• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

starsapart

Engineering Team (Assassins Mini Challenge)

ENGINEERING:

tumblr_inline_na7w3gVKLo1sz2ky4.gif

Getting the ship functioning - and keeping it that way - involves long hours of thankless work.  You may belong on this team if your primary aims circle around endurance and stamina, busting out high rep counts, and amazing your peers with the fact that you can keep going and going and going and.... you get the picture.

• Those who work primarily with the Engineering team will earn +3 STA at the end of the challenge.

• The engineering team will be doing 
     to build up the ship.  1 rep = 1 point, which means that up to 6,000 burpees may be done to help build up the Nerdiprise.

• BONUS: Any Engineering team member who completes a circuit of the NF Beginner Bodyweight 3 times through without stopping to rest can earn 10 additional points.  This bonus challenge may be completed once per day by any single Assassin.

>>TRACK YOUR PROGRESS HERE<<

Answers to FAQ:

• You may do as many burpees per day as you like, up to the full 6,000 if you're feeling masochistic. :)
  • Like 1

Ensign Plitog, reporting for duty!  Depending on the workouts, I may sign up for Away Team duty at some point.  Assuming I don't have to wear a red shirt, of course...

6b62c78c243a09db8c17e3a3a40f4d0c.jpg

• Like 4

Oh god, I did so many burpees in the last challenge... I dunno if I can bring myself to do it again...

This time around should be easier, right?

The 6,000 requirement sounded a little low until I realized these are not the simple burpees we are usually given. Good thing I was planning to do push-ups this challenge...

• Like 1

The 6,000 requirement sounded a little low until I realized these are not the simple burpees we are usually given. Good thing I was planning to do push-ups this challenge...

batting-eyelashes-frog-princess-gifs.gif

• Like 3

Hello all! Krazi3man reporting for burpee duty! I'll get a chunk in come morning. I loves me my burpees :D 

I may switch to med bay from time to time to show progress in my yoga/crow pose but I'm an Engineer at heart!

• Like 1

just-star-trek_o_385068.jpg

a5ed87d873a2b3042af21d9bcaa35d0a.jpg

201501_2215_bfehi_sm.jpg

Okay, joined this because of the fact that i can easily do burpees at work, so thats gonna help. Didn't realize it was a full burpee, push ups hurts my shoulder a little, so i'm gonna see how that works out.

• Like 5

ENGINEERING:

tumblr_inline_na7w3gVKLo1sz2ky4.gif

• You may do as many burpees per day as you like, up to the full 6,000 if you're feeling masochistic. :)

Why does a part of me take this add a challenge?

• Like 3

My quads still hurt from the micro-challenge and the kickfun yesterday, so: "yes i'm afraid i know what you are thinking...". ;)

But please prove me wrong (as spoken by my quads :P )

• Like 1

My quads still hurt from the micro-challenge and the kickfun yesterday, so: "yes i'm afraid i know what you are thinking...". ;)

But please prove me wrong (as spoken by my quads :tongue: )

I was just going to suggest that the first one of us that throws down 1000 squats gets bragging rights. And if all three of us get 1000 done then we can always move the finish line a little further back.... *innocent face*

• Like 1

Ok i tried out a couple. Only 10 in a row, my shoulder is holding up fine, for now. It does hit my breathing a bit and seeing i have no dedicated time, i'm just gonna slowly add to my count. So no surprising with a couple of hundred at a time this time.

• Like 1

just-star-trek_o_385068.jpg

a5ed87d873a2b3042af21d9bcaa35d0a.jpg

201501_2215_bfehi_sm.jpg

Okay, joined this because of the fact that i can easily do burpees at work, so thats gonna help. Didn't realize it was a full burpee, push ups hurts my shoulder a little, so i'm gonna see how that works out.

These images are perfect.

Feel free to modify down to a knee push-up or tweak your hand position if it will help your shoulder. :)  No hurting yourself.  Slow and steady will do it here, I think.

More like:

giphy.gif

;)

tumblr_lvgefaA0WX1qhigt0o1_500.gif

• Like 2

That's the plan :D

And we're on the same team this time, so I say we shock the pants off of the rest of the nerdiprise. If we get the engineering side of things covered long before the end then we can start to help the other teams if they need it.

• Like 3