• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NightWatcher13

NightWatcher13 gets back on track

Working toward keeping up with my goals primarily this challenge, schedule and stress got the better of me the middle of 2 challenges ago through most of the last one. Time to fight back

il_fullxfull.246350157.jpg

Challenge goals:

Main goal - slaying the anxiety dragon. (Apparently I didn't kill him... just used an elder scroll to send the bugger forward in time. Typical.)

SQ1 - Mind games. My mind has felt like it was going to explode since I switched into summer shift, so this needs to take spot 1. Meditation, 6x/wk, and devotions 5x - goal for both is 7, but I figure the grace days will come in handy since I'm still on overload. Starting with 5min meditation for week 1, expanding 2 min every week.

SQ2 - Running out of time. I had to re-start my zombies, run couch2 5k, just did week 3, workout 2 today. 3 runs a week, hopefully the weather cooperates until summer shift ends - come school year i think i will have an indoor place to use, but I could be wrong on that since I have no idea what happens to my schedule in 3 weeks. Either way, as much as I am not even remotely a runner, i love the energy I get from runs and the cardio endurance I'm starting to build up.

SQ3 - Was torn between food and strength workout, I'm going with the workout mostly because i seem to be doing better on the food right now. So 2 core strength workouts/week, and 2-3 shoulder stabilizer workouts to try to get my shoulders back into real working order.

LifeQuest - Guitar, 3x/wk.

So, here's to focus and to tackling the time-demon

• Like 1

Yesterday:

Run, that's about it goal - wise.

Today (day 2):

Meditation and devotions both (devotions at work and meditation just now before sleep, but it's in.)

Hoping for a run, med, devo and strength tomorrow. Please, please PLEASE not a lot of rain...

Sent from my XT1019 using Tapatalk

Following on as promised. Some solid goals there. Those time demons are tricksey ones - I have mixed success with fighting off those beasties myself - getting some meditation under your belt will certainly help gain focus though.

Lets do this!

• Like 1

Day 3:

Ran, did NOT beat the rain home :(

Shoulder strength -check one

Devotions and meditation - check

Speaking of shoulders, had to be late for work today - woke up this morning and the right one did not feel right at all, so texted my boss to let him know I'd be in as soon as I got a Chiropractor apt in, which wasn't until 10:15. Thankfully my Chiropractor has seen me before for the same thing, so it was pretty quick, but I really need a way to get them to stay on their own... X.X hopefully stability exercises help

Are your shoulders any better now?

Still a little bit grumpy, but seem to be doing better.

This week will be fascinating... Horse camp after work, every day, and I teach most of the classes and crafts. So not sure if or how I can get my runs, etc in this week :( camp itself will either be soooo much fun, or exceedingly frustrating

falling-off-the-horse.jpg

Had an exciting time at horse camp last night, my horse went one way and I went the other. Hard. So yea, told the kids that this is why we always wear helmets when we ride once I was back up and walking, Chiropractor today to tell me how much damage and how dumb of a move that was.

Check in for the week so far : devotions on track, brain is not cooperative for meditation, I've been using it but have to remember not to "muscle through" when my head doesn't want to do it. That whole thing of "relax and let it go" I struggle with.

As mentioned above, no running or working out this week, due to going straight to camp from work. Food could be better, I cheated and made a subway 12 inch 2 meals to save time, and dinners at the ranch are balogne or pbj sandwiches with chips.

Guitar this week? Hahahahaha yea... Right. I'll make sure to pull Ruby out this weekend at least though

Glad you had a good time despite the mishap, and good work on staying on track with your devotions. That meditation mindset can take some time to get in to, but I felt that the key was conisistant practice, and like you say, don't force anything, just observe what is happening in your head, and gently guide your focus back to your centre.

What style of music do you play on the guitar?

• Like 1

Whelp, Chiro said I managed to sprain myself. So yea, he was basically like "Please don't do anything stupid today, and come back tomorrow. And if it still hurts tomorrow, please don't do anything stupid then either." He had me do xrays even...  :hopelessness: But yea, no work, no horse camp today. hopefully both tomorrow.

Glad you had a good time despite the mishap, and good work on staying on track with your devotions. That meditation mindset can take some time to get in to, but I felt that the key was conisistant practice, and like you say, don't force anything, just observe what is happening in your head, and gently guide your focus back to your centre.

What style of music do you play on the guitar?

Oooohm.... *pssst, don't forget that thing tomorrow* DAMMIT BRAIN! Oooohm... *pst, here's an image of a cute bunny* Brain.... hush. Ooooohm... oh hey kitty, you wanna snuggle?

Right now I'm using RockStar to help me learn, so it's a lot of rock. I like a lot of different music though, so as my skill grows I'll probably mostly play rock, but probably a lot more punk and classics thrown in. I kind of have a song list of *to learn*, which ranges from "I can't help falling in love with you" and "I see fire" to "Land of Confusion".

Damn girl I hope you are all right and didn't get a real injury. But you sure managed that situation like a total badass.

first

adit2uwn.gif

and then

May-15-2012-01-49-17-sfgvdf.jpeg

I tried, sure didn't feel very badassy though lol. Felt more like "I'm going to force myself NOT to limp until I'm where the 6-8year old kids can't see me, and hide the scrape on my arm so noone faints 'cause there's blood..."

I tried, sure didn't feel very badassy though lol. Felt more like "I'm going to force myself NOT to limp until I'm where the 6-8year old kids can't see me, and hide the scrape on my arm so noone faints 'cause there's blood..."

Yeah, yeah all I read is "I am a true badass but still very aware of my surroundings so I gave my best to not scare my young apprentices".

• Like 1

Yeah, yeah all I read is "I am a true badass but still very aware of my surroundings so I gave my best to not scare my young apprentices".

Eh, close enough :P If FINALLY bruised up on about Sunday... nice big shiner, and too low on my back to show anyone :( But feeling a lot better

Hey Girl where are you?

56.gif

Oh my gosh, that face is adorable...

I'm here, getting a few things sorted since my schedule is about to flip on its head again... *sigh* back to 2nd shift on Monday, which I'm not thrilled about.

Just got back from my first run since falling off the horse (well, since the day before horse camp, what with the 14 hour days and all) and it felt great, I didn't have quite the endurance during my final free-form run that I did last time, could either be due to the week and a half off, some soreness, or dehydration 'cause when I came in the house I downed 2 12oz glasses of water and was still super thirsty ^^; sooo yea... don't run without guzzling fluids first. Right on.

As previously mentioned, week 2 was literally nothing. No runs, no strength, aaaaand no guitar. Did get devotions in though (YES!) and about 3 attempts at meditation, which is slowly getting better but still struggling.

After this is up, i'm going to do some light yoga and pull out RockSmith for guitar, then later tonight heading out of town for a couple of hours to try to watch the Perseids, which should be awesome since I have my telescope

• Like 2

Alright, just back from a run. Today's my first day back on 2nd shift... still not happy about that, but don't exactly have a choice.

Last week:

2/3 guitar

2/3 runs

3/6 meditations

4/5 devotions

1/2 strength

I cramped up pretty bad in the 2nd half of the week, my calves did not want to walk, which made Saturday interesting...

On that note, I'm taking a bit of a step back from the horse farm to give myself some time to try to get a job in my field, and to focus more on my fitness. There's also other stuff that without naming specifics is getting to be more stress than it is worth, especially as a volunteer rather than a payed employee, and most of what we're supposed to be getting done with the horses training-wise is constantly being scheduled over with rides, lessons, or just because...

Head-desk.gif

So for now, I'll be going out for a few hours on Tuesdays before I go to work, and that'll be it unless I agree to help with an event or something.

Back is 99% healed, Chiropractor wants to check it one more time this week, but all the swelling has gone way down and the area isn't super sensitive anymore.

Aaaand I think next challenge I'm going to be focusing a lot more on food... the insane schedule took its toll on my food and I'm still recovering, plus my sugar intake spiked quite a bit and my weight is back up a bit (don't know how much, just don't like how my clothes are fitting) so I'm going to be cutting coffee out for now, maybe allow myself 1 coffee per week, since I can't drink it without sugar and creamer

Make-your-own-Mounds-coffee-creamer-A-fe

Basically, I like some coffee with my creamer.

Alright, now it's time to stalk... erm, I mean encourage, everyone ;)

• Like 1

This is what I deal with whenever I try to sit down and do something...

IMG 20150814 170109607

IMG 20150808 153236333

IMG 20150814 170114556

Anyway, i have some free time before I need to grab my bike and head to work... I'll write a bit :)

NightWatcher shivered in a shallow cave the water had made in a cliff until nightfall, then threw herself back into the water and swam to shore. She slunk along in the undergrowth outside of town, grateful for her feline night vision, and noticed the clothes these humans wore were nothing like the ones she had on. She growled under her breath, not happy with what she was about to do, but she had to blend in. She didn't know how she'd gotten here, but she knew she could not let herself be found.

Once most of the town lights were out, she crept over to a store, picked the lock - a trick her mother had taught her when she was still very young, and sneaked into the building. She listened carefully, determined she was alone, and switched into clothes that looked closest to her size. And they were dry, thankfully. She also found a satchel, which she decided would be useful - pockets could only carry so much, and she would be on her own for everything. Best to have some food to carry around. She promised herself to get the Doctor to bring her back here to leave money for the owner and left, checking the hat to make sure it was still there, and started walking north and out of town. She would make sure to put as much distance between herself and this place before sunup to avoid whoever had made sure she'd landed there, and away from the sea and the boat that had made her convinced this was a trap.

• Like 1

*gasps for breath* run today killed me, not the run itself, but the heat and humidity outside. I was fine in the shade, but after running a drill in the sun I was done, felt like I was going to faint if I ran the final drill :/ so going to get some Gatorade mix and use that before runs, since drinking a glass or two of water beforehand isn't enough.

Forgot to plan for hecticness yesterday, so wound up doing food-on-the-run all day. Taco Bell power bowl was good though. Got everything set for today, so yay.

And I may have just taken in a new kitten... Named her Kitana

2 kitties total, my 4 year old and the baby. I'll put up a pic or 2 of her in a bit, she's adorable. Has an injured paw and a limp but very active and follows me like a puppy <3 sadly, Miles is currently very jealous of his new sister, though all of my roommates pets (2 dogs 2 cats) love her. I don't think he realizes she's for him as much as me, since my roommate is moving and I don't want him to be lonely.

Planning to vet her this week ASAP.

Diet shift - as of this this week I'm cutting out drinks with sugar or alcohol, exept Gatorade for runs. That should cut out a lot of extra calories I don't need and get me 1 (or 10) step closer to Whole 30 and hopefully avoid the massive hangover when I get there.

Got guitar and core/shoulder workout to do today, runs are all in for the week, rode bike to work twice this week, and am slowly improving my meditation.

Anyone have experience drinking "Sass" water? Have you found it helpful/useless? I'm thinking about adding it to my regimen to see if it helps with energy and water retention.

• Like 1

OK - kitten post.

IMG 20150823 143605696

IMG 20150823 144639975

IMG 20150823 142110108

IMG 20150823 142059895

IMG 20150820 120044945

^^^ She's adorable, and she knows it.

IMG 20150808 153236333

This one's jealous, but he's getting used to her. I think he's finally realizing that I haven't replaced him

IMG 20150822 202525691

IMG 20150820 121521320

on a random note, this was my "exercise" yesterday with my Saturday group - one of the kids decided to hit someone with a pool noodle. Things escalated quickly...
And the flowers were randomly free. Went to Kroger, was in the checkout line, and someone brought up a few bunches of flowers to get rid of, and they were like "here, would you like some?"

To much cuteness and I find it very important that this page (NF in general) shows more real cats and not those famous internet cats I post so often.

Sassy water sounds like normal tab water where you ad some lemon juice right from the fruit, sounds like a good thing more vitamins and more taste. But be carefull if you want to buy it in shops the sugar is everywhere. Unless it's his shop then buy all the things.

x8cs4wp6.jpg

(Maybe I ate a clown for breakfast)

• Like 2

I'd buy his stuff in a heartbeat.

Most of what I've been hearing about sassy water just sounds like the same benefits from drinking the amount of water that you're supposed to, more than actual dietary benefit, but I'm curious.

Kitana went to the doctor this morning (I found a tooth in her foot yesterday, which is much worse than a broken or sprained foot that the vet can't do much for anyways) and got an antibiotic injection and some blood work done, and won over the staff.

Came home, made mason jar scrambled eggs with bacon and cheese, had to share with the furballs, downed some Gatorade, made a PBBanana smoothie for when I got back, and went for my run. Went much better than last Wednesday when I tried to do the same run; not as hot out and better hydrated going into it I think.

• Like 1

I have a weird, possibility stupid question:

Why is it so hard to do the fun or easy stuff on a challenge?

So far my best part of my challenge is the running. Guitar, which I love to play? It gets squeezed in once or twice a week. Meditation? Few times a week. Yoga and strength? Maybe twice, combined. Runs? I'm keeping up. And it's the hardest part of the challenge! I'm not a runner! At all! What the heck?

Irritated venting asside, my runs got shifted this week from m/w/f to m/h/sa, since my back felt weird on Wednesday. So I have 1 left this week for tomorrow, but that's it.

Got to sit down for about an hour last night with the guitar, which was nice. Kitana wanted to help me with the songs...

Yoga today, which feels fantastic on my spine.

And I had my first interview with a prospective new roommate today, since my current roommate is moving out at the end of September. The guy seems nice, and our schedules would be opposite, plus he'd be with his family on weekends (they live a state over, he's here for work) so it would be like having the place to myself. I have 2 other interviews tomorrow, but I'm leaning towards this one so far.

Because you're becoming a runner.

giphy.gif

Now I understand why people run at crap o'clock in the morning, I went for my run at about noon, thinking the weather was going to be similar to yesterday's, get outside and get SLAMMED with a wall of humidity. Eeeeeew. So when I passed the house (my run goes down a path and crosses in front of my house before I get to the cemetery) I stopped in and downed a glass of Gatorade I had mixed for after my run... I looked like I'd just taken a shower when I got home.

And they have me doing half squats. And if you do whole squats (I did last time I hit week 6, baaaaad idea) you wind up with nasty leg cramps. So those are really weird.

• Like 1