• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

starsapart

Weapons/Shields Team (Assassins Mini Challenge)

This is an easy one for me this week as I literally just joined a gym. Leveling up from BBWW to barbell training!

This, yesterday I did my first ever barbell Squats and Presses and my first Deadlifts in years.

So, actual numbers (KGs):

Squat

20x5x3

30x5x1

40x2x1

Press

20x5x3

30x5x3

Deadlift

40x5x3

(I had to use two 10 plates in order to get the correct height)

As you can see I was taking it pretty easy as I was a total total noob and I want to ensure I get the form right, so I will be going back over the chapters in Starting Strength and next gym day I will also record for form. 

Going off to add these to the spreadsheet :)

Question... Do I add a new entry for each entry on the spreadsheet, or just update my one entry each time?

Two things!

One: form check video has to be a bodyweight exercise.... not barbell, sorry!  I say this with sympathy, as I am a huge barbell fan as well, but there will be more people able to form check you if you stick to bodyweight, so please do for the bonus points (but carry on with weights for your PRs!!!)

Two: New post each time, please.  It helps us keep track.

There must be a forum around here somewhere to check form.

There is a form check forum in the body weight section.   You can also post a vid in this thread to earn team points :)

It felt weird and hard but I felt great after. I'm pretty happy with my squat and deadlift. I most want to check my press form. I will post a vid next workout but It's gonna have to be saturday as I have physio Thurs and got cinema tix fri.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds about right, it'll feel odd for a while, but by a month you should be quite addicted to it, lol. 

Two things!

One: form check video has to be a bodyweight exercise.... not barbell, sorry!  I say this with sympathy, as I am a huge barbell fan as well, but there will be more people able to form check you if you stick to bodyweight, so please do for the bonus points (but carry on with weights for your PRs!!!)

Two: New post each time, please.  It helps us keep track.

New entry in the spreadsheet each time? 

A-HA! Good to know.
There must be a forum around here somewhere to check form.

For barbell-type form check, you can post it here: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/forum/149-form-check/Even though we're from different guilds, they'll definitely help you out. Alternatively/additionally, you can post in your challenge thread as well. 

There is a form check forum in the body weight section. You can also post a vid in this thread to earn team points :)

Unfortunately not. Points are only awarded for bodyweight form checks...

Unfortunately not. Points are only awarded for bodyweight form checks...

You could still post them if you want (without points, however), and those of us who lift can chime in.  But the forum linked by Urgan is probably the best place, as there are many very experienced lifters there who can chime in!

This is where I'll be spending lots of my time this challenge!

Looking forward to getting my numbers up!

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey haven't seen you in awhile, girlfriend!  Nice to see you here!!!!!

Guys, I'll be joining you on Friday.  Planning on trying for bench and overhead press PRs. :)  Maybe I'll do a video, too.... dips?  Push ups?  Something!

• Like 1

I will be posting my PR here, but since I am jumping rope alternate days, I will make up a salad dressing, and post pics in the galley on those days.

Initial stats :

Incline Pushup = 8

Box Squat = 5

One Arm Dumbbell Row = 5 (per side)

Assisted Split Squat = 5 (per side)

Knee Plank = 15 sec

I will also try to post form checks for all of the above.

• Like 3

Just one PR for me today

I was finally able to do handstand pushups!

so I went from 0 to 3

That is awesome.  I'm so far away from handstand pushups they are not even on my radar.

• Like 1

Post Nerdiprise bodyweight form check videos for the weapon/shield team in this thread, so your GLs (me me me!) don't have to spend extra time clicking around to review them.

--

• Like 1

PR Update:

Dumbbell Rows (by weight)  25 lb yesterday - No change

Bulgarian Split Squats (by reps) 7 yesterday - 8 TODAY

Close Push ups - by reps AND by lower inclines  8 reps on the 3rd stair yesterday - 9 TODAY!

Horizontal Pulls - by leverage - yesterday, 12 with feet centered in doorway - No change

Plank - by incline leverage @ 30 seconds (2nd step yesterday) - 3rd step @ 30 seconds TODAY!

Side Plank - by time (30 seconds/side yesterday) - No change

That's THREE for us!

• Like 2

WEAPONS/SHIELDS:

Did your first pistol squat?  It counts.

WVsWGhV.gif

In from the Warriors following an invite from Stars, here to support the Weapons and Shields team!

I took a video of 7 sequenced Phasor Pistol Squats.  Granted they are Mark-I Prototypes, so be careful!  The link is in my signature and everybody is welcome to be a brutally critical and informative.  :)

So claiming rep PR:  7 Reps, 4 Left, 3 Right.  5 Points

Claiming a form check video.  10 Points

Let me know if they count!

• Like 4

I think they were definitely good. Like you said the stability will come with practice. You did a good job of keeping that leg off the floor so thats a win in my book :)

• Like 2

Okay so today I did 12 reps with a 14 lb dumbbell for the dumbbell rows during my BBWW. Previously I've only done 10 reps. I think it's close to time to up the weight, but I have to buy a new dumbbell or kettlebell or find something around here that weighs more than 14 lbs first. I also did 10 push-ups with 2 stacked yoga blocks under my chest. I've only tried that exercise one other time and I did 6 reps that time. I'm working my way up to full push-ups as part of my challenge so that is probably where most of my PR's will be.

• Like 4

Ok, I'm here...but per Starsapart's suggestion, I'm going to bounce around a bit between here, Med Bay and Galley teams...

I'm basing my current starting points from AMRAPS I did last challenge...if I understand correctly, no AMRAPS, only reps...

So I'm going to be working on breaking down my workout in sets of reps...oh, and I'll be doing bodyweight...with my focus on upper body

Inverted rows (AMRAP 30)

Incline push ups (AMRAP 30)

Bulgarian Split Squats (AMRAP 30 each leg)

I think I read in an earlier post that time does not count towards PRs (like seconds holding a plank).  If that's true I'll be changing up the core aspect of my workout....

Elbow plank (AMRAP 180 seconds)

--OR--

Reverse crunches

So here's to establishing a great offence and defense for the ship and her crew...

• Like 1

5PR

Incline Pushup = 9

Box Squat = 6

One Arm Dumbbell Row = 7 (per side)

Assisted Split Squat = 7 (per side)

Knee Plank = 17 sec

At least one more of each and 2 sec on the plank

• Like 1

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's new to a gym, so will be setting PR's fast and furious!

Today I did leg presses at 55 pounds (plus body weight).  2 sets of 17, up from 15 on Monday.

I'll head over to the spreadsheet and claim the points!

• Like 3

In from the Warriors following an invite from Stars, here to support the Weapons and Shields team!

I took a video of 7 sequenced Phasor Pistol Squats.  Granted they are Mark-I Prototypes, so be careful!  The link is in my signature and everybody is welcome to be a brutally critical and informative.   :)

So claiming rep PR:  7 Reps, 4 Left, 3 Right.  5 Points

Claiming a form check video.  10 Points

Let me know if they count!

Yes, you can count this as 1 PR and 1 form check video.  You do need to update the spreadsheet, though. :)  Shadow playing is always an option, but I bet no one would be upset at the additional help!  This team's job is fairly hard, seeing as making PRs is no small feat. :D

I think I read in an earlier post that time does not count towards PRs (like seconds holding a plank). 

That post referred to run time (essentially a measure of speed).  Increasing your plank time counts for Weapons/Shields. :)

• Like 2