• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

starsapart

Weapons/Shields Team (Assassins Mini Challenge)

From my logs:

Squats:

1x3x134 kg - DING!  PR!

So one more PR.  I also uploaded a video of some pull-ups.  I might move that to form check and ask how far from a muscle-up that is and what has to happen.  (Besides unfubarring the shoulder.)

Squats form check vid.

I thought I was doing better at keeping my back straight than I am.  Plus my knees are getting ahead of my toes when I go down that deep.  

Any advice/critique welcome.

• Like 2

Squats form check vid.

I thought I was doing better at keeping my back straight than I am.  Plus my knees are getting ahead of my toes when I go down that deep.  

Any advice/critique welcome.

You're not doing too shabby, the knees-behind-the-toes cue is faaaaaalse. Obviously, keeping your butt back as far as you can without compromising your balance is ideal. Just make sure those knees are pointing out (tracking over your feet), and that's all you need to worry about (especially true if you ever want to put weight on your back...) re: knees. 

What's happening with your back is you're sacrificing neutral back angle for depth when you go that low. If Ass-To-Grass squats are your personal requirement, examine your hamstrings--in the fight between back and hams, the hams are winning once you get below parallel. Put a different way, you have hamstring flexibility issues to work on. HOWEVER, IMHO a perfectly good squat stops just at/slightly below parallel. 

• Like 1

Mmmkay, I have potential for several PRs here... 

Squat - 136 3x5, +1lb

BP - 73.5 1x5 - volume PR

BP - 75    2x2 - +1.5lbs

DL - 180 - 1x4 - volume PR (last time was more like 4x1)

DL - 182.5 1x2 - +2.5lbs

How many should I count? 

Squat - 136 3x5, +1lb

BP - 75    2x2 - +1.5lbs

DL - 182.5 1x2 - +2.5lbs

How many should I count? 

I don't count the volume PRs for my dumbbells, but I am not doing that kind of lifting. Maybe someone else who lifts will chime in? 

I don't know the etiquette...sorry!

You're not doing too shabby, the knees-behind-the-toes cue is faaaaaalse. Obviously, keeping your butt back as far as you can without compromising your balance is ideal. Just make sure those knees are pointing out (tracking over your feet), and that's all you need to worry about (especially true if you ever want to put weight on your back...) re: knees. 

What's happening with your back is you're sacrificing neutral back angle for depth when you go that low. If Ass-To-Grass squats are your personal requirement, examine your hamstrings--in the fight between back and hams, the hams are winning once you get below parallel. Put a different way, you have hamstring flexibility issues to work on. HOWEVER, IMHO a perfectly good squat stops just at/slightly below parallel. 

Thanks Urgan, I appreciate your feedback.    I do keep a nice back when I do normal squats (just below parallel) so your thoughts about my hamstrings makes sense.  I started doing full range squats to increase the difficulty of my squats and as the first step towards developing a Pistol Squat.

I've just started working on hip and hamstring flexibility with basic stretches.  The QL Straddle stretch kicks my rear so it's probably the one I need to do most :)

• Like 1

Two new PR's to post today.

Two handed kettlebell swing.  Old PR = 16 kg.  New PR = 20 kg.

One handed kettlebell swing.  Old PR = 25 lbs.  New PR = 16 kg.

Squat - 136 3x5, +1lb

BP - 75    2x2 - +1.5lbs

DL - 182.5 1x2 - +2.5lbs

How many should I count? 

I don't count the volume PRs for my dumbbells, but I am not doing that kind of lifting. Maybe someone else who lifts will chime in? 

I don't know the etiquette...sorry!

If volume PRs are important to you, then cunt them. :)  If not, then don't.

Just fyi guys, I'm doing some major deloading and form work, so my PR's are going to be a little scarce. 

I'm sorry!  I'll try to get SOME PR's to finish out this week.

I'm nursing a minor injury so I'm in the same boat.......

Okay, just wanted to make sure. Sometimes a volume PR is the next step up, it's really important for my deadlifts right now, for example...

• Like 1

They are called Form PR's.  Form PR's!

LOL^2.

Sam - If my form was better at the same weight, then yes (form PR ftw!). But since I'm deloading to the bar.... not so much :tongue:

Ah, the joy of starting with a clean slate and the frustration of not making a strict PR for a while...

• Like 2

My last PR for this challenge, and I think it's a good one :)

Turkish Get Ups:

Old PR = 25 lbs from each side.

New PR = 16 kg (35 lbs) from each side.

Darn right it's a good one, and it's all our last one to secure 100%. Nicely done. 

• Like 3