• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

starsapart

Weapons/Shields Team (Assassins Mini Challenge)

tumblr_mnxw64HAKI1stca0ho1_250.gif

I'm back from Med Bay! And today I hope to reach at least 2 if not 3 PRs.

• 10-3 step-jumps
  • _____ Pylometric Box Jump
  • _____ Assisted Pull-ups

Update: I didn't reach my intended PR's, but I did do 3 step jumps which have been previously impossible. I'm really proud of myself and I'll just take this win for what it is.

• Like 3

Work is in for today.  Parts taken from my logs.....

Deadlifts:

1x5x170 kg - DING!!!  PR!!!

Overhead Press:

1x5x61 kg - DING!!!  PR!!! - The last rep was a grind and a tiny cheat step -but screw it- I'm going to count it!

Total to date:

PR's Claimed: 4

BW Form Check Videos: 1

Entered.

• Like 3

Since I couldn't reach my PRs, I'm uploading two form check videos!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm9v6Bwp11o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZpAXxJ4mKA

Good job :) on the leg lifts once they get a little easier work on bringing those hand out from under you for a more difficulty

Also very good form on the pushups, straight back with no dips. Try keeping your face forward(looking infront of you) this will help with breathing and form. Try to go just a little bit lower to break that 90. But definitely doing well :)

• Like 1

Since I couldn't reach my PRs, I'm uploading two form check videos!!

Another way to add difficulty to your leg raises - ensure you don't bend your knees.  Focus on keeping your legs really, really straight.

And of course, I can't exactly tell, but I'm sure you know that your back has to stay on the floor the full time.  I think you're there, but just checking in!

Another way to add difficulty to your leg raises - ensure you don't bend your knees.  Focus on keeping your legs really, really straight.

Tight hamstrings checking in.  A yoga instructor recommended I just elevate my feet against a wall.

Amazing what I can learn from the Assassins......

And of course, I can't exactly tell, but I'm sure you know that your back has to stay on the floor the full time.  I think you're there, but just checking in!

Struggling with (neglecting) hollow holds over here too.

• Like 3

Tight hamstrings checking in.  A yoga instructor recommended I just elevate my feet against a wall.

Works like a charm AND it makes your back feel better after a killer lifting session.

• Like 1

I was going to join you today, but alas, this medic needs some medical attention. :(  I crashed pretty bad yesterday and am taking forced rest.

Will try to lift this weekend.... and will join you lovely folks then!!!!!!

• Like 1

I know! I will call it my three plate clean and post pictures.

Two burgers and a beat each with a side of fruit and potato salad. Twix ice cream bar and Hagan daas ice cream bar. Stuck to water.

(Added:  Scored about 2300.  Nowhere close to PR.)

Haven't downloaded mfp on phone so don't have score. Pics later. :)

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Added. Apparently I have to learn how to do monkey bars again. -_-

Much tougher at over 85 kg.

• Like 2

Woohoo! +1

# of inverted rows (15)

# of standard push ups (15)

duration of standard plank (1:10) (only 2 sec, but I can see improvement in the future)

duration of handstand against a wall (10 sec)

• Like 4

I like how this challenge is set up so that anyone can contribute by performing at the top of their game - whether that's inverted bent-leg rows or one-arm pull-ups... and whether it's bodyweight squats or double-bodyweight barbell squats.

Keep them coming - I'm seeing PRs in my future so I'll collect them in a bag and bring them here as ammunition :)

• Like 2

New PRs:

10 close push ups on the 3rd stair (up from 9)

Horizontal pull - increased my leverage one foot length forward and did 3 sets of 8

decline plank - increased my decline elbow plank by 10 seconds - on the THIRD stair!

Goober Noob Question - if we are doing progressive sets, so for example split squats, 8 - 8 - 7 Wednesday and then 8 - 8 - 8 today, does that count as a PR?  Or does it only count when I go up to 9?  If the progressive sets count, then I have a few more additions, as of now, I am only putting in the three that I mentioned. 

• Like 2