I found Nerd Fitness after a friend (regarded as a brother) died suddenly, unexpectedly, and at too young an age. I decided then that I was going to do something about my health. I went on a diet, and started walking at lunch during work. I went from 435 pounds down to 368. When I hit that mark I decided I wanted to try something other than weighing everything I ate, and counting calories. It had become tedious, and made meal time take far longer than it should have. With kids in school, extra curricular activities, work, and family it also became impossible to manage. We decided to try the paleo diet, and as a result I found Nerd Fitness. I thought it was a great idea. I read some of the articles, but did not do anything with them. Then I fell of the train altogether. I ballooned back up to 410 pounds undoing all of the good that I had done over the previous year. I rededicated myself to getting healthy. I started cutting calories, and trying to monitor everything, but again it just didn't seem practical. Then one magical day we will call it Last Wednesday, I was fooling around on the NF website, and stumbled on the NF Academy. An investment in my health that will be wasted if I don't follow through? Sign Me Up! So I did. I signed up for the academy, and my daughter is on board with helping me out.  

So I have not yet taken my measurements (measuring tape arrives on Wednesday), tonight I will be taking the before photos (which honestly I am not comfortable with), I have already set out the big why, and started putting things together. I have started a food journal (insert writer's cramp joke here), I have started trying to identify the things that are going to stumbling blocks (sweets for starters), and I am working through the basics of the academy. 

I apologize for the long winded post, but hey it's an introduction.

ThorBjorn the level 1 Wampa

Current challenge

|STR 1|DEX 1|STA 1|CON 1|WIS 4|

Jump Rope for two minutes:

FAILED: Time to respawn%
FAILED: Time to respawn%
Level Up My Food Journal:
100%
100%
Weight Loss Goal:
12.9%
12.9%
Strength Goal:
1%
1%
<p>Endurance Goal:
15%
15%

Welcome to the rebellion! Good job joining the academy, I know you can do this. Food is what trips me up as well. I can work out consistently, but eating properly is where I struggle. You can do this, and you have found a very supportive community. I just started paleo too.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath