Campus Tours

Blaidd

Great website! First time I actually found a place where all principles (small, incremental changes, importance of changing diets, group support) match my own. Looking forward to being part of the Rebellion!

I have completed my mini-challange here.

I wonder how other people deal with setting goals for their mini-quests though. I have a hard time finding the right level of intensity for my goals. Sometimes I think I let myself of too easy and wonder if I'm committed to real change (no eating after 9PM is really not that big of an achievement). I do have really bad experiences with bigger goals (e.g. cutting out all candy / unhealthy snacks in one go). I think I did find a decent balance now, and as I mentioned in my update with the mini-quest, I do think this is achievable and makes me more confident I can stick to it. And change more in the next challenge. But there's still this little voice in my voice saying I'm slacking and not making big enough commitments. Do other people have this?

• Like 1

Level 4 Adventurer
Challenges: 7654321

But there's still this little voice in my voice saying I'm slacking and not making big enough commitments. 

Couple links for you. (not awake enough for coherant response so I'll let pre writen words so it for me)

http://www.nerdfitness.com/2010/04/24/make-optimus-prime-proud-learn-how-to-transform-your-life/

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/06/04/new-habits/

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/09/04/power-of-habit

http://sinnahsaint.blogspot.ca/2015/07/healthier-eating.html

• Like 2

Sinnah Saint, half-elf, lvl1 Assassin - STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 1.86 | CON 2.86 | WIS 2 | CHA 1.38 - Personal Blog

First 6-Week Challenge

Speaking of Stat Points, where can I find an explanation of these?

ETA I found the explanation, and eek! I think I'll just concentrate on my first challenge and look forward to adding stat points at a later time. :D

Don't stress too much about the stat points just yet.  There will be an explanation at the end of week 3 :D

I wonder how other people deal with setting goals for their mini-quests though. I have a hard time finding the right level of intensity for my goals. Sometimes I think I let myself of too easy and wonder if I'm committed to real change (no eating after 9PM is really not that big of an achievement). I do have really bad experiences with bigger goals (e.g. cutting out all candy / unhealthy snacks in one go). I think I did find a decent balance now, and as I mentioned in my update with the mini-quest, I do think this is achievable and makes me more confident I can stick to it. And change more in the next challenge. But there's still this little voice in my voice saying I'm slacking and not making big enough commitments. Do other people have this?

Quests are totally changeable, so why not test your limits this week and adjust accordingly.  It's a good way to test your baseline. 

• Like 2

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Mini-Quest 1 Complete!

Details can be found here. I've also updated my challenge and would love some feedback. 

Thanks for this challenge Blaidd! It's really helped me unify my goals and set a clear grading rubric. All is greatly improved.   :smug:

• Like 1

cepopaladin

LVL 1 | STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 2 | CHA 0

Battle Log: cepopaladin's journey to badassery

Challenge: cepopaladin heeds the call of badassery progress

Main Quest: Vanquish GMB Elements: Week: 4 Day: 2

71.5%
71.5%

Side Quest: Defeat a 10k Run + Intervals: 2 / 12 sessions

16.2%
16.2%

Side Quest: Defeat a Single Pull-Up: Assisted (w/ chair)

25%
25%

I wouldn't fret too much about making grand achievements at this stage, but work on building that momentum and confidence to take on bigger challenges in the future. I'm coming from a very similar place (I fail hard at large, rapid changes), so I'm just working on building routine and staying focused. You have some really good goals that may seem trivial now, but I bet when you successfully finish the challenge you'll feel really good and have much more confidence moving forward.

• Like 3

cepopaladin

LVL 1 | STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 2 | CHA 0

Battle Log: cepopaladin's journey to badassery

Challenge: cepopaladin heeds the call of badassery progress

Main Quest: Vanquish GMB Elements: Week: 4 Day: 2

71.5%
71.5%

Side Quest: Defeat a 10k Run + Intervals: 2 / 12 sessions

16.2%
16.2%

Side Quest: Defeat a Single Pull-Up: Assisted (w/ chair)

25%
25%

Agree with cepopaladin's comments above. Small successes pile up to build a foundation of success, which enables you to take on greater challenges over time and to take periodic setbacks in stride. You can always choose to exceed your goal once you've met it, or set a new incremental goal -- and that way, you get to celebrate more often! :triumphant:

• Like 4

balance in mind ... body in motion ... making inertia my bitch

Lv.2 warmonkey | 2 STR, 3 STA, 3 DEX, 5 CON, 4 WIS, 2 CHA

Challenges: Current | Previous

Great website! First time I actually found a place where all principles (small, incremental changes, importance of changing diets, group support) match my own. Looking forward to being part of the Rebellion!

I have completed my mini-challange here.

Sometimes it's good to have a goal that is easily reached, sometimes always having super challenging goals makes you feel like you just cant get ahead, or can't finish. 

My first 3 challenges I took on way to much, and felt like i failed each challenge. This time, it's on little changes that over time can add up to big changes

• Like 4

Try not, do or do not- Yoda

These are amazing.

Thank you for putting these all together in one post.

Nice blog you got there.

• Like 1

Jacen R Kohler

Level 00

Stats

]|[ STR: 00.0 ]|[ DEX: 00.0 ]|[ STA: 00.0 ]|[ CON: 00.0 ]|[ WIS: 00.0 ]|[ CHA: 00.0 ]|[

Challenges

]|[ 0th ]|[ 1st (Current) ]|[
Links

]|[ HabitRPG ]|[ Zombies, Run ]|[ twitter ]|[ SpiceWorks ]|[ Cybrary ]|[

Week 2 Mini - Making Friends

So this week has a few sub quests. The first one should be completed by everyone who chooses to take part and then choose one of either 2 or 3.

Part 1 - Updating your signature (if you've already done this then choose either Part 2 or 3).

You've created your own thread and popped in to say hi and support other people's threads, but they would also like to pop in to say hello and support you, but have to go through all the L1's to find your thread (what a daunting task).  So we're going to make it easier for everyone and make sure we all have a signature with at least a link to our challenge.

To find the signatures go to the top of this page and look in the right hand corner, you'll see a little version of your avatar.  Click on that and it should open some options for you.

BBC6XbV.png

Click on my settings and it will take you to a new screen.  In the left hand panel, you will notice a tab for signature.

rfkLtPbl.png

Here you edit your signature (remember you only have 10 lines to play with). 

• Tell us a little about yourself - what level you're at, what class you're, your race (if you're into that thing) etc.  You will notice that in my signature, I let you know that I am a Guild Leader - yours to be exact - a half sidhe (fae) and that I'm a Scout.  I don't have a level, because I'm not really into that kinda thing (but my own preference). 

• Link us to your challenge (this is NB), any accountability groups you might have joined, your FB/Twitter/MFP/Blog/Skype etc (this is entirely optional, I only put it in there so that you folks can get hold of me elsewhere than here) and any epic quests/battle logs (if you have them)

• If you have a quote that you like then you can put it here too

• Any goals that aren't linked to your current challenge you'd like people to know about

• You can even add the cool bars, like the one I have below (you'll find that bar here). Choose the colour you'd like and the percentage. It should look like this in coding (without the spaces): [ progress='red' ] 1 [ /progress ]

• dEU4cU0l.png
  • Press save and you're done.

Part 2:  Join an accountability group

Now that you've got a signature you can go out into the NF world confidently knowing that people will be able to find you more easily.  Why not join an accountability group?  An accountabilibuddy squad can be about supporting others with similar goals, similar interests, from similar states, similar challenges themes etc.  There doesn't even need to be a common thread. These are just smaller congregations to meet like minded people and you don't have to join one if you don't want to.  If you don't find one here, create one and let others join. Just remember these groups shouldn't be bigger than 8 - 10 members (except Guild Ambassador lead L1 groups).

Let us know if you're joined any groups.

Part 3: Support your fellow L1's

AB squads are just not your thing, but you'd like to meet and support other folks here.  Great, your quest then is to:

• Find 2 other guildies (either L1 or in another guild)

• Introduce yourself in their thread

• Follow them (mid-top right hand corner "Follow This Topic")

• Give them support, encouragement, advice etc

• Let us know who you've followed

*If you complete both parts of this challenge (either 1+2 or 1+3) then you will get an additional +1 CHA to allocate at the end of the 6 week challenge.

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

This usually would have been a harder challenge for me, but luckily I had already met/started looking for other recruits to talk to! I'll pop over to the Adventurers to follow a couple more.

Part 1, done in my signature. Part 3, I'm following and have talked with AvitusXenoi and Love_Of_Snuggles ^_^

• Like 1

Part 1 done already, see below. Part 2, already joined the walking PVP challenge. Part 3, have already reached out to several others. Am following Teirin and Elk.

Can haz moar chalunj, plz?

• Like 2

Like many others I have already got the ball rolling on these. My sig links to my challenge and I'm following a number of fellow recruits such as Fatal, Hratheceane, and rzqnzhf.

Speaking of which I apologize for being less feedbacky now that the challenge has started. I don't have a PC at home (not internetified) and now that the game is on I'm pretty busy after work. I plan to do a weekly session catching up (which will be today). Got to do laundry and then hoping to get in on the library pc lab.

-Avitus Xenoi-
Race: Ascending Kitsukan
Class: Recruit
Level:1
STR: 2 | CHA: 1 | | STA: 0 | WIS: 3 | CON: 2.3 | DEX: 0

Avitus' Battle Log

"Avali ne kono ni."

Current Challenge

Can haz moar chalunj, plz?

:D

All already done, I agree with Sinnah, if we want to be inspired and part of a wonderful community, it's our responsibility to help encourage that.

Have updated details of this mini challenge in my main quests. x

Sending vibes of motivation and love to all x

LoL and I thought those things were just part of signing up with a forum. :-)

Part 1 - Done

Part 2 - Done

Part 3 - Done, and Done

I agree, I think the idea is to drag all the introverts out of their shells and show them this is a safe place.

• Like 3

Jacen R Kohler

Level 00

Stats

]|[ STR: 00.0 ]|[ DEX: 00.0 ]|[ STA: 00.0 ]|[ CON: 00.0 ]|[ WIS: 00.0 ]|[ CHA: 00.0 ]|[

Challenges

]|[ 0th ]|[ 1st (Current) ]|[
Links

]|[ HabitRPG ]|[ Zombies, Run ]|[ twitter ]|[ SpiceWorks ]|[ Cybrary ]|[

I agree, I think the idea is to drag all the introverts out of their shells and show them this is a safe place.

And probably to acquaint new users to forum life and get us all into that "social accountability" thing. If somebody's watching your updates, you wanna post updates that show progress, right? Makes sense.

• Like 4