• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wednesday update~

Fitness: 0 Points >.> but I am signed up for hip prehab tomorrow!

Nutrition: 70 points! :o

Cooked dinner (20 points)

Didn't eat past dinner (20 points)

24% Protein! (20 points)

Ate breakfast (10 points)

Life: 40 points

Took meds (10 points)

Cleaned something (5 points)

Week 1 discussion post submitted (25 points)

So far this week: 175/500 Points

Assassin Mini: I made eggroll in a bowl :tongue: +100 points for the galley!

Assassin Ambassadoring: So yeah, I'm an ambassador now. I found a new potential assassin and poked my head into a few recruit threads :D No big.

Bonus: Classroom Progress - I put some things on the walls, put up some of my whiteboard borders (my long-side borders are too short so I had to do some fixing there :/), set up my computers, put a curtain on the short window, wrote the song for the first week on chart paper, and shelved the fiction books in my classroom library. I still need to find homes for a lot of junk, put up my nonfiction library, finish said borders, put up the curtains on the long window, do chair pockets, write names on things, shelve language works, and keep trying to make my enormous classroom look more homey. My plan for tomorrow is to try to get in by like 8 or 9, do a couple hours of work, go to gymnastics, return, do a couple more hours of work. And then I can pretty much spend all day Friday in there as well. I figure if I basically have things where it goes by end of day Friday, I've earned the bonus. Because really, I can write names on things next week. 

Omg I am a dumbass. I woke up and got all ready for the pancakes race and I was running late and I wasn't going to make it on time... Only it's tomorrow. Which some of you know because you're doing it too.

I'm kind of glad because in my practice getting ready I failed miserably and now I already know where everything is. And after breakfast I can go back to sleep :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay so today I woke up and did the pancake race. I ran most of the way with my new coworker, and I got a time of 40:12. Which I don't believe is a PR, but it's below a 13:00 pace! I was going to go to Gymnastics Flexibility, but I basically came home and fell on my bed and didn't wake up in time (I forgot to set my alarm :() which gives me a total of 100 points in Fitness for the whole week. Which isn't as good as I'd like. I'd like to do at least 3-5 days of working out. 

Fitness Plan for Week 3: 

• Monday: Stronglifts 1
  • Tuesday: Stronglifts 2
  • Wednesday: Hip Prehab & Shoulder Prehab
  • Thursday: Rest
  • Friday: Stronglifts 1
  • Saturday: Dog walking
  • Sunday: Gymnastics Foundations & Flexibility

Idk if this will actually happen but I might as well plan big >.> 

Anyway I am currently at 480/500 points. If I do my grad school homework (which I should do...) then I can earn up to 50 more points which will put me at 530/500. So as of almost 4pm on Sunday I haven't made my week goal :/ but I still can! The week isn't over yet!

As for my bonus goal of setting up my classroom, I got everything I needed to set up. I still have piles of junk to find homes for, but I feel pretty good about where I am with it. I have my assistant's help this week and also all day Friday to get the finishing touches worked out. 

classroom4_zpsfpvf9qrd.jpg classroom3_zpsup3gmx1l.jpg classroom5_zpsngd6f2s3.jpg classroom1_zps4b7tay7j.jpg classroom2_zps05aj1hnp.jpg

So since I got that done I am awarding myself the +1 WIS bonus for the week. Whether or not I'll get the points for meeting the week's requirements for my regular challenge, we shall see :)

Okay I am going to call it. 

I updated my discussion posts, which earns me an additional 25 points, putting me at 505/500 and earning my +1 STA for the week. 

I started my assignment, but I am not going to get it done tonight. Technically I have until the 18th before I lose points, so there doesn't seem to be much point in stressing myself out on the night before I officially go back to work. 

Two weeks down, four to go! Yay me!

• Like 1

Oops, this week really got away from me. I am going to go through my scores for this week later (tomorrow or Tuesday) and determine how I did over the course of the week. Basically it was the first week back at school, I spent every day getting things ready, and then I hurt my neck yesterday x.x so then I still had a thousand things to do, and it took longer to get all of said things done. But I think I am ready for the new students to come tomorrow! And I'll try to get back into updating here as well. 

Right now I am going to start going through my bedtime routine, because I want to get up at 4:30 tomorrow. This will allow me to take out the dogs, lift weights and eat breakfast before I have to be to work at 7:15. In the afternoon I will have to stay long enough to prepare for the rest of the week (maybe till 4 or 4:30?) and then I have some kitties to visit, and then at 6:30 I have an appointment to get my first tattoo!

I only went to gymnastics flexibility today because I had to take things kind of slow, but I am hoping to get to Shoulder & Hip prehab on Wednesday, and to get back to the gym to work out in the morning two more times this week. 

Oh, and my lunch for tomorrow has been made as well :D so I'm trying to start my week off healthy and strong, and to get back into a routine that will allow me to keep up with work, with grad school, and with my health. I'm here to finish off this challenge strong! 

First week of school is always hard, just because it's an adjustment to a new schedule and new group of kids &c.

This week I've so far been successful about getting up early. I went to the gym to lift weights yesterday morning, and I will again on Thurs and/or Friday. Tomorrow I'm planning to go to gymnastics. My neck is better except when I'm laying in certain positions. 

I'm cat-sitting while Maaya and Sherri are on vacation so I have been spending time with cats :) I think they miss their mommies. Natsuo (the shy one) was really cuddly last night. 

Today I fell asleep at like 5:30 and I need to go back to bed soon. I have some papers to grade and dogs to feed, and then I plan to drink a liter of water and have a bath. I'm behind in grad school again :( but I don't think that will happen tonight. Nerdfitness-wise, week 4 is going pretty well though!

I guess the last time I updated was Tuesday so I'll start from Wednesday :tongue:

On Wednesday night, I went to Shoulder Prehab and Hip Prehab (both 45 min, 90 min total). On Thursday my gf(?) and I went to see the corpse flower at the Botanic Gardens. It was almost closed :( on Friday I stayed at school until 6pm to get ready for next week. The idea is that I won't have to stay late Monday to Thursday. School is going fine. I'm still behind in grad school :( But I woke up before 6:30 every day this week (including today but since I fell asleep on the couch with my contacts in I took a nap in my bed immediately after). I threw away a bunch of trash yesterday, which is a start. 

This morning I took a load of crap to arc (thrift store) and did my meal deliveries (4 of my 10 stops were not home, and 3 of them were not my regular route). Then I came home and sobbed because I'm not taking my meds regularly because it's hard to remember so early in the morning and so my mood is off. 

My plan for the coming week: 

Sunday: Foundations & Flexibility

Monday: Stronglifts

Tuesday: rest, probably

Wednesday: Shoulder prehab & hip prehab

Thursday: Lyra

Friday: Stronglifts

Saturday: rest

Sunday: Foundations & Flexibility

Then I will start Fabric again on Mondays (not labor day though). 

I do feel better today :) I remembered my meds and did two hours of gymnastics.

Tomorrow night should be fine! It's one of the days I don't have plans yet :P and Thursday will be fun, I hope!

• Like 1

Week 4 Summary

So my total from Week 3 was 390/400 which means I missed the stats from that week :( Sad trombone. 

However! My bonus for this week was Worked Out 3 Times which I did! I woke up early and did Stronglifts on Monday morning, and I attended Hip Prehab/Shoulder Prehab on Wednesday and Foundations/Flexibility today! So I get +1 STR for this week, as well as the +2 STR I get for making my point totals (525/400). Woo!

For the assassin mini, I added another 60 min of targeted mobility work on Wednesday, and I did 50 minutes of flexibility work today (it was back bends, which is definitely my worst thing) which I can't add. But the Med Bay is at 100% anyway!! So now I need to focus on helping the Galley. 

For the coming week, I have to attend 3 gymnastics classes to make my bonus. I have 4 planned: Shoulder & Hip Prehab on Wednesday night, and Foundations/Flexibility on Sunday. So I should make my goal there :tongue: Then, because it's Week 5, I only have to get 300 points (I should be able to get that just from my workouts). I will try to update more, also. 

Yay tattoo!!! Awesome. So close on Week 3 and you MORE than made up for it during Week 4! I'm glad you are feeling a bit better and oh man, four gymnastics classes this week sounds just enviably awesome. Corpse flower sighting too? Very cool. 

Neat tattoo! Any reason you chose that symbol in particular? Or did I miss something in my skimming of catching up? 

And lmao, yeah, Med Bay no longer really needs help, so once we're able to contribute points to the teams again, I'll.......... see who needs the most help and join that team for the remainder of the challenge, potentially bouncing around between teams as needed. Plus, wouldn't be surprised if something happened and Med Bay needs to regain some of the points! (Which is fine, because I barely did any flexibility last week, ahahahaha.......)

Neat tattoo! Any reason you chose that symbol in particular? Or did I miss something in my skimming of catching up? 

I don't think I mentioned it. But you might recognize this version of the symbol better: 

sticker,375x360.png

Aerial lyra = so much ow. It was fun, yes. I liked sitting on top of it and hanging off of it in various combinations, but I can already see bruises on my shin and forearm, my inner elbows are red, and the backs of my knees may be really large blue bruises soon. Also my tailbone hurts, which at first I was all "I don't even remember doing anything to it!" but now I seem to recall several situations that required sitting on the hoop with it basically on my buttcrack. So that's probably why. Anyway I felt fat and clumsy like usual when I try new things but I am definitely looking forward to getting back into silks. 

I haven't made it in to do any lifting yet this week so I am going to try to wake up at 4:30 and do it. Which basically means I need to go to bed now (after making my bed with washed sheets, tossing in a load of laundry, and feeding dogs). But even just getting to gymnastics 2x a week and aerial 1x a week makes me feel a lot better about myself. Yay being active! Also yay Friday :P 

Aerial lyra = so much ow. It was fun, yes. I liked sitting on top of it and hanging off of it in various combinations, but I can already see bruises on my shin and forearm, my inner elbows are red, and the backs of my knees may be really large blue bruises soon. Also my tailbone hurts, which at first I was all "I don't even remember doing anything to it!" but now I seem to recall several situations that required sitting on the hoop with it basically on my buttcrack. So that's probably why. Anyway I felt fat and clumsy like usual when I try new things but I am definitely looking forward to getting back into silks. 

You looked awesome, so whatever.  AERIAL IS PAIN, PAIN IS BEAUTY, ETC.

It does look very unforgiving as an apparatus. 

Yep.  It bites.

• Like 1

Week 5 Summary

So for this week I said I had to do the 3 gymnastics classes, but really I have to do Ate Breakfast Every Weekday, which did happen. So I get the +1 CHA bonus for the week, as well as the +2 DEX for making my regular point total (I got 540/300). I'm not doing so great at updating and being present on the forums, but I think having a different focus every week has been good at keeping me engaged in the challenge. And I have been doing some good habits: eating breakfast every day, waking up before 6:30. 

This week is going to be a little bit of a challenge, mostly because I have Labor Day Weekend plans. My girlfriend (I can officially stop doing the weird question marks when I say that now :tongue:) and I are going to Glenwood Springs, which means I can't go to gymnastics on Sunday. Maybe I'll bring my laptop so I can still update. But yeah, since Week 6 is really my Attended Gymnastics 3 Times goal idk how I will meet that. I will be doing aerial silks on Monday and my usual Hip/Shoulder prehab on Wednesday. Maybe I can stay an extra hour for Dharma Yoga Stretch at the gymnastics studio on Wednesday. 

As for grad school, I'm keeping my head above water at least. If I just turn everything in, I think I can get an A-. Unfortunately I am two weeks behind on assignments and I don't know when I'll have time to catch up. Maybe in Week 7 :/ 

For next challenge, I think I might do a similar structure, but try to focus on areas where I'm weak (weights!) while still trying to maintain habits that have been working for me (attending gymnastics classes, eating breakfast, waking up early). 

• Like 2

It does look very unforgiving as an apparatus. YAY FRIDAY and ACTIVITY! :D

Yeah I definitely have a pretty big shin bruise, and some arm bruises that look like fingers >.>;;;

You looked awesome, so whatever.  AERIAL IS PAIN, PAIN IS BEAUTY, ETC.

Well thanks :) 

• Like 1

I just packed my lunch for tomorrow! Frozen chicken breast strips, frozen veggies, bbq sauce, and a steamer bag. I hope it turns out good! If so that will be the easiest way to pack lunches for work ever.

• Like 1