll have to think a bit about dinners.

No stretching. That's 3 puppy frowns so far. I'm sitting here feeling a bit bad about that, but apparently not bad enough to get up and do it.

Tomorrow is a run.

• Like 2

Ha!! It's too late for last night, but I will definitely do them now. I do NOT want to disappoint that puppy any more than it already is.

Wednesday

And by 'run' I really meant 'hockey'.... Routines are great until they change and then you have no idea what's happening in your life...

Hockey wasn't great. My legs felt more or less like lead, I had absolutely no jump. I'm not even sure I really got my heat rate up much... I dunno why my legs are so tired, but holy....

EG's puppy is making me stretching as soon as I'm done here (I was going to anyway, I really need it). Food was pretty good, and under the kcal goal, so yay! I'm a bit hungry now, but I shall resist. Food tomorrow is going to be interesting, I guess maybe I'll eat a smaller lunch than normal? My dad is back from the cottage and has plans for dinner that involve cheese, pasta and chicken breasts. He gets oddly upset when I don't eat his planned dinners, and it's often easier to just go along with it. At least this time I know ahead of time so I can try to adjust the rest of my meals to make it fit better...

• Like 1

He's just so casual about it. Like 'C'mon, man, you just do it like this!'

Related to stretching, it's being frustrating. I tested my hamstring flexibility last night, by doing a seated forward fold (which is essentially what I have to do for the police test), and have made exactly zero progress. This requires more than just a frowning puppy...

554097_119350508220755_850105143_n.jpg?o

Thursday

Strengthy stuff, as follows:

FH - 3x10

EP - 1:30, 1:20, 1:20

SS - 3x10

PU - 3(18), 3(15), 3(15)

HT - 3x10

Food was meh. I was doing ok 'til dinner, where I was really hungry and ate more pasta than I should have. I did the workout after dinner and planks are hard with a belly full of spaghetti... And then, because it was Miracle Treat Day, I also had a blizzard...

I don't wanna stretch. But I will....

How good does the fold have to be? straight back, just straight knees, or touch your toes any way you can?

I get points based on how far I can go. 1 point is touching my toes, up to a max of 10 points, but I don't actually know how far past my toes I need to reach for a 10. I'm fully anticipating not even getting a 1 on this particular section of the test, which is fine, I only need 70 or 75 total, and there are 4 'events' (there's also running, which is out of 50, pushups and a weird core thing each out of 20). My legs need to be straight, they didn't specify about the shape of my back, but I think flat is better, if I can get over that far, I don't see how arching my back would make it easier.

Friday

Ran 2k in some time. I was in a rush and couldn't quickly find my watch, so no time. I did the hilly route, which increased both the misery factor and also the potential progress factor. As much as I hate them, I really do need to put the hills back into my routine.

Food was good until the evening. I went to a movie with a friend. She originally wanted to see Fantastic Four. I wasn't interested in that, but was like, how bad can it be? Then I read the reviews... The Man From U.N.C.L.E. was playing at the same time, so we saw that instead. The down side (and food related side) was that I had a bag of popcorn and cup of Coke for dinner...

Stretching did not happen. I've got a new game on my phone, which is a tad addicting, and very much a time suck. It became late without me realizing and I just went to bed. This occurred Thursday night too, despite the fact that I said I'd stretch, so NEW RULE!: no phone game after dinner on weeknights, and no phone game after dinner on weekends unless I've stretched already!

Saturday

Volunteered to help move books and shelves for a non-profit group that runs an LGBT library, but had no space in which to house that library until just recently. I'm hoping to turn this into a regular volunteer position, but will see what happens once they've got everything up and running. This involved moving 90ish boxes of books up a steep and narrow set of stairs out of a damp, dank basement, as wells as a whole tonne of solid wood shelves and metal frames. Then moved it all out of the truck again for other people to deal with.

Also did a bit of geocaching with my sister. Two were easy, but one involved a tree climb, which was not easy (the branches were sturdy enough, but just closely spaced and pokey, so it required some contortions to get up there). Then I broke the actual cache container, so I had to bring it home, fix it, then climb up again to replace it...

My intention was to do a strength workout as well, but by the time I got home I was absolutely exhausted. I decided that I'd done enough between the move and the tree and called it good.

Food wasn't good. Breakfast was fine, but the book movers decided on Wendy's for lunch. I was the driver, so I just went along with it. I was also HUNGRY, so I went ahead and had Wendy's instead of trying to resist and eat later.

Stretching occurred. Felt good after all that.