MINI CHALLENGE: Starship Nerdiprise, Captain's Log

starsapart

If i see correct the points are calculated, so just put in the number of pushups you did.

Thanks...just wanted to make sure I was posting correctly!

• Like 1

Bast

Level 8 Assassin Goddess

STR: 19 DEX: 17 STA: 18 CON: 18 WIS: 18 CHA: 19

Challenges:  Current 7 5 4 3 2 1 1/2 Battle Log

PvP: Adulting & Accountability: The CutLasses Shimmy!

It's not how you start, but how you finish! ~ David Bach, Finish Rich

Finding Ways to Cope

Main Goals:  Controlled Weight Gain, Don't be a Slug and Necessities

Life Goal:  The Clock is Ticking

Assassins Guild Mini Challenges: No Power in the 'Verse Can Stop Us - Assassin's Pride

Soo, since we're talking pushups...anyone know any exercises to help with getting full range (i.e. lower than 90 degrees) for full pushups, or/and exercises to help with pushing back up from going all the way down with knee pushups? Also, what muscle areas should I be targeting to fix those issues?

• Like 1

Soo, since we're talking pushups...anyone know any exercises to help with getting full range (i.e. lower than 90 degrees) for full pushups, or/and exercises to help with pushing back up from going all the way down with knee pushups? Also, what muscle areas should I be targeting to fix those issues?

Here is a good primer on push ups.  It worked for me.

• Like 3

Barbarian Assassin / Level 5

STR: 16.5 | DEX: 4.8 | STA: 8.9 | CON: 8.7 | WIS: 6.6 | CHA: 6.8

My Current Six Week Challenge - Jrosto - A Barbarian Cleans Up His Act

Previous Challenges - #1, #2, #3, #4

My NF Introduction Post : My MDA Journal : My MDA Phase 1 Success Story

Simple & Sinister Workout Log

Keep Calm and Send in the Penguins!

Is there a total count on how many terrible are left to tackle?

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

I can't see the spreadsheet at work, but when I checked an hour ago Engineering was nearly taken care of (less than 100 left) but the other areas still needed some work (maybe 200 - 300 each.)

Very old battle log
Previous Challenges: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
Previous Mini Challenges: 2, 1

Assassin: Extremely competitive, tends to bust out bodyweight exercises when faced with waiting in hiding, and loves a good team vs team faceoff.  - Alexandrite

Engineering is done.

Weapons shields: 344 needed

med bay: 192 needed

galley: 287 needed

away: 150 needed

I spent yesterday in the galley, so I may just stay there to continue playing whack-a-tribble.

• Like 1

Very old battle log
Previous Challenges: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
Previous Mini Challenges: 2, 1

Assassin: Extremely competitive, tends to bust out bodyweight exercises when faced with waiting in hiding, and loves a good team vs team faceoff.  - Alexandrite

I read Steve's NF primer (that jrosto linked above) and also started with my toes on the floor and my palms on the 4th stair of the staircase in my house.  I gradually worked my way down from the 4th stair to 3rd, 2nd, 1st, and finally the floor.  That way, I always did full range of motion.  (It took me 14 weeks to get to a full set of floor pushups).  So, the first day that I did a floor pushup, I was already accustomed to going until my chest hit the floor, and after that one floor push up, I still did 15 more pushups in that set, just back up on the first stair.  It worked for me!  :peaceful:  I found that I didn't cheat the ROM if I allowed myself to go back up a step if I was tired - which seemed a better option for me.  (I'm working on close pushups now, so I am back on the stairs!) 

• Like 5

~Emerald_Dragonfly

Level 13 Warrior

Quick query on the Tribbles...do we put on the spreadsheet the number of pushups we do or the total points?

Count reps!

Engineering is done.

Weapons shields: 344 needed

med bay: 192 needed

galley: 287 needed

away: 150 needed

I added a counter to each sheet. :)  As mentioned, you're free to go above 500 for your group if desired.... or swap groups to help your friends out. :D

• Like 2

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

I read Steve's NF primer (that jrosto linked above) and also started with my toes on the floor and my palms on the 4th stair of the staircase in my house.  I gradually worked my way down from the 4th stair to 3rd, 2nd, 1st, and finally the floor.  That way, I always did full range of motion.  (It took me 14 weeks to get to a full set of floor pushups).  So, the first day that I did a floor pushup, I was already accustomed to going until my chest hit the floor, and after that one floor push up, I still did 15 more pushups in that set, just back up on the first stair.  It worked for me!  :peaceful:  I found that I didn't cheat the ROM if I allowed myself to go back up a step if I was tired - which seemed a better option for me.  (I'm working on close pushups now, so I am back on the stairs!) 

Thanks! Yeah, I read the primer before too. Guess I should try incline pushups then; was wondering if there were any exercises or muscle groups I could work on to speed up the process, but slow works too. 

• Like 1

Replacing my dips today with push-ups, still debating if I'll be on med bay today or weapons/shields...

Never mind, winding up taking a rest day today. A true rest day is needed after the chaos that was this past weekend and not listening to my body when it demanded sleep ;;;

Vicki | Sheikah Bard | Level 13

STR 32.5 | DEX 51.1 | STA 25.5 | CON 37.1 | WIS 26.0 | CHA 31.3

blkhoe24601 Gains the Power to Revolutionize the World

Past Challenges: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

2016 Battle Log

Galley reports all Tribbles cleared, Captain! 

Excellent news!

THE TRIBBLE INFESTATION IS OVER!

You can no longer earn points with push-ups, and Engineering can once again work normally.

If you participated in the clearing of the tribbles, you have earned +1 STR.

• Like 5

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

I think I'm going to try out the weapons/shields team. I'm doing the Darebee ab program this challenge and it naturally progresses me. Not entirely sure how to work towards PRs but this will be a motivating way to learn how :)

Thist

Level 1 Human Assassin Warrior Ranger?

Take care of your body, it's the only place you have to live ~ Jim Rohn

Current Challenge

Push Up Progress: 0/7

I have to share this image:

bruise from aerial park

This is what my arm looked like yesterday. Today it's not any better.

What happened? I went to an aerial park. (Ziplines, tree walking, wire bridge etcc). LOTS of fun. I loved it.

But one bridge tried to take a piece of me for a souvenier. It teetertottered under me and my reaction time is just fast enough that I caught myself on the guide wires before my safety harness engaged. This lovely bruise is the result.

Much boasting ensued.

• Like 7

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

What happened? I went to an aerial park. (Ziplines, tree walking, wire bridge etcc). LOTS of fun. I loved it.

But one bridge tried to take a piece of me for a souvenier. It teetertottered under me and my reaction time is just fast enough that I caught myself on the guide wires before my safety harness engaged. This lovely bruise is the result.

Much boasting ensued.

Gorgeous bruise! :D I call these Badass Badge :D

• Like 6

THE TRIBBLE INFESTATION IS OVER!

I finally remember the ending to the episode!  Does this mean it's the Klingon Warriors' problem?

• Like 4

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

Ingenious twist to the mini challenge - nicely done starsapart/Hazard :D And good work everyone for getting the push-ups done so quickly! First thing I know of the infestation is that it is over :tongue:

I'm a bit late to the push-up party here, but I did recently make a video compiling all the different push-up modifications for altering the difficulty and the muscle groups. For you, incline push-ups may be best... negatives can be good as long as you think it's strength you're lacking (i.e., not a technique problem)... if/when knees get too easy, then you can consider straddle push-ups until you get the strength for floor push-ups. When you get too strong then there are even more alternatives you can try :tongue:

You can try wider arms and narrower arms - if the narrow ones are harder then your triceps are probably the weakest and need work. If the wide ones are harder then it's your pectorals that need work.

• Like 6

Level 25 Cyborg Assassin

[ STR 36.75 | DEX 26.00 | STA 28.00 | CON 31.25 | WIS 29.25 | CHA 24.50 ]

current 5-week challenge: March 2020

external websites with my resources for...

fitness & breathwork | mental math & mind sports | motivation & productivity

Much boasting ensued.

awesome.

When you shared that you were going to the aerial park earlier, I got all excited because I remembered that last time I was in France, there was a place like that (admittedly, it looks quite a bit smaller than the place in the video you shared) down the street from where we're staying. After I remembered that, and confirmed that I wasn't just dreaming it up, I declared that we 100% must go while we're there. Now I just have to wait 2 months *pout*

• Like 2