• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

starsapart

Med Bay Team (Assassins Mini Challenge)

oof, okay this was crazy. So I just did 45 minutes of back flexibility using this video

https://youtu.be/8jh1rUGH3Bo

and scaling it WAYYY down... I'm guessing this really wasn't made for beginners xD but the stretches are nice, and I think most of them may actually work and help, I'm just not gonna be quite as intense right now. Like probably do about half these stretches and only one set of the recommended reps XD I didn't even make it through the whole thing tonight only doing one set of each, it killed.

but considering the back pain i constantly have I can see this being really good for me, for strengthening those muscles back there and assisting in keeping myself aligned better ^_^

Hey Everybody,

Late to this party, but would like to work on this.  My goals here are pretty simple:

1. My challenge has stretching goals, so I'd like to do that.

2. I'd like to actually be able to touch my toes for realsies

3. One odd thing - when I sleep on my right side I'm fine, but when I try to sleep on my left side, my back stiffens up.  I'd like to find stretches that help out with this. I think this will take some research.

worf stretching

• Like 3

FYI, only one allowed per day for points.  I noticed you claimed two, but please adjust. :)

You can post another today, however!

I REFUSE TO EDIT IT!

So instead here is some new progress pictures :D

e6atsg.jpg

2l8es92.jpg

• Like 1

I am trying to get closer to a middle split. In my starting picture I was 46cm from the ground, I measured again tonight and was 40cm from the ground. I haven't bothered to take a new pic, as it is such a small improvement that you wouldn't be able to tell. I was pleased that I had some progress though.

• Like 4

I am trying to get closer to a middle split. In my starting picture I was 46cm from the ground, I measured again tonight and was 40cm from the ground. I haven't bothered to take a new pic, as it is such a small improvement that you wouldn't be able to tell. I was pleased that I had some progress though.

But any new progress pic equals more points for you and the Nerdiprise! Even if we can't 'see' progress!

Congrats on the lowering!

- Sent from my magic Navi-powered device!

• Like 1

I REFUSE TO EDIT IT!

So instead here is some new progress pictures :D

e6atsg.jpg

2l8es92.jpg

I totally didn't mean for you to edit your post!  Post as many pics at a time as you like!!!!!  Just make sure you only claim one bonus task per day. :)

But any new progress pic equals more points for you and the Nerdiprise! Even if we can't 'see' progress!

Ok.

This is me 40cm above the ground. Previous measurment was 46cm.

gallery_11473_1823_1066358.jpg

• Like 3

" 7. To eliminate a tribble, do a push-up.  Please pick a variation that is suitably challenging for you."

I chose to do uneven push-ups since they are the most challenging push-up progression I have done so far.

I did a total of 50 (25 on each arm) and will try to do a few more later on if we still need more tribble kills.

Update 4:58pm

Another 50 uneven push-ups done.

Update 9:27pm

Another 50 uneven push-ups

• Like 2

Today was yoga challenge day for me - getting back into hanumanasana (front splits) has been a goal so I tackled it today. I did prep stretching in the shallow water of a lake so I could really get my hamstrings loosened up. Moon salutations back on land got me primed and then - viola, back into hanumansana, albeit about 4 inches off the ground and palms not skyward yet. I'm pretty darn pleased with the whole session and my time of active mobility work was a good 75 minutes today.

msKNSs8rmJ5m.gif

• Like 2

I did a 30 minute flexibility yoga routine this morning. Some of the transitional poses didn't really work on my flexibility so I took off 5 minutes for those and another minute for the corpse pose at the end.

I did 3 sets of 6 yoga block push-ups that I'm adding to the tribble count. If I do another set tonight I'll add it here tomorrow.

• Like 2

Ok...it's taken me a few days to get this up...had computer issues...

Did the splits warm up stretches, then did both styles...correct me if I'm calling them the wrong thing...

Split%20Progress%20-%20beginning_zpsycsd

too much back light made it hard to see the yardstick...but I had measured first (before taking the pics) and marked my starting points with washi tape...I'll be adding tape to show progress...DIY progress bar!!  LOL!!

• Like 4

I totally didn't mean for you to edit your post!  Post as many pics at a time as you like!!!!!  Just make sure you only claim one bonus task per day. :)

haha don't worry I knew it :D

• Like 1

Ok...it's taken me a few days to get this up...had computer issues...

Did the splits warm up stretches, then did both styles...correct me if I'm calling them the wrong thing...

Split%20Progress%20-%20beginning_zpsycsd

too much back light made it hard to see the yardstick...but I had measured first (before taking the pics) and marked my starting points with washi tape...I'll be adding tape to show progress...DIY progress bar!!  LOL!!

This is a rad idea!

• Like 1

Heya, I'm joining the medbay today. After yesterday's WOW + tribble pushups my arms and shoulders/upper back could use some stretching. Ah, I think Starsapart said beginning pics also count? If so, here's mine for splits, but for some reason I can't get the picture to actually post in here, so here's a link. Hope that's fine. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8SpTGA0Gs8remZadFE5Rm5TSms/view?usp=sharing

• Like 3

Joining in a week late after spending some shore leave on Risa 7, and hoo boy, now I know why Riker always goes there! Though I do admit I don't yet fully understand how all this is supposed to work.....

Also, I'm amazed that I can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning, but my brain came up with not only the name but the number of Riker's favourite vacay planet, without even an inkling of hesitation. My brain and it's apparent priorities concern me sometimes......

• Like 4

Ok, so, I looked at the spreadsheet and it said no tribbles were left on the Med Bay page, so I added my time stretching from last night in. I'm hoping this is ok? If that's all I need to do then it's simpler than it seemed at first...

Ok, so, I looked at the spreadsheet and it said no tribbles were left on the Med Bay page, so I added my time stretching from last night in. I'm hoping this is ok? If that's all I need to do then it's simpler than it seemed at first...

Yup, entering your minutes stretched is all you need to do right now!  Simple, I promise!

I'll be back with you guys tomorrow.... taking a visit to weapons/shields today again. :)

• Like 1

I've been so slacking this week, but my show weekend begins again tomorrow so expect me to throw up another 120 minutes because of all the stretching I do before and during my performance! :D It's just been a crazy busy week on the work front ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

• Like 1

Hello! I'm mostly a Galley team member, but I can't cook new meals every day, it turns out. So I spent my break time at work today stretching! 30 min added to the spreadsheet for the Med Bay. Good luck! 

• Like 2

I'm in the same boat.  I assumed I would have to sit out of the mini altogether, since I didn't want the mini to negatively impact my climbing and parkour.  But I can totally do this one!  Prehab and mobility work was already part of my challenge, so this should help encourage me to stay on track.

I just wrote my first challenge today and added flexibility so...perfect timing! You were right, this place is good motivation.

• Like 2