• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

starsapart

Med Bay Team (Assassins Mini Challenge)

MED BAY:

tumblr_mn821tBXP71ssr9bco1_500.gif

We cannot forget the extremely important role played by the medics in everyone's well-being.  You may belong on this team if you wish to pursue higher levels of flexibility and mobility over the course of this challenge.

• Those who work primarily with the Med Bay team will earn +3 DEX at the end of the challenge.

• The Med Bay team will focus on flexibility work.  Progress will be tracked in total minutes spent on dedicated stretching or mobility exercises.  1 minute = 1 point, which means that up to 6,000 minutes of stretching may be documented to build up the Nerdiprise.

• BONUS: Any Med Bay team member who posts a progress picture showing flexibility improvement (for instance, a splits or backbend progress picture) can earn 10 additional points.  This bonus challenge may be completed once per day by any single Assassin.

>>TRACK YOUR PROGRESS HERE<<

Answers to FAQ:

• You can work on as many or as few flexibility goals as you like.

• Try to count only time that you spend working your mobility - as an example, a full yoga class may not necessarily count, as not all poses will challenge your range of motion.

• Any mobility goal is good!  You don't have to be able to do the splits.  Documenting your progress with touching your toes (as an example) is completely within the scope of this mini, and very encouraged!

• Like 6

Settling myself in with this team. Since flexibility is something that's extremely important to me but not an official quest of mine, this will help ensure that I keep at it especially after my show closes. :) Plus, I am so close to the splits I can taste it, and I want to explore more advanced stretches while I'm here, too! And maybe be less pathetic with the pike stretch. :lol:

• Like 4

Yesss, good, flexibility! I'm moving into this bunk right here. There won't be much splits progress in the next two weeks because I slipped when stretching a few days back and hurt myself but I can work on other things, too. 

Also yay, Star Trek!

• Like 2

This is going to be my focus too. I do have a dexterity goal in my challenge, so this will help me make it a priority.

Unlike blkhole24601, I'm not close to hitting the splits yet, but I'm definitely working towards it, slowly.

• Like 1

Hey, guys!  I may take a turn with Weapons/Shields, but I'll mostly be hanging out here.... I have 60 minutes of dedicated stretching per week mandated in my challenge, and I am happy to provide progress pics, too!  Working my way back to full comfort in front splits after an injury, and doing straddle and backbend work, too.  Wheeeeeeeeeee medics are the best!

• Like 3

Oh! I figured out how I can do photos for this one!

For me, my 6WC includes yoga 3 times/wk, so I figured that would fit in with Med Bay, but I wasn't sure how I could do any sort of documentation since I'm not focusing on doing things like splits or backbends (I'm not anywhere near anything like that!). BUT! I cannot touch my toes because my hamstrings are constantly so tight. When I was doing yoga consistently last summer, I was finally able to, and nearly could even place my palms on the ground, so that is what I'm going to document!

Yay!

Question - does it make sense use a measuring tape (or some easily identifiable object for reference) from my fingertips to the floor to show improvement?

• Like 1

Oh! I figured out how I can do photos for this one!

For me, my 6WC includes yoga 3 times/wk, so I figured that would fit in with Med Bay, but I wasn't sure how I could do any sort of documentation since I'm not focusing on doing things like splits or backbends (I'm not anywhere near anything like that!). BUT! I cannot touch my toes because my hamstrings are constantly so tight. When I was doing yoga consistently last summer, I was finally able to, and nearly could even place my palms on the ground, so that is what I'm going to document!

Yay!

Question - does it make sense use a measuring tape (or some easily identifiable object for reference) from my fingertips to the floor to show improvement?

When you are specifically focusing on mobility (regardless of where you are on your journey), it counts.  I personally would not count an entire yoga class because not every pose is a flexibility challenge - some focus more on balance or strength or other things.

Documenting your progress with touching your toes would definitely count!

And using a measuring tape is great.  I do it myself, for straddles!

• Like 1

When you are specifically focusing on mobility (regardless of where you are on your journey), it counts.  I personally would not count an entire yoga class because not every pose is a flexibility challenge - some focus more on balance or strength or other things.

Documenting your progress with touching your toes would definitely count!

And using a measuring tape is great.  I do it myself, for straddles!

So if it is a mix of both does it count? I was planning on doing some bear walk/monkey walk for mobility work. It is also strength, but I'm mainly working on them for mobility as part of either my warm up or cool down.

• Like 1

So if it is a mix of both does it count? I was planning on doing some bear walk/monkey walk for mobility work. It is also strength, but I'm mainly working on them for mobility as part of either my warm up or cool down.

If you feel you are working on mobility/flexibility, count it.  Honor system, as always. :)

• Like 2

Thanks for the question, I was going to ask that as well.  This may give me the push to try Focused Flexibility.  

• Like 3

Thanks for the question, I was going to ask that as well.  This may give me the push to try Focused Flexibility.  

same here

and yayyyyyyyyyy medics here I come as flexibility is a major part of my challenge, whooohoooo. And here I was worrying if my challenge would be too full for the mini and how sad that would be... problem solved beautifully- thank you darling Nerdiprise Captains  ^_^  :wub:

• Like 3

same here

and yayyyyyyyyyy medics here I come as flexibility is a major part of my challenge, whooohoooo. And here I was worrying if my challenge would be too full for the mini and how sad that would be... problem solved beautifully- thank you darling Nerdiprise Captains  ^_^  :wub:

Really enjoy how they worked it so that we could find a place that fit our goals

• Like 3

I'm torn about whether or not to include my warm-up for the mobility portion -- I use the mobility portion of the TMNT workout for my warm-up. I only hesitate since aside from the leg swings I'm not paying much attention to my mobility, so idk. (And honestly, I'm not paying attention to my mobility in general... maybe it's time to refocus that since mobility can only help with dancing? idkkkkkkkkkkkkk)

But tomorrow if I can, I'll post up my current splits progress pics! No flexibility work for me today; I had four days straight of it and I have to let my muscles relax! (I still plan on doing some stretches after my workout but they're the PREVENT INJURY AT ALL COSTS stretches and not the deep flexibility/splits work that I intend to use this mini for!)

• Like 2

Howdy fellow medics.

I am doing some daily stretching as one of my goals (mainly to avoid injury at work.), and my wife will be doing pregnancy yoga (which I will get dragged into.)

Also I am an engineer all day, I don't want to play one on the internet also.

Lets see how this big dumb lug does at getting all stretchy.

I also may hop over to the away team for a day, if my wife wants to do the WOW on the weekend or something.

• Like 2

And here I was worrying if my challenge would be too full for the mini and how sad that would be... problem solved beautifully- thank you darling Nerdiprise Captains  ^_^  :wub:

I'm in the same boat.  I assumed I would have to sit out of the mini altogether, since I didn't want the mini to negatively impact my climbing and parkour.  But I can totally do this one!  Prehab and mobility work was already part of my challenge, so this should help encourage me to stay on track.

• Like 4

I'm torn about whether or not to include my warm-up for the mobility portion -- I use the mobility portion of the TMNT workout for my warm-up. I only hesitate since aside from the leg swings I'm not paying much attention to my mobility, so idk. (And honestly, I'm not paying attention to my mobility in general... maybe it's time to refocus that since mobility can only help with dancing? idkkkkkkkkkkkkk)

But tomorrow if I can, I'll post up my current splits progress pics! No flexibility work for me today; I had four days straight of it and I have to let my muscles relax! (I still plan on doing some stretches after my workout but they're the PREVENT INJURY AT ALL COSTS stretches and not the deep flexibility/splits work that I intend to use this mini for!)

If it's not focused flexibility or mobility work, don't count it.  You'll have to decide what that means for you.  Honor system, as I said above!

same here

Really enjoy how they worked it so that we could find a place that fit our goals

I'm in the same boat.  I assumed I would have to sit out of the mini altogether, since I didn't want the mini to negatively impact my climbing and parkour.  But I can totally do this one!  Prehab and mobility work was already part of my challenge, so this should help encourage me to stay on track.

This was the idea. :)

• Like 3

If it's not focused flexibility or mobility work, don't count it.  You'll have to decide what that means for you.  Honor system, as I said above!

Fair enough, and what I figured! It'd only be an additional 9 minutes a week anyway. Time I can easily make up and then some with new flexibility stretches and what not. ;)

I signed up for Flexibility tomorrow. Since it's the end of the month it will either be targeted flexibility for the entire hour, or tennis balls. I will count it if it's flexibility but not if it's tennis balls :P 

• Like 2

Howdy fellow medics.

I am doing some daily stretching as one of my goals (mainly to avoid injury at work.), and my wife will be doing pregnancy yoga (which I will get dragged into.)

Also I am an engineer all day, I don't want to play one on the internet also.

Lets see how this big dumb lug does at getting all stretchy.

I also may hop over to the away team for a day, if my wife wants to do the WOW on the weekend or something.

Your wife and I need to work on that pregnancy yoga together, as I just found out Sunday that's what I will be doing from here on out!

Glad to be joining the Med Bay. Not sure yet exactly what I will work on but it can only help me in 9 months, right?

- Sent from my magic Navi-powered device!

• Like 11

Your wife and I need to work on that pregnancy yoga together, as I just found out Sunday that's what I will be doing from here on out!

Glad to be joining the Med Bay. Not sure yet exactly what I will work on but it can only help me in 9 months, right?

- Sent from my magic Navi-powered device!

tumblr_m3ppveMgu71r4lux2.gif

congratulations-FW.jpg

• Like 6