Emma in rehab

Emma

@ jakkals Made me laugh. Needed it.

Still feeling anti social. Headed to nerd meeting stopped to look at shoes (Emma still hasn't got those work shoes), realized left wallet at home. No money for the cafe. Thought about going anyway, but went back home. Felt insecure about getting stopped with no drivers license on me.

Need to do some adulting and don't wanna. Contractor promised estimate on kitchen on Monday. A month ago. Not returning phone calls or answering e mail. Didn't give him any money but means I need to find someone else. Is not a big job but I have no idea how to do it on my own. Pbbbt.

Took a three hour nap. Felt good, but need more sleep.

• Like 3

@ jakkals Made me laugh. Needed it.

Still feeling anti social. Headed to nerd meeting stopped to look at shoes (Emma still hasn't got those work shoes), realized left wallet at home. No money for the cafe. Thought about going anyway, but went back home. Felt insecure about getting stopped with no drivers license on me.

Need to do some adulting and don't wanna. Contractor promised estimate on kitchen on Monday. A month ago. Not returning phone calls or answering e mail. Didn't give him any money but means I need to find someone else. Is not a big job but I have no idea how to do it on my own. Pbbbt.

Took a three hour nap. Felt good, but need more sleep.

I'm finding it hard to get enough sleep/rest with all this muggy weather lately as well, hard to keep the batteries topped up and feel productive.

Try and enjoy your weekend.

• Like 1

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

Hi guys! Emma's been getting more sleep and more protein and is feeling better. Could this all be connected?

She has been wanting for a long time to be a gourmet cook so she finally did 20 seconds of berzeker and signed up for a gourmet cooing class. She learned a few things. She learned that she doesn't really like the taste of gourmet food. She learned that she knows more about cooking than she thought she did.

Contractor has been fired. He doesn't know it yet because we still haven't heard from him. She has been talking with her son and brother about doing it themselves. New cabinets, counter, sink and cooktop in kitchen. Is looking possible.

Just realized Emma hasn't been to gym for a while now. Sigh, she really needs to go tomorrow. Her shoulder does hurt some, but it feels like muscle rather than joint pain. She has been working out at home some. She gets a few points for that.

• Like 5

Oooh, cooking!  Now "gourmet cooking" is an interesting term, which usually just means "fancy," but knowing your locale as I do, people go preety darn crazy about fancy food.  Some "gourmet" cooking can be a bit weird, but it can also be fantastic and rewarding!  What kind of cooking do you want to learn?  If you have some solid kitchen skills already, it might be worth raiding the library for cookbooks and going to town!  

LEVEL ONE APPRENTICE WIZARD RANGER: HUMAN UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Tumblr of VERY INTERESTING ART: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/radicalwizardtimes

I'm more of a country comfort food person myself, though it can be hard to "lighten" some of the recipes to make them healthier.

Glad to hear that you will be heading to the gym, take it easy on the shoulder and enjoy yourself!

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Emma finally went back to the gym and walking again.

Definitely giving up cooking gourmet style. KISS.

Been feeling reclusive lately, not sure why.

Emma hasn't lost any weight. Hasn't gained any either, but still... must eat less!

Four more days of work, then 9 days vacation. Maybe a couple of little road trips, mostly home improvement and relaxing.

• Like 6

AAAH I miss Critical Mass!  I've resolved to get myself a bike in the next few weeks, and although I miss bay area cycling, I do NOT miss the hills.  At all.

Holding steady on weight is good!  You've got your plan, you know what you need to do :)

And it's ok to be reclusive - we all get that way sometimes.

LEVEL ONE APPRENTICE WIZARD RANGER: HUMAN UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Tumblr of VERY INTERESTING ART: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/radicalwizardtimes

Four more days of work, then 9 days vacation. Maybe a couple of little road trips, mostly home improvement and relaxing.

Yippie!!! Home improvement is a great de-stressor in my opinion, have fun and enjoy yourself!

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Maybe I should buy my sister's house and we could be reclusive together :playful: . Gourmet cooking, another thing tried another thing learned; experience worth it just to learn more about yourself. Don't worry about the weight, trust the process and things will happen. I haven't loss anything for a while, but I know I'm getting stronger and clothes are fitting better. Think I may be packing on muscle and the same may be happening with you. What are some of your get away ideas? Lake Tahoe, Half Moon Bay, Capitola, or somewhere up North? Where do you go when you already live in a tourist attraction area?

Viking Adventurer

Battle Log: Bearlee is ...

Bearlee,

I can't afford your sister's house. :)

It looks like I am going to be painting and sewing. I didn't have any real solid plans but I was pressured into taking my time off now in our slow season. Mainly I just want to relax and breathe for a while, maybe sleep a lot.

Where does one go when one lives in such a beautiful spot as I do? Why the backyard, naturally. :)  My hammock overlooks a vineyard. Seriously, though,  the point of travel is to expose yourself to new things. I want to go whale watching again, but it's not the season. Weirdly, or perhaps nerdily, I want to go to the railroad museum in Sacramento. I have a thing for trains. Your job is so cool.

I was actually invited to join the band camp. I said yes. We will rehearse on Saturdays.

Rotary club is doing something crazy but good. I am going to be having lunch with three other members (one at a time) and we will be interviewing each other. Have to come out of reclusive mode for that.

• Like 5

The Firefly marathon has begun.

Firefly  :wub:

Painting and sewing and being outside sound lovely. Great ways to be kind to yourself <3

• Like 1

Current

Level 11 Magic Cat Druid 

Head Flip Bitch (Team French Toast)

"A jug fills drop by drop" -Buddha

Battle Log

Past Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

(old) Battle Log

Accountabilibuddies: Doodlies

Embrace the Suck

Firefly! Awesome. Have a grand time!

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Yay! They finally arrested that guy from Critical Mass last Friday.

On Saturday, after investigators finished questioning Hespelt, he was arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon, vandalism, false imprisonment, and maliciously and willfully throwing a substance at a vehicle, all felonies. He was also booked on a misdemeanor charge of inciting a riot, Gatpandan said.
  • Like 1

Challenge conclusion

Gym 3x a week. Mostly. The cat's death hit Emma harder than expected and she fell apart and missed a week at the gym. She also missed a week because of a wrist injury.

Walk daily. Mostly. 

Stretches. Yes.

2000 calories a day. Nope. Emma really hates restricting her food.Need to figure that one out.

R and R and editing life.  Yes. Only said yes to one thing, the band camp next month which is only  a couple of hours a week.

• Like 4

Keeping up with your challenge while dealing with serious feels and quite a bit of adversity is super admirable! I think you did great! Can't wait to see what you come up with for your next challenge :)

• Like 1

Current

Level 11 Magic Cat Druid 

Head Flip Bitch (Team French Toast)

"A jug fills drop by drop" -Buddha

Battle Log

Past Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

(old) Battle Log

Accountabilibuddies: Doodlies

Embrace the Suck