• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

starsapart

MINI CHALLENGE: Starship Nerdiprise, Captain's Log

Quick query regarding how we log our entries...

If you're assisting more than one team, do you have to log in everyday to post, or can you post for other days?  For example...I prepped a meal last night, but I don't get back online in the evenings (family screen-free time).  Then this morning I did a workout to increase my PRs.  Can I post the meal from last night for yesterday in the Galley and then the workout this morning in Weapons/Shields?  Or will I have to post each thing one at a time on different days?

I was on my way to Engineering for another routine day, when I ran into one of the senior staff.  They said the away team had run into difficulty and requested an engineer beam down.  "Something about tribbles I think, the comm was acting up."  Hey, I figured a little fresh air would be good for me.  Maybe meet some of the locals.  Plus, I've always wanted to see a tribble up close.

I grabbed my gear and beamed down.... right into my worst nightmare...

ca356638c0f0efd5a42e70b04ed3657ba6019eab

It was immediately obvious that the away team ran into "trouble" and not "tribbles."  Trouble in the form of some very pissed off Klingons.  I might have screamed like a little girl, but at least I didn't faint.  Running away as fast as I could Attempting to draw their fire, I ran into the jungle.  I don't think they followed, but I kept running for a very, very long time just to make sure. Eventually I remembered my comm badge and requested to be beamed back to the ship.

In the future, I think I'll try to avoid away team missions. Fresh air is terribly overrated.

• Like 11

I was on my way to Engineering for another routine day, when I ran into one of the senior staff.  They said the away team had run into difficulty and requested an engineer beam down.  "Something about tribbles I think, the comm was acting up."  Hey, I figured a little fresh air would be good for me.  Maybe meet some of the locals.  Plus, I've always wanted to see a tribble up close.

It was immediately obvious that the away team ran into "trouble" and not "tribbles."  Trouble in the form of some very pissed off Klingons.  I might have screamed like a little girl, but at least I didn't faint.  Running away as fast as I could Attempting to draw their fire, I ran into the jungle.  I don't think they followed, but I kept running for a very, very long time just to make sure. Eventually I remembered my comm badge and requested to be beamed back to the ship.

In the future, I think I'll try to avoid away team missions. Fresh air is terribly overrated.

Away Team is no joke. :D

• Like 4

One does not simply walk into Klingon territory and expect to leave unscathed :P

• Like 2

Quick query regarding how we log our entries...

If you're assisting more than one team, do you have to log in everyday to post, or can you post for other days?  For example...I prepped a meal last night, but I don't get back online in the evenings (family screen-free time).  Then this morning I did a workout to increase my PRs.  Can I post the meal from last night for yesterday in the Galley and then the workout this morning in Weapons/Shields?  Or will I have to post each thing one at a time on different days?

Ah, I found this question finally!

Okay.

We know you can't always get online right in the moment.  So posting stuff a day late or so is fine.

Just ensure that you stick to one team per day and follow all rules regarding bonus challenges (one daily).  Honor system.

• Like 3

So I am going to the aerial park http://arbraska.com/en/lafleche/  on Sunday!!! :D SO EXCITED FOR IT

It's 3.5 hours of climbing and hauling around tree tops and obstacles and other such fun things! I've been wanting to do this for forever. But I am SO NOT going to be doing HIIT or Burpees after that.

Guess that leaves me today to max out my burpees and then tomorrow to either burpee some more of give Away Team a run for their money..... hm......

*pointedly ignorning how sore Monday is going to be*

• Like 5

So I am going to the aerial park http://arbraska.com/en/lafleche/  on Sunday!!! :D SO EXCITED FOR IT

It's 3.5 hours of climbing and hauling around tree tops and obstacles and other such fun things! I've been wanting to do this for forever. But I am SO NOT going to be doing HIIT or Burpees after that.

Guess that leaves me today to max out my burpees and then tomorrow to either burpee some more of give Away Team a run for their money..... hm......

*pointedly ignorning how sore Monday is going to be*

Engineering appears to be under control at the moment, but the away team could use some help.  I hear they have a problem... something about Tribbles...   :)

• Like 3

Ah, I found this question finally!

Okay.

We know you can't always get online right in the moment.  So posting stuff a day late or so is fine.

Just ensure that you stick to one team per day and follow all rules regarding bonus challenges (one daily).  Honor system.

Thanks, Stars!!

• Like 1

ueetlX.png

REGARDING OUTSIDE PARTICIPATION: Members of other guilds (excluding recruits) are welcome to participate in this mini if they wish; however, we cannot award additional stats to non-Assassins, so it would be just for fun.  If you're from another guild and want to join in, go ahead and start contributing... and introduce yourself, we'd love to get to know you!  If you are a Recruit, please focus on completing your first challenge right now.  We promise we will have more fun minis in the future, so level up and join us next time!

Just another picture to show everybody how happy I am!

• Like 6

Looking at the stats, the weapons/shields department is running extremely low :o Everyone please look out for days when you can grab some juicy PRs for us... we need 1200 PRs, which means that by 5th week I'm expecting to see everyone on 100% except for weapons/shields on like 28.6% :o

Looking at the stats, the weapons/shields department is running extremely low :o Everyone please look out for days when you can grab some juicy PRs for us... we need 1200 PRs, which means that by 5th week I'm expecting to see everyone on 100% except for weapons/shields on like 28.6% :o

Hi there!

The captains have noted the issue also and have some thoughts on how to rectify.  Stay tuned!

• Like 2

TRIBBLE TROUBLE

831dc68ff867d197dcea46b3d0a374a7c1b4f124

You've been mentioning it here and there, crew, but the reports were sporadic at best.... until now.  In the process of attempting to ascertain what was slowing the work on rebuilding our shields, one unlucky crewmember opened a stuck hatch, and, well.....

tumblr_m2r8tmwo7a1rnhqsmo2_r2_250.gif

Now, they're everywhere.  What's worse, they have completely overrun the Engineering bay, making it utterly impossible for the Engineers to work - at all!

What does this mean to you?

Time for all teams to band together to push out the tribble infestation!

HOW IT WORKS:

1. While the tribble infestation is ongoing, the Engineering team cannot add any burpees or BBWs to their score... so it's in the best interest of all to deal with this problem as quickly as possible!

2. Each team (including Engineering!) must eliminate 500 tribbles before the event ends.  That means you can add tribble elimination to your standard daily activities and log both.  Furhtermore...

3. Each tribble eliminated counts for additional points for your team!
    1. Because Engineering is compromised at the moment, 1 tribble = 1 point

2. The Weapons/Shields team has an advantage, having been the first to discover the issue!  1 tribble = 10 points

3. For all other teams, 1 tribble = 5 points

4. Each team must log a minimum of 500 tribbles, but there is no max limit.  This is a chance to get extra points, if you work faster than the other teams!  That said...

5. Until all teams log 500 tribbles, the event will continue and Engineering will remain unable to work.  Note that Engineering DOES have a 500 tribble number to meet, even though the rest of their activities are locked down, so don't all flee Engineering or this will never, ever end.......

6. Since the issue slowing Weapons/Shields down has now been discovered, all PRs will now be worth 25 points as opposed to 5!  Check your spreadsheet to see your points boost!

7. To eliminate a tribble, do a push-up.  Please pick a variation that is suitably challenging for you.

8. Log your tribble points for whichever team you join on any given day.  There's a column available.

9. Remember that this is optional!  Take care of yourself, focus on your goals, but if you have time for a push-up or two........ your friends can use the help.  :)

trib6.gif

>>TRACK YOUR PROGRESS HERE<<

• Like 6

Sorry for being MIA! I injured my foot a just before the 6 week challenge and it has been pretty sore and swollen. So I have been trying to take it easy. Swelling is down, but still hurts on top (even putting a shoe on aggravates it.) I will try my best to catch up and help out were I can!!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

You've been mentioning it here and there, crew, but the reports were sporadic at best.... until now.  In the process of attempting to ascertain what was slowing the work on rebuilding our shields, one unlucky crewmember opened a stuck hatch, and, well.....

The Weapons/Shields team has an advantage, having been the first to discover the issue!

It was me.....  Sorry, guys!

(I was running instead of grabbing PR's.)

FBo8JQ.jpg

See?  I was even wearing a red shirt!

Red shirts are bad luck!

• Like 2

3aee85eb9782028cb6e4e3209a5a18e1.jpg

Sorry for my silence, ya'll...haven't been able to upload my progress to the spreadsheet because I couldn't get it to open...kept getting "he's dead Jim" errors from Chrome...

It's working now, so time to play catch up on my posts...

Spreadsheet wasn't counting bonus points for the Away Team. Should be fixed now :)

Whooooops, thank you!

BTW, can I say how much I love our honorable leader starsapart's new avatar? Aerials FTW! 

Awwww, thanks!  :redface:

3aee85eb9782028cb6e4e3209a5a18e1.jpg

Sorry for my silence, ya'll...haven't been able to upload my progress to the spreadsheet because I couldn't get it to open...kept getting "he's dead Jim" errors from Chrome...

It's working now, so time to play catch up on my posts...

Oh no!  If this happens in future, go ahead and let one of your teammates know if you like and we can update the spreadsheet for you.

• Like 3

Sorry for being MIA! I injured my foot a just before the 6 week challenge and it has been pretty sore and swollen. So I have been trying to take it easy. Swelling is down, but still hurts on top (even putting a shoe on aggravates it.) I will try my best to catch up and help out were I can!!

giphy.gif

Take care of yourself!  Maybe you need some med bay and galley time???

New favorite thing to do: 3 hours of aerial park and then 250 push ups in a hurry. Thanks captains!

Oh, you're welcome, anytime. :D

• Like 2