• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

everydayoptimist

everydayoptimist Respawns for Mudderella!

Main Quest: Mudderella

At the beginning of the year my Jedi Council (my two closest friends) and I started on a fitness journey together. There have been a lot of ups and downs, and while we started out with some successes, as our year wore on, and got busier and busier, fitness, sadly, fell by the wayside. 
While we were in the midst of our 'beginning of the year high' we all signed up to take part in Mudderella in Whistler on September 26th. Back in January it seemed like we had SO much time! Now it's only 10 weeks away, and I feel sorely unprepared. I'm looking forward to the event still, and doing it with my nerd team, and I want to make sure I do everything I can to be ready for it. SO! This assassin is using this 6-week challenge to jump start my training, and also do a general respawn. 
Sub quests to make this happen: 

1. Strength: This has consistently been a fail point for me, and will also be essential to being a good team member for Mudderella. With this in mind, I'm making strength training my number one focus for these 6 weeks. I haven't trained in a while (due to aforementioned fail points) so I'm going to ease into it. Yoga and bodyweight workouts will be the way I start. It may evolve from there, but we'll see. Yoga 5 times a week and bodyweight 3 times a week will be considered a passing grade.

2. Cardio: It's time to start running again. It's been a very hot summer in Vancouver, which has completely deterred me from doing cardio outside. Things have started to cool off at last, so it's time to pull up my Zombies 5K Learn to Run, reset the data back to week 1 and get back on the road. The learn to run is 3 times a week, and successfully completing those workouts will be considered a passing grade.

3. Fuel: Lastly, I know I can't outrun my fork, just like I know I need proper fuel to get me through my workouts. I'm getting back on the paleo train. The plan is to switch back the mostly (about 75%) Paleo diet I was on at the beginning of the year. I love cooking, and eating food that's good for me, but I got lazy about it in the last little while. BYE BYE LAZY KITCHEN WENCH! Hello cooking queen! I'm going to use myfitnesspal to track my meals, and will consider an approximately 75% Paleo diet to be a passing grade. 

Life side quest:
In the midst of being lazy about fitness and health, I've also let my nice, new apartment also fall into disarray. Mostly because since I moved in back in the Spring, I haven't been as diligent about purging as I meant to be. For the next 6 weeks, I'm going to spend at least 20minutes/day sorting/organising/purging/cleaning my place. 
  • Like 1

Great goals! Welcome back, we started our first challenges at about the same time, I still remember you and am happy to see you back here.

That is quite a program you set out for yourself! 3x running and 3x bodyweight training, wow, plus the five times yoga you will be super fit!!

Loving your life goal, too :)

• Like 1

Great goals! Welcome back, we started our first challenges at about the same time, I still remember you and am happy to see you back here.

That is quite a program you set out for yourself! 3x running and 3x bodyweight training, wow, plus the five times yoga you will be super fit!!

Loving your life goal, too :)

THANK YOU! I'm glad to see you're still here as well.

may have been a tad over ambitious with my program, and failed terribly in my first week, but that's not stopping me from plugging away here in the second one!

• Like 1

Okay. Update on week one. Complete failure. I wish I was kidding, but I'm not. While I did manage to eat pretty well, it definitely was more around 50% than the 80% I was aiming for. 

As far as getting off my ass...I didn't. At all. No runs, no yoga, no workouts. Big F's all around. 

HOWEVER! That's just one week. And while yesterday I may have been having an existential crisis about how I managed to while away a week and not accomplish anything, last night I made positive steps to making this week a better one. (I know I'm talking about Monday a bit as if it were the weekend, which it was here in BC).

I made a delicious, Paleo salad for dinner (who's leftovers doubled as lunch for work this morning) and pulled out my workout gear before I went to bed, determined to get my butt in gear this week. 
Even though I had a hard time getting to sleep (it's been ridiculously warm here in Vancouver) last night, when my alarm went off at 6am, I dragged myself out of bed and went on my first run in ages. 

It felt amazing. Yes, I have to start back the beginning of my Zombies 5K training, and yes, I was so tired by the time I got the 10 minute free form run at the end, that I just walked it, but I don't care. I feel like those little steps have made all the difference and I'm ready to take on the world! 

I have a date with my yoga mat tonight - it's going to be magical.

OH! The one place where I didn't struggle was my life quest. My apartment is finally starting to feel like I want it to. A little cleaner, a little more organised, and with my art actually on the walls instead of leaning up against them. There's still a ways to go but I'm getting there. 

So, I guess technically my respawn started last night....RESPAAAAAAWN (that's the war cry I hear in my head right now)

Okay. Update on week one. Complete failure. I wish I was kidding, but I'm not. While I did manage to eat pretty well, it definitely was more around 50% than the 80% I was aiming for. 

As far as getting off my ass...I didn't. At all. No runs, no yoga, no workouts. Big F's all around. 

HOWEVER! That's just one week. And while yesterday I may have been having an existential crisis about how I managed to while away a week and not accomplish anything, last night I made positive steps to making this week a better one. (I know I'm talking about Monday a bit as if it were the weekend, which it was here in BC).

I made a delicious, Paleo salad for dinner (who's leftovers doubled as lunch for work this morning) and pulled out my workout gear before I went to bed, determined to get my butt in gear this week. 

Even though I had a hard time getting to sleep (it's been ridiculously warm here in Vancouver) last night, when my alarm went off at 6am, I dragged myself out of bed and went on my first run in ages. 

It felt amazing. Yes, I have to start back the beginning of my Zombies 5K training, and yes, I was so tired by the time I got the 10 minute free form run at the end, that I just walked it, but I don't care. I feel like those little steps have made all the difference and I'm ready to take on the world! 

I have a date with my yoga mat tonight - it's going to be magical.

OH! The one place where I didn't struggle was my life quest. My apartment is finally starting to feel like I want it to. A little cleaner, a little more organised, and with my art actually on the walls instead of leaning up against them. There's still a ways to go but I'm getting there. 

So, I guess technically my respawn started last night....RESPAAAAAAWN (that's the war cry I hear in my head right now)

I know how you feel on the running, I have to restart Zombies 5k and I can't until this heat wave breaks so I'm stuck until around September lol.  I've just been doing bodyweight workouts indoors to keep up with exercising, and I walk a lot at work