• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

starsapart

Med Bay Team (Assassins Mini Challenge)

Your wife and I need to work on that pregnancy yoga together, as I just found out Sunday that's what I will be doing from here on out!

Glad to be joining the Med Bay. Not sure yet exactly what I will work on but it can only help me in 9 months, right?

- Sent from my magic Navi-powered device!

Yahoo!Congrats!!!

• Like 3

Your wife and I need to work on that pregnancy yoga together, as I just found out Sunday that's what I will be doing from here on out!

Glad to be joining the Med Bay. Not sure yet exactly what I will work on but it can only help me in 9 months, right?

Huge congrats!

• Like 1

Congratulations!

Looking forward to working with all you Medics!

• Like 2

Congratulations

giphy.gif

• Like 2

I have a yoga goal this challenge so this is the place for me!

Is this where we would post our pictures or do we put them in the captains log?

• Like 1

I took my "before" toe touches photo (that I will post later because tired now), but it's not for counting as progress, since, ya know, before progress. I just wanna show where I'm starting from before I get somewhere else. :D

I will say that my before picture has me at about 4cm from the ground and after 30 minutes of yoga (with 2 dedicated to hamstring stretching), I can just barely touch. Yay! (My goal is to do non-warmed up toe/ground touches, so my progress pics will always be taken prior to any exercising/stretching.)

• Like 2

I will try to find a way to snap morning pictures of my toe to elbow every morning, after my morning set!

I'm more flexible throughout the day, and after my second and longer set, but guess this will make a more clear progress!

here are the fist two!

Right side 1192fit.jpg

Left side: 

a9saa1.jpg

• Like 6

Alexandrite, congratulations! And you are right, the more you can stay in shape, the easier things will be. :)

I am mostly going to be hanging out in the galley because that best aligns with my challenge, but I have a "side project" of trying to get my splits back and will occasionally be popping in here. I've been working on it for almost a month now, and have improved by an inch and a half. 3 more to go. 

My progress, as of tonight:

7/28/15 splits

I guess I'm one of those weird visiting aliens that uses herbs and "magic" to heal people? :)

• Like 4

I need to do all kinds of stretching but a lot of it doesn't really photograph well. For example, I'm required to do neck and spine stretches for my physical therapy so can I count that as well as splits/etc?

I have a yoga goal this challenge so this is the place for me!

Is this where we would post our pictures or do we put them in the captains log?

Post here, please!

This is exactly what I need! Definitely committing :)

Glad you are excited to stretch!

I notice that you only have one forum post, however.  Are you new to the NF forums?  if so, please complete a Recruit challenge before joining a guild.  I promise we'll have more fun minis in the future. ^_^

I need to do all kinds of stretching but a lot of it doesn't really photograph well. For example, I'm required to do neck and spine stretches for my physical therapy so can I count that as well as splits/etc?

You can count any kind of stretching as long as it's improving your mobility.

For progress, if you're trying to get better range of motion for your neck, say, you could post a progress video and that would be fine. :)

In other news, I got in 15 minutes of splits/straddle work last night before my aerial class.  Didn't hit 20, so it won't count towards my personal challenge goals, but it did bump us a little bit, so yay medics!

I intend to take it easy at open gym tonight because I'm extremely sleep deprived and sore (series of unfortunate events yesterday ugh), so I'll take a looooooooooooooong stretch at the end. :)

• Like 2

Dr Phayze, reporting for duty! I just rerigged my program to include more stretchy time, so I should be able to put down 40min per week reliably. More if I don't hit any PRs for the weapons team!

I'll see what I can do about progress pics, too.

• Like 2

For those who might be looking for beginner flexibility routines, here are a couple of short (~10-12 min) that got me started, and my regular stretching routine includes most if not all of these exercises (and then some, these days):

• Like 6

I have pictures!

The first set is the only surviving set of splits pictures I have, dated all the way back to October 30, 2014. Nine months ago!

cFhIeMEl.jpg 7pyjkczl.jpg VDVt3SEl.jpg

And as of a few minutes ago, here is my current progress (crappier quality, sorry :():

OWpMKdIm.jpg YZ9Rt7Am.jpg 0il8RMzm.jpg

Proof that if I can get this close between age 27 and 29 (for the record, my current age is just over 28.5 years), most anyone can. ;) Granted, my center splits are still abysmal, but I also haven't been working them as hard as my front splits, either.

SO. FREAKING. CLOSE TO FRONT SPLITS I CANNOT EVEN.

• Like 8

Okay so I went to Flexibility today and we spent 60 min on pancake/middle split. 

Ow. 

Way to take one for the team.

I have pictures!

The first set is the only surviving set of splits pictures I have, dated all the way back to October 30, 2014. Nine months ago!

cFhIeMEl.jpg 7pyjkczl.jpg VDVt3SEl.jpg

And as of a few minutes ago, here is my current progress (crappier quality, sorry :():

OWpMKdIm.jpg YZ9Rt7Am.jpg 0il8RMzm.jpg

Proof that if I can get this close between age 27 and 29 (for the record, my current age is just over 28.5 years), most anyone can. ;) Granted, my center splits are still abysmal, but I also haven't been working them as hard as my front splits, either.

SO. FREAKING. CLOSE TO FRONT SPLITS I CANNOT EVEN.

Look at you with your matchy outfit and your amazing progress!

• Like 2

Look at you with your matchy outfit and your amazing progress!

Complete coincidence. I didn't even realize it until I went searching in my phone for any previous progress pics and uploaded these that I went... "wait, I'm wearing the same exact shorts awesome" :D (Shirt is different, but still white!)

• Like 4

Complete coincidence. I didn't even realize it until I went searching in my phone for any previous progress pics and uploaded these that I went... "wait, I'm wearing the same exact shorts awesome" :D (Shirt is different, but still white!)

You think the color combo is the key to your success? If so, I'm going shopping. ;)