• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

starsapart

MINI CHALLENGE: Starship Nerdiprise, Captain's Log

If I split my time equally between both teams does that mean at the end of the challenge I get both teams allocation points?

Per the rules, you get the same number of stats regardless of how many teams you assist.  3 points for the base challenge (the items described here), and 3 more available over the course of the challenge as we add tasks.

If you split your time between teams, feel free to choose how you split your points.  Say you do Engineering, Galley, and Med Bay.  You can take 1 point from each, or two points from your primary and half a point from each of the others.  Fractions/decimals are fine.  You can choose based on where you feel you made your most powerful contributions.

ARRGGG!!!!

I'm a bit of a Jill-of-all-Trades with this one...I don't know where to go?!?

tumblr_mqajxtAvjx1qd6v0do1_500.gif

Pick a group today..... pick another group tomorrow..... ;)

• Like 3

Ok, so I guess I'm going to bounce around a little bit...

star-trek-dance-o.gif

in no particular order...

Weapons and Shields...so I can work on getting stronger

Med Bay...so I can be more flexible and move better

Galley...because my hubby already has me posting on FB our meals, especially the fresh gardens stuff, and all my friends grouse in the comments about the pics making them hungry!!  LOL!

I'll take a point in each based on maintaining a balance with each one...

• Like 3

Ok, so I guess I'm going to bounce around a little bit...

Weapons and Shields...

Med Bay...

Galley...

Heartbroken, no love for the engineers... ;)

0d6274b27a77ce8c1650a2387b0d3243.jpg

JgrCq2Wl.jpg
  • Like 10

Colour me surprised with the Engineering team :D It's 3 days into the challenge and we're building momentum. Maybe that's why no one doing multi-groups feels like they need to pitch into us? :P

I gotta say, I'm lurking on the other teams to see if they need help but so far everyone is looking good!

• Like 6

Colour me surprised with the Engineering team :D It's 3 days into the challenge and we're building momentum. Maybe that's why no one doing multi-groups feels like they need to pitch into us?

I gotta say, I'm lurking on the other teams to see if they need help but so far everyone is looking good!

Let's be honest here. A lot has to do with the pushup and jump complicators that have been added to the original burpee from last time. I am no longer okay with doing a ton, haha!

Plus, we powered through a crapton of bodyweight moves with the last two mini's, I think the yoga, meals, and such are a nice change. =)

- Sent from my magic Navi-powered device!

• Like 4

Let's be honest here. A lot has to do with the pushup and jump complicators that have been added to the original burpee from last time. I am no longer okay with doing a ton, haha!

Plus, we powered through a crapton of bodyweight moves with the last two mini's, I think the yoga, meals, and such are a nice change. =)

- Sent from my magic Navi-powered device!

Oh I agree, its nice to change things up. I was tempted by all of the teams this time through because I'm doing bits of all of them for my goals. But I figured that to keep from interfereing from my own challenge, I'd incorporate the one that worked best for me. So up until my Mudder, I'm an engineer. After that, I'll see if I switch to Away Team as my goals change to speed training.

• Like 2

These burpees for me are 3 times harder. The other i could 25 in a row. Now i get 10 and i'm more winded. And the pushup part is just [bEEEEEEEP]. But that must mean it's good for me :D So i'm just gonna keep on burpeeing :P

• Like 4

These burpees for me are 3 times harder. The other i could 25 in a row. Now i get 10 and i'm more winded. And the pushup part is just [bEEEEEEEP]. But that must mean it's good for me :D So i'm just gonna keep on burpeeing :tongue:

The fitness instructor at work has me trying to do one legged burpees with the pushup. UGH. DOUBLE UGH. Do you know how many times I've jammed my toes trying that in my vibrams? NO BUENO.

• Like 4

Props to the Assassins' Guild and their leadership for their work in putting together the Starship Nerdy Prize!

I logged in the Shields and Weapons team (pretending to be one of those alien extras you see from time to time) because I was wondering how we were going to see something like 1200 PR's and 400 form-check videos over the next five and a half weeks.  The Assassins' Guild might continue to amaze me as I watch this happen!

This is such a wonderful opportunity for me to go through the list of bodyweight exercises I want to learn to do and I am honored to be a guest aboard the Nerdy Prize.

It looks like I was supposed to open the Google Docs and enter my stuff - But shadow playing is tempting as well.

• Like 8

The fitness instructor at work has me trying to do one legged burpees with the pushup. UGH. DOUBLE UGH. Do you know how many times I've jammed my toes trying that in my vibrams? NO BUENO.

OW. Just...ow. 

Props to the Assassins' Guild and their leadership for their work in putting together the Starship Nerdy Prize!

I logged in the Shields and Weapons team (pretending to be one of those alien extras you see from time to time) because I was wondering how we were going to see something like 1200 PR's and 400 form-check videos over the next five and a half weeks.  The Assassins' Guild might continue to amaze me as I watch this happen!

Strap yourself in. 

• Like 1

This is such a wonderful opportunity for me to go through the list of bodyweight exercises I want to learn to do and I am honored to be a guest aboard the Nerdy Prize.

It looks like I was supposed to open the Google Docs and enter my stuff - But shadow playing is tempting as well.

You know nothing, Sam Snow. ;)

If Engineering doesn't max out at 6,000 by the end of the second week, I will be kind of surprised............... :D

• Like 10

Coming in late, but Away Team it is for me! My challenge is super simple with running being the only required fitness, so it's the perfect setup for the widely varied ass kicking that will be the HIIT WOWs. 

• Like 1

You know nothing, Sam Snow. ;)

If Engineering doesn't max out at 6,000 by the end of the second week, I will be kind of surprised............... :D

Well then, hey Tox, think we can keep the StarsMamaBear surprised?

• Like 4

Well then, hey Tox, think we can keep the StarsMamaBear surprised?

So you're saying wait til the third week to finish the 6,000?  That would surprise me too  :)

• Like 3

So you're saying wait til the third week to finish the 6,000?  That would surprise me too   :)

......not quite what I had in mind actually.... :P

• Like 2

Thinking about my personal tactic for this mini, and while I'll spend most of my time in the Med Bay especially in the first three weeks (though in Week 3 I may be able to sneak over to the Galley once or twice), it seems awfully apropos to be in the Away Team during Week 4 when I'm in Mexico... ;) 

• Like 4

Thinking about my personal tactic for this mini, and while I'll spend most of my time in the Med Bay especially in the first three weeks (though in Week 3 I may be able to sneak over to the Galley once or twice), it seems awfully apropos to be in the Away Team during Week 4 when I'm in Mexico... ;)

Just don't pack a red shirt.

• Like 8

Just don't pack a red shirt.

You mean like this?

star-trek-Scotty.jpg

Strap yourself in. 

Why didn't they have seat belts in Star Trek?  Every time the ship got hit, they were thrown about.

Guys!  Buckle up!  Click it or Ticket!

• Like 4

You mean like this?

star-trek-Scotty.jpg

Why didn't they have seat belts in Star Trek?  Every time the ship got hit, they were thrown about.

Guys!  Buckle up!  Click it or Ticket!

I'm not sayin'...

Vegeta

• Like 2

Heartbroken, no love for the engineers... ;)

It's not that I don't love you guys...it's just that I can't do a burpee to save my life...but I'm building up to that...eventually...

tumblr_n2wv9elPZD1qf7ds7o2_250.gif

• Like 5