Campus Tours

Blaidd

I have completed 1 and 3...though i have had my signature for a while.  I am following about 4 other L1 challengers.  A couple of them are respawners like me.  Thanks Blaidd

Lycansbane (NF CHaracter)

1st | 1st redo | 2nd | 3rd

"Pain is for the living. Only the dead don't feel it." ~ Jim Butcher

"They live lives that don't matter, that touch no one and change nothing. For better or worse, you and I stared evil in the eye and didn't flinch. We raised our swords and went to war, and even if we didn't win we kicked some ass along the way. We made a difference, and that's all any man can ask." ~ Simon Green

And probably to acquaint new users to forum life and get us all into that "social accountability" thing. If somebody's watching your updates, you wanna post updates that show progress, right? Makes sense.

also some of your closest friends and sources of inspiration might come from this forum. I can mention a number of NFers who have become inseparable and you've met up many times at races and parks and camps and so on. Some of my biggest support comes from NFers who have been invaluable in my sanity.  I even travelled to Brazil a few years back for a month while I visited one of the NFers who has become a very good friend.

• Like 3

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Part 1 - Done

Part 2 - Done

Part 3 - Done, Done, and Done

Chapter 25: Theophilus is Mostly Done

Volume 1: Meanderings (2015 - 2020): 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23

Volume 2: The Bar and the Bellwether (2021): 24 | 25

"May your curse in life be that your hard work is constantly mistaken for talent."

Mini-Quest 2

Part 1: Look below and ye shall find.

Part 2: Joined the Late starters, ASSEMBLE! Accountabilibuddies group.

Part 3: Followed and encouraged many a person at this point.

• Like 1

cepopaladin

LVL 1 | STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 2 | CHA 0

Battle Log: cepopaladin's journey to badassery

Challenge: cepopaladin heeds the call of badassery progress

Main Quest: Vanquish GMB Elements: Week: 4 Day: 2

71.5%
71.5%

Side Quest: Defeat a 10k Run + Intervals: 2 / 12 sessions

16.2%
16.2%

Side Quest: Defeat a Single Pull-Up: Assisted (w/ chair)

25%
25%

Did do the first mini-quest last week... forgot to post here. 

For this week did update my signature after I figured out how to do the stats line up. Have been lurking quite a few threads, some commenting. Introductions seem difficult, but will work on it. 

• Like 1

Fresh Druid Graduate Lvl 0

"It’s not what we say is a priority, but what we actually DO that’s a priority.”

(Quote from J.D Roth/ @Steve's Article https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/priorities/)

Mini Quest #2 - Complete

Part 1: Set-up my signature. 

Part 2: Joined in on Chronologically Blessed

Part 3: Followed Tyburn Lil and Eowyn14.

~** L1 Wood Elf Warrior **~

STR - 4 | DEX - 0 | STA - 0 | CON - 4 |  WIS - 2 | CHA - 0 |

Main Quest: Lose 50 Lbs.

3%
3%

First Quest: Strength Train 4x a week (19 workouts total).

42%
42%

Second Quest: Meal prep on Sundays (5 total).

60%
60%

Third Quest: Drink 64 oz water daily (28 days).

30%
30%

Challenge Thread

~** L1 Wood Elf Warrior **~

STR - 4 | DEX - 0 | STA - 0 | CON - 4 |  WIS - 2 | CHA - 0 |

Main Quest: Lose 50 Lbs.

3%
3%

First Quest: Strength Train 4x a week (19 workouts total).

42%
42%

Second Quest: Meal prep on Sundays (5 total).

60%
60%

Third Quest: Drink 64 oz water daily (28 days).

30%
30%

Challenge Thread

Mini-Quest 2:

Part 1: See below

Part 2: Perhaps next challenge.

Part 3: Casually following Aloine and bedheadqueen.

• Like 1

Level 2 Adventurer of Dubious Reality
STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 3.6 | CON 3.2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Introductory Post

Drop a Person Quest - lose 159 lbs.    Start: 309.7   Current: 280    Loss: 29.7

18.6%
18.6%

Current ChallengeRecruit Challenge - 2 

Challenge 2.1 starts... NOW!

Meal Time: 0/5 weeks planned

0%
0%

Time to Get Up: 0/36 workouts

0%
0%

Buffy Time: 1/34 episodes

2.9%
2.9%

Temps Française: 0/8 des heures

0%
0%

I'm in an accountability group called The Coffee House

Grey Jedi Ranger

Go Beyond - Jedi's Pro Hero Challenge

Jedi Battle Log

“If you feel yourself hitting up against your limit, remember for what cause you clench your fists! Remember why you started down this path, and let that memory carry you beyond your limit”

- Toshinori Yagi (All Might), My Hero Academia

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48

Week 3: The Library

So we've gotten into the swing of things and we're going full steam ahead, but there's something tripping us up and we aren't quite sure how we go forward.  Do we just stop altogether or do we find a solution?

I vote for finding a solution.  NF is a forum with loads of resources at our disposal - there are hundreds of threads answering questions that we have and there are tons of fantastic articles written by Steve and the Crew that we can use to help us get over the hump. We can even join a NF bookclub.

Searching is so easy too. At the top of this page is a search bar.  You can type your request in there and it will find all related threads.  You can search by members, help files, calendar and galleries there too.  The other option is to search by tags.  If you have added tags to your thread, just click on one of them and you will find other threads that have similar tags listed in date order.  (Don't worry if you don't have tags, you can search through tags on any thread).

So your challenge for this week has 3 parts:

1. Pinpoint the quest in your journey that is giving you the most uphill (or one that you're struggling to achieve)

2. Search through NF (forums or articles) to find one that is able to offer some assistance

3. Apply it to your challenge (no collecting underpants here).

Example:

1.  I'm having a hard time sticking to a paleo diet because I can't find affordable recipes that I like. 

2.  I found this thread about how to diet on a budget and this recipe thread.

3. I followed the advice, sat down and made a meal plan, then put together a grocery list and went shopping. Surprisingly I was able to spend less than $20 on a week's worth of food and because the crockpot does all the cooking for me, I didn't even miss my workout.

For completing this challenge, you will get a stat point as per the quest you have identified (you can choose which attribute this should be) to be allocated at the end of the challenge.

• Like 3

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

MINI Quest #3

So your challenge for this week has 3 parts:

1. Pinpoint the quest in your journey that is giving you the most uphill (or one that you're struggling to achieve)

2. Search through NF (forums or articles) to find one that is able to offer some assistance

3. Apply it to your challenge (no collecting underpants here).

I'm not really struggling with any of the quests in my challenge but I have abused the NF search engine quite a bit looking for all sorts of things like recipes (egg monster!), information on various exercises to turn my noodle arms into something less noodley (found the pull-up article), and information about walking/hiking (learned some things about shoes and which part of the foot to land on).

I've already incorporated some things into one of my workouts because I just can't do the close-grip pushups or any variation thereof. Since that's the workout with the one arm dumbbell rows with 10lb weights, I put in wall pushups in place of the close-grips. I thought about inclines but I'm concerned about my right shoulder. I've had problems with it for years but that yoga class really tweaked it. yes, i know i should go see a doctor but mmmrrpppprrpfffttt

Based on the stuff I learned about the shoes, I saved up and got a new pair of shoes, which really helped. I also started paying attention to what part of my foot is connecting to the ground, which is still weird but I imagine I'll get used to it because I have a, I guess a hard stride? I land hard on my heels when I walk is what I mean and I imagine that can't be good for my heels or other parts of me.

BayouPrincess / About / Battle Log / Challenges: #1, #2, #3

I'm a little late to start, but I started a challenge here for myself.  Week 1.  Let me know if something needs tweaked.  I want to get this down!  :)

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/69849-quietriotgrrrl-the-adventure-begins/#entry1596627

Posting to my challenge now

Lycansbane (NF CHaracter)

1st | 1st redo | 2nd | 3rd

"Pain is for the living. Only the dead don't feel it." ~ Jim Butcher

"They live lives that don't matter, that touch no one and change nothing. For better or worse, you and I stared evil in the eye and didn't flinch. We raised our swords and went to war, and even if we didn't win we kicked some ass along the way. We made a difference, and that's all any man can ask." ~ Simon Green