Emma in rehab

Emma

Sorry about the sadness. 

And do tell Emma she is a wonderful person and give much to the others on the forums.

• Like 1

Level 8 : Wizard Blacksmith 

[ STR 6 | DEX 6 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 10 | CHA 4 ]

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

Adapt yourself to the things among which your lot has been cast

and love sincerely the fellow creatures with whom destiny has

ordained that you shall live.

-Marcus Aurelius

Thank you, and thank you.

Emma has a tendency to be anemic. If she doesn't eat a certain amount of red meat every week, her immune system starts to weaken and that's when the hay fever hits. She has tried being vegetarian (she doesn't really like eating animals) but is constantly sick until I bring meat back in. At least that's my theory (and experience) and I'm sticking with it.

Just heard on the radio. We are near the Rocky fire in California and they are talking about the effect of the fire on the marijuana industry. Much of that area is dedicated to (probably illegal) marijuana cultivation.  Prices will probably be going up. 

• Like 3

So sorry to hear about the cat :( Hopefully there's something you can do to keep her comfortable. I know she is well loved and cared for and I am sure she knows it too. 

I think iron deficiencies are a common problem for vegetarians. If you really don't want to eat red meat or just don't like the taste of it, my mom takes iron supplements so those are always an option. I think you have take them with vitamin c (or orange juice) to get the most benefit. Also they can be hard on your stomach. 

Sending you and the kitty lots of love and healing energy! You are a wonderful person and I am always a PM away if you want to talk. You are a very valued member of this forum.

Hugs

• Like 1

Current

Level 11 Magic Cat Druid 

Head Flip Bitch (Team French Toast)

"A jug fills drop by drop" -Buddha

Battle Log

Past Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

(old) Battle Log

Accountabilibuddies: Doodlies

Embrace the Suck

Sorry to hear about the kitty. Pet issues are never easy to deal with.

Since you mentioned anemia, it's probably about iron and not protein. Meat has a lot of that, especially beef (and even more, beef liver) but so does spinach. Also read about other Rebels taking iron pills, but I'm no doctor.

• Like 1

Lvl 45 Ranger

HEY! DO YOU LIKE CHEESE?

Iron. I have tried iron supplements but the side effects were unpleasant. Spinach is one of my favorite veggies. :) Somewhere between one half to one pound of red meat a week seems to be the best and easiest way for me.  I just keep forgetting to make sure I get it when I get distracted by how much my tongue and stupid brain love carbs.

• Like 2

Lentils have iron in them?  0,o that is really good to know...I'm also an ex-vegetarian who gets sick without meat - I usually buy a pack of ground beef and mix it into my batch vegetables.  

Sending love to the cat, and to Emma as well, who brings so much honesty and heart to this community.  

• Like 3

LEVEL ONE APPRENTICE WIZARD RANGER: HUMAN UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Tumblr of VERY INTERESTING ART: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/radicalwizardtimes

Hard to keep up with everybody. :)

Emma said no! Finally! She had thought the Rod Stewart thing would be a regular show with a full band but it wasn't. It is going to be a sing along, emma on keys and the lead singer someone who admitted she couldn't sing. Emma felt this was going to be a chore instead of fun so she said no! Good for her.

Her shoulders and knee are still hurting and it's a deep in the joint kid of pain so she's hasn't been to the gym. We've been doing light workouts at home. We have also been doing research and will be trying out a high iron vegetarian diet for the next few days. Won't be worrying about calories so much as how she feels.

Cat is doing poorly.

Yes it is a bit weird that I am writing about Emma in the third person but it is helping. It is easier for me to get Emma to do healthy stuff than it is for me to do the healthy thing for myself, it also helps me get some emotional distance from the cat.

• Like 5

Writing from a different point of view can allow us to look at ourselves from a different angle which can really open some "mental doors" in my opinion.

Sorry the Cat is still doing poorly.

Well done for saying "No", it can be really tough sometimes, I KNOW!

Enjoy your weekend.

• Like 2

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

Third person is a great tool!  Hell, I talk to myself constantly (usually when I'm alone, although this is Gotham, so no one really cares).  I refer to myself as "kid," and talk myself through my issues, resistance, workouts, anxieties, and things I am avoiding,  in the persona of someone Who Knows Better.  I've asked a lot of friends about this, and almost everyone I know has a kind of alter ego or "other self" or voice or character that helps them be in the world and get a good view of themselves.  Whether you're talking back and forth with "Coach," or having quiet words with a vulnerable, upset part of yourself, it seems to be a super normal and healthy thing to get a little multiple.  Sometimes two heads are better than one :)

• Like 4

LEVEL ONE APPRENTICE WIZARD RANGER: HUMAN UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Tumblr of VERY INTERESTING ART: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/radicalwizardtimes

Thank you, it's nice to know I'm not really that weird or crazy.  Emma's personal assistant will continue to "encourage" her.

Emma had a good cardio session this morning helping move a burn pile from one location to another. Why?

Well, it seems that one of our Rotary members decided to fulfill his fantasy of owning a small farm. He bought an established little place a few months ago and started cleaning up the brush and put the trimmings and grass clippings in a big pile and then came down with a nasty case of cancer. Somebody, I don't think it was him, realized that his burn pile was not really in a good spot. I would agree that fifty feet from the main house is a pretty bad place to put a burn pile, especially in drought ridden and very dry California.  So a work party was organized to help this guy catch up with some of the outdoor work he can't do for awhile. The grass clippings were composting nicely, had never been turned, and were smoking. The (apparently brand new) farm owners know nothing about how to prune their trees and their free range chicken flock has been decimated by the local foxes because they don't want to lock up the chickens at night. There was quite a large group of Rotarians working there and Emma lasted about an hour. She just couldn't handle the stupid anymore. She does sincerely hope the stupid is merely the result of ignorance and will be remedied in the not too distant future. 

Number one son, and official owner of the cat, is coming up today to say goodbye. Cat has not even gotten out of bed today. 

• Like 3

So sorry to hear about the kitty.

Ah, yes, the stupid. A lot of people idealize farming and have no clue as to what is involved in even a very small "hobby" farm, or just in living in a fire-prone area, for that matter. Most of us are completely out of touch with things our grandparents or great-grandparents knew as the most basic of life skills.

Good for you on saying, "No!" It can be so hard to do, but is so incredibly freeing. And congratulations on regaining your feeling of freedom through life editing!

• Like 3

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Sorry to hear about the cat. It's nice that the family will have a chance to say their farewells.

I like hearing your story about the stupid. I keep hearing that people shouldn't wait and go out there and make mistakes and learn while you go, well that person seems to be getting quite a steep learning curve.

I like what I've been reading while I was gone. Things seem to be go well for you. Keep up the good work.

• Like 2

Viking Adventurer

Battle Log: Bearlee is ...

Hell, I talk to myself constantly (usually when I'm alone, although this is Gotham, so no one really cares).  I refer to myself as "kid," and talk myself through my issues, resistance, workouts, anxieties, and things I am avoiding,  in the persona of someone Who Knows Better. 

I have multiple personae I'm in touch with. At least half a dozen. So no, you're not crazy. Also, there's Pessoa who went off the hook with the concept.

Sorry about the cat, Emma. Congratulations on your progress tho

Lvl 45 Ranger

HEY! DO YOU LIKE CHEESE?

Sloth, love the pic. Love Star trek, too. (First tv show I saw in color was Star Trek TOS. It was 1980 and blew me away. I had seen TOS in B&W as a kid before the 'rents found religion. I had no idea, all that orange :) )

Bearlee! Glad you're back! Steep learning curve, I like that. Really steep.

DarkRaider, looked up the lyrics. Great song, thank you. Now I'm off to look up Pessoa. 

• Like 2

The cat is at peace, no more pain. Emma is crying buckets. 

I'm very sorry to hear this Emma, all I can say is that your friend is no longer in pain and your four legged friend will be with you always.

• Like 2

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

The cat is at peace, no more pain. Emma is crying buckets. 

So sorry for your loss, furry friends are family and it is so so so hard to say goodbye. You gave her some extra time and at least she is no longer in pain. Cry away, this is exactly the time to do so. Sending you lots of love and a couple virtual hugs. 

• Like 2

Current

Level 11 Magic Cat Druid 

Head Flip Bitch (Team French Toast)

"A jug fills drop by drop" -Buddha

Battle Log

Past Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

(old) Battle Log

Accountabilibuddies: Doodlies

Embrace the Suck