• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rowan Caldecott

In which Rowan Caldecott Embarks on a New Adventure

Doing great!

You definitely get a pass on the backlog when you're moving! You're doing a great job keeping up with everything else while moving, so definitely a win!

Thanks for the encouragement, ladies!

• Like 1

We are at the end of day 2 of driving across the country. So freaking tired!

DAY 11

Quest 1: Did Day 6 of the Darebee Foundation Light program.

Quest 2: I honestly don't remember.

Quest 3: Got up at 6 a.m.

Life Quest: Not today

DAY 12

Quest 1: Did Day 7 of the Darebee Foundation Light program; also walked for 20 minutes

Quest 2: Nope

Quest 3: Got up at 7:20 a.m.

Life Quest: Not today

DAY 13

Quest 1: Did Day 8 of the Darebee Foundation Light program.

Quest 2: Attempted a Yoga Nidra guided meditation while riding in the car; mostly I snored, I think

Quest 3: Got up at 7:25 a.m.

Life Quest: Spent about 20 minutes reading a professional training manual I got more than a year ago but never read

• Like 2

Yay we haz the interwebz again! So I arranged to get internet connected in our new place the day after we arrived. I mean, we didn't have any furniture yet, but by gosh we had internet! And now our truck has arrived and of course I unpacked my desktop pc first thing (okay, second thing; first we set up our bed). I was having serious withdrawal. I have a laptop, but the best game I can play on it is Civilization 3. MOAR GAMES!

So, anyway, I will attempt to catch up here. I didn't log things every day and so I don't know how much I can remember.

DAY 14

Quest 1: Nope

Quest 3: Got up at 7:47 a.m.

Life Quest: Nope

Saturday night we stayed in a pretty awful hotel. The beds were so uncomfortable, not to mention small, so we had to sleep separately. Ugh! I was nauseous and achy on Sunday morning and it did not go away until Tuesday.

DAY 15

Quest 2: I can't remember

Quest 3: Got up around 7:30 a.m., but I don't remember the exact time

DAY 16

Quest 2: Meditated for 15 minutes

Quest 3: Got up around 7 a.m.; again, I don't remember

DAY 17

Quest 1: Did Day 9 of the Darebee Foundation Light program; also did some yoga

Quest 3: Got up at 7:20 a.m.

Now that our stuff is here, hopefully life can begin to settle into some kind of routine again. There will still be all the unpacking, but that has less urgency and moves toward less chaos, so it's less disruptive, somehow. Plus, I can sleep in my bed again! And play on my computer when the chaos gets to me and I need to zone out. I will probably survive this move after all.

• Like 4

DAY 18

Quest 1: Did Day 10 of the Foundation Light program; also did 60 high knees for the mini and 5x6s stomach vacuums

Quest 2: I have no idea

Quest 3: Got up at 7:14 a.m.

DAY 19

Quest 1: Walked for 21 minutes, did day 11 of the Foundation Light program, and did a few minutes of yoga

Quest 3: Got up at 7:15 a.m.

DAY 20

Quest 1: Walked for 21 minutes and did day 12 of Foundation Light

Quest 3: Got up at 7:57 a.m.

DAY 21

Quest 1: Did Day 13 of Foundation Light and danced for an hour

Quest 2: Meditated for about 5 minutes

Quest 3: Got up at 7:57 a.m.

Here is a somewhat limited recap of weeks 2 and 3:

Quest 1: Moved my body 6 days in week 2 and 5 days in week 3

Quest 2: Meditated 4 days in week 2 and 4 days in week 3

Quest 3: Got up before 8:30 a.m. every day in both weeks. Somehow my wake up time has moved to between 7 and 7:30 a.m., even though I moved to an earlier time zone. I don't know what's up with that, but I'll take it, because soon I will be back to work and having to get up early.

Life Quest: This only happened once during the last two weeks. Mostly there was too much to do and too much mental and physical chaos to focus on it.

Things I Learned and Random Thoughts:

• A mixed bag for the past two weeks, but considering I moved halfway across the country, I'm pretty proud of what I did manage to accomplish.
  • It feels like such a relief to be upping my movement again. Getting back to daily walking and yoga is such a relief! I'm still loving the Darebee program, and it's nice to be feeling ready to add more movement back into my routine.
  • I was noticeably stronger during this move than the previous move a year ago. It was nice to feel like I could carry some heavy things. Even my husband was impressed a time or two.
  • Our apartment is beginning to function somewhat normally, although grocery shopping and cooking has yet to happen. Soon, I hope.
  • Job interview tomorrow!
  • Moving sucks
  • Like 3

DAY 22

Quest 1: Walked for 22 minutes and did Foundation Light day 14

Quest 2: Not today

Quest 3: Got up at 6:52 a.m.

DAY 23

Quest 1: Did Foundation Light Day 15

Quest 3: Got up at 7 a.m.

Life Quest: Worked on the editing project for my friend that I've been doing for months

Annnd, I'm finally caught up! Life is beginning to have a basic routine in place again, which feels good. In other news, I had a job interview today. It did not result in a job, but did open up some other possibilities, so a win. Also saw some friends I hadn't seen for a year and got many hugs.

• Like 2

Yay, for things getting back to normal!! Yay for job possibilities!! And Yay for seeing friends again!!

I think you've done incredible keeping up with things while moving. You're having a very impressive challenge!

• Like 1

DAY 24

Quest 3: Got up at 6 a.m.

DAY 25

Quest 2: Meditated for about 10 minutes at the doctor's office

Quest 3: Got up at 7 a.m.

DAY 26

Quest 1: Did Foundation Light day 16; also attended a yoga class

Quest 2: Did a yoga nidra meditation as part of the yoga class

Quest 3: Got up at 6:30 a.m.

So my husband generously shared his cold with me and I felt lousy for a couple of days. That slowed me down a bit, but what got in the way of my exercise program was that I've been having a reproductive system problem which has been causing me a significant amount of pain for several days. I saw my doctor on Thursday and we began a plan of action to improve the situation, but things may get worse before they get better. So far, though, I've been feeling a bit better and having less pain, so I've been able to do more. I'm hoping I continue to feel better.

• Like 2

DAY 27

Quest 1:  Went for a walk along a local hike/bike trail, walked for 36 minutes

Quest 3: Got up about 8 a.m., don't remember the exact time

DAY 28

Quest 3: Got up at 10:20 a.m.!

Felt pretty awful on Sunday, so I slept really late and was just sluggish all day. The walk on Saturday was really nice, though; the area the trail goes through is very pretty, the weather was gorgeous, and people smiled and said "Good morning" all along the trail. It felt like we brought a little bit of our Austin experience back with us, and that was a nice feeling.

• Like 3