• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Way to go on the solid first week, man! That Italian place sounds fantastic.

Maybe you can add a walking desk into the budget...

HAHA would be great.

I did get 6 of my employees (all that wanted) standing desks.  They allow you to transition from sitting to standing, pretty neat actually.

Well I kinda got my teeth kicked in at my review.  Being my first time I didn't know what to expect, and well I fell well below my normal level of success with things.

I have a week to get it fixed up before I have to do it again, this time with all the vp's and president.  so... lots of excel time ahead for me.

oh well, hooray for my promotion....

good news, another late night but check all my box's yo.  

I even made up the missing steps from yesterday.

no matter how crappy,busy.crazy the day is I plan to check these boxes.  I am trying to form these as my minimum habits

• Like 1

checks done and done.

Still smooth sailing for the most part.

3d ultra sound planned for this weekend :) and friend in town for Sunday.

should be a fun weekend, looking forward to it after a rough work week.

Sorry to hear about the review being rough.  Hopefully the work you put in before the next one will be of some help. At least you know what to expect now!

I loved my kid's 3D ultrasound pics.  Made it so... real.  Enjoy! :)

• Like 1

Goodish weekend.

3d/4d ultra sound was cool.  Hanging with buddys is great.

Sunday I only checked 1 box, I was lazy and ate some junk.

It wasn't a total junk day, and the rest was kinda needed.

So not beating myself up too much, but I need to make sure I don't start skipping my weekends.

more and more time spend at a pc at work has made my step goal significantly harder.

Yesterday I only hit 5500 steps, which is super light for me.

I checked everything but that yesterday.

I got grabbed into a meeting which lasted all day, so they ordered lunch for us.  It was the norm here greasy/fried something or other and fries and cake.

So this has been hard point for me in the past, I am a 20 min walk from office (where I put my lunch) and can't really leave the meeting.

So in the past I would break down and just eat it. this time i remembered that it is cool to IF (intermittent fasting) so I skipped lunch and worked through it.

Not a bad deal, it worked.  I dont' usually eat breakfast and wait till about 1 to eat lunch so its not crazy to just wait till 6 or 7 to eat.

Dont want to do that every day but occasionally it is ok.

• Like 1

I'm almost ok with daily IF, considering my tendencies at binge eating all day long, it really helps keeping my diet in line. That being said, I really can't afford to have some "easy to eat" stuff at home, or else it mindlessly disappears in my belly :/

Do you have a punishment game if you don't do enough walking? Like... washing the dishes? :P

• Like 1

Mistress of pain always looking to dish out punishments ;)

Luckily I made up the steps I missed.  

But you gave me a great idea for my next challenge.

I am using these six weeks to build these items as habits so that when I am swamped at work, not sleeping from a newborn, and whatever comes my way I still maintain a minimum level of strength,flexibility, productivity, and health.

So for the next challenge which will basically start the day my wife is due, I plan to stick with this check mark plan.  I will institute a punishment for missing them, and maybe make my punishments public.

Open to my lovely friends here on NF

That a side, this plan is working pretty well for me.

On an average day I am eating around 1750 calories

walking 7500 steps

about 100 squats at work (wizerscies)

stretching for 5-10 min

body weight work out for about 10 mins ( 60jj's 20push ups, 30 squats, 6 pull ups, 24 leg lifts, 120 arm circles)

I take my vitamins

I do a chore every day, really frees up my weekends

I'm pretty happy with that.

Mistress of pain always looking to dish out punishments ;)

Luckily I made up the steps I missed.  

But you gave me a great idea for my next challenge.

I am using these six weeks to build these items as habits so that when I am swamped at work, not sleeping from a newborn, and whatever comes my way I still maintain a minimum level of strength,flexibility, productivity, and health.

So for the next challenge which will basically start the day my wife is due, I plan to stick with this check mark plan.  I will institute a punishment for missing them, and maybe make my punishments public.

Open to my lovely friends here on NF

That a side, this plan is working pretty well for me.

On an average day I am eating around 1750 calories

walking 7500 steps

about 100 squats at work (wizerscies)

stretching for 5-10 min

body weight work out for about 10 mins ( 60jj's 20push ups, 30 squats, 6 pull ups, 24 leg lifts, 120 arm circles)

I take my vitamins

I do a chore every day, really frees up my weekends

I'm pretty happy with that.

Love. It. You are crushing this challenge in terms of setting up those habits.  It will really serve you well when the princess arrives.

• Like 1

Looks as through you're whooping the challenge!

The work/food conundrum is a rough one. On one hand you need food to function but on the other you need healthy food to...be healthy. Sounds like you found a solution though! It might also work to have a snack sized (calorie wise) amount to keep you from tuning out the boss for daydreams about the delicious option sitting at your desk (honestly a problem for me).

• Like 1

So the weekend went 
72017-bill-and-Ted-excellent-gif-JLyQ.jp

check marks all around.  Making these items habits is coming along.  It still takes active thinking to complete them, but it will be become second nature soon.

• Like 1

So the weekend went 

72017-bill-and-Ted-excellent-gif-JLyQ.jp

check marks all around.  Making these items habits is coming along.  It still takes active thinking to complete them, but it will be become second nature soon.

Awesome. Love it when habits become just part of what you do.

• Like 1

Yesterday was a long rough day at work.

We had a large 4160v motor blow up, and getting it all back online was rough.

I didn't get home till about 9pm, but I hit all my checks regardless.

This is great, by keeping a simple, relatively easy mandatory minimum I am able to hit it even on crappy days.

• Like 1

Nice job. Guessing on a day like that steps weren't too challenging?

ha ha, yeah yesterday was a 20k plus day.

Bad news continues, 15 mins after I wrote my earlier post we had a boiler tube blow out.

Most likely due to the motor failure (which runs a fan) making us cycle the boiler up and down.

After finding that (which sounds like a jet engine in your face) I was informed  that one of our conveyors went down.  Catastrophic mechanical failure.  We swapped to the back up and it broke as well....

So were rushing to get it up before we fall to far behind and have to shut the plant down.

I don't like my new plant.

Its shaping up to be a rough week, good test for my new minimums system.

Catastrophic mechanical failure. We swapped to the back up and it broke as well....

I don't like my new plant.

Sounds like a pretty rough day. Hope you are now getting some catch up sleep! How did the mins work out?

• Like 1

Well yesterday we were slapping band aids on conveyors until we could get a proper fix in place.  We got one done at 11pm and took the other down for repair.  that work is starting this morning.

At the boiler was cooled off enough to pop in and see what the blow tube looks like.  It was 139 degrees, and I have to wear a respirator so I was quick about it.  Found it, was in a bad spot so I called for scaffolding and headed home.  Got hourly updates on the phone till 3 am when the job was well on its way.  Were still working on it, should be back online by end of day.

Gunna be a rough week.

Enough about my job, my minimums went well.  I got home about  midnight, eat dinner, and began checking off box's.

Got my work out done 60 jj's, 30 squats, 20 push ups, 8 pull ups, 24 leg lifts, 120 arm circles.

Some stretching

took my vitamins

needed a chore, was tired so I decided cutting my nails counts as a chore.  They were bothering me in my gloves earlier at work, and being a recent convert from nail biting, i found that keeping them cut helps keep the desire away.

and with that I hit all my box's

Got 3 hours of sleep and back at it today.

rock and roll

Well the week has continued to be horrible.  I haven't had more than 3 hours of sleep a day yet, and I don't see it happening until at least Tuesday.  

Good news I am forcing my check marks.

I missed my work out and stretching one day, so I  doubled up the next day, I think that is fair.

Back to the grind, hope everyone has a good weekend.

the weekend has continued roughly how the week as been so far.  Still long, hot, hard days at work.

Yesterday I was able to leave at 4pm and go for dinner with my wife and friends.  We also went to a pretty cool place.  It is an office building and they lock you in a room, with clues and you have to figure out how to get out.  You have an hour, or the room fill with water (or they say time is up and let you out.)  We finished in 44 mins so I guess I will never know.  Cool thou 5 locks on the door, and needed to solve riddles, math based questions, observation ones, searching the room for clues etc.  Good time.

That day I didn't do a chore, or my work out, or stretch.  My calorie count also is borderline, most likely slightly over.  Calculating what was cooked in a restaurant isn't also easy to tell.

So that day has been the worst as far as checkmarks go, but it did kinda feel like vacation to be away from the plant, so I'm gonna be ok with it.  Even thou Nuala would prolly dish out punishment.

I'm back at work, and it will will continue to suck for at east another day.  Time to put my head done and get stuff done.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.