• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Yesterday I was able to leave at 4pm and go for dinner with my wife and friends.  We also went to a pretty cool place.  It is an office building and they lock you in a room, with clues and you have to figure out how to get out.  You have an hour, or the room fill with water (or they say time is up and let you out.)  We finished in 44 mins so I guess I will never know.  Cool thou 5 locks on the door, and needed to solve riddles, math based questions, observation ones, searching the room for clues etc.  Good time.

Have you seen the Big Bang Theory episode where they go to a puzzle room like that?

Sounds like a really rough week at work; I'm impressed you've kept you minimums up during that time. Nicely done.

• Like 1

I have not seen that.  I am a bit a twisted, I was thinking of the movie the cube while i was doing it.

It was a good time, and nice to not be at work for a chunk of time.

Things are running again, but I am not catching up on all the financial stuff I ignored last week.

So that means long days still, and all behind a PC.  So I will have to focus up on my steps, and ignore junk food.  Because its everywhere and sitting at desk makes want it more.

Hope everyone is off to a good start, this week.

Here is a youtube version:

I thought it was pretty funny.

Good luck sorting out the budget stuff... I would say that I hope staring at the computer leads to motivation to finally do something active at the end of the day but that's never how it seems to work in real life.

• Like 1

Yesterday was my worst day (performance wise), since the challenge started.

I was 3/7 for checkmarks, and My calorie intake for the day was over 3k.

Sad part was that I had a easy work day, got to leave  at a normal time.  I just got lazy.

Well back in the saddle today, gunna get all them checks.

Also got the light-saber nightlight all set.  Well I need to figure out a creative mount still, but here pics.

Cause pics are fun.

VKWc3Z0l.jpg

bDAVChPl.jpg

eEKyCu2l.jpg

We have our birth class this weekend.  Its getting close!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

• Like 1

Way to go on all of the check marks!

Your nursery looks awesome and that lightsaber is super cool. I have one parenting worry for you guys though: at some age your daughter is going to realize that she is not actually a Jedi and that she will not be able to throw things at people using the force/fly spaceships with superhuman precision/deflect blasters with her nightlight. I predict that will be traumatic...you might start thinking about how to break it to her gently. :)

• Like 1

Congrats on bouncing back Friday!  And the lightsaber nightlight looks great.  I assume you've already googled "lightsaber wall mount DIY"?

HAHA, I look up just that.  Thanks, bouncing back has gotten easier and easier since I came to NF.  I can't seem to turn around a bad day half way through, but no more bad strings of days. 

Way to go on all of the check marks!

Your nursery looks awesome and that lightsaber is super cool. I have one parenting worry for you guys though: at some age your daughter is going to realize that she is not actually a Jedi and that she will not be able to throw things at people using the force/fly spaceships with superhuman precision/deflect blasters with her nightlight. I predict that will be traumatic...you might start thinking about how to break it to her gently. :)

Thats not something I thought of.  Hmm well we will have to discuss these types of items early on.

Ok,  weekend update.

My wife and I both felt run down.  Her being pregnant and still having school/work, and my work schedule lately has been mighty draining.

Also I spent the last 5 days prepping for a hurricane.  If you have never done that its stressful, add getting a power plant ready and boy o boy.

We were healthy productive adults through Saturday day.  We went to our birthing class, then we both said F it.  We suspended our check mark program till Monday, executive order and what not.

We ate junk food, and watch movies.  The weather was horrible (no hurricane, but tons of rain.) It may be the last weekend we are able to totally be bums.  So that is that.

I am back in the saddle and plan to have a great day.

I hope you do too.

• Like 1

Solid Monday, checks all around.

Built a bench/toy chest for the nursery.

Very productive day.

Sounds like the weekend break was a helpful choice in the long term! Glad to hear Monday was a good one. Hopefully you're out of hurricane danger at this point too.

• Like 1

Sounds like the break was necessary and jumping right back into the challenge when you said you would kept it a break and not a falling off the wagon. Awesome.

Glad you survived the almost hurricane! ;)

Funny yo share that link.  I sent that to my wife, and now we want one lol.

I have a remote control jeep, and it has become my dogs favorite toy to chase around.

The ball robot looks like it would be great toy.

We also got a "science toy" that allows you to grow a lightsaber crystal.

It was force Friday, which brought the release of all new star wars toys.

My wife wants a furbaca, a furby that looks and talks wookie.

Time for a recap.

First, thanks to everyone that followed along, it helps.  I find myself thinking about you guys during the day.  Like Nuala aiming to punish me for eating doughnuts, or Tink rooting me on as I solder a light saber together.  Or Dill telling me to do 5 more push ups, Tenaciousglee giving me words of wisdom, and EG giving me nice words.

My plan was to set for a set of mandatory minimums, the idea was to build them into habits so that even on super busy days I would have at least a acceptable minimum for fitness.

The good.

The idea of checking things off each day really was awesome.  I got into it, the phone app allows me to check them off as I go, and sends a reminder at 9pm to make sure I checked them off.

At 9 I would realize I missed something and go get it done before bed.

Most of them became second nature

The bad

I did very little extra, I really didn't go above and beyond on any of the fitness goals.

I blew them off a few times, just plain didn't want to do them and allowed myself not to.

The results

38 missed check marks

out of a total of 294

87% success.  Thats pretty damn good!

I am happy with that.

The future

Baby is due in 2 weeks, I got a promotion at work

So time will continue to be a issue for the for see able future.

Next challenge I want to stick with the same goals, and ask for help sticking with them.

I will ask you guys to help, by selecting punishments when I miss a check.

It will be a fun way to help me stick to it.

I hope everyone's challenge went well, and I look forward to our next one together.

• Like 1

Great job, KW!

I thought your daily minimum idea was brilliant, and I found myself recommending your challenge thread to a couple of people throughout the last six weeks as a really cool way to keep moving in the right direction.

You and your wife will be in my thoughts in the next couple of weeks.  It's a scary and exciting time and I have no doubt you guys are going to rock it!

• Like 1

Thanks dood, the Minimums idea has been working well for me.

I do want to get back some of my weights, but I wanted to set a solid foundation that can work when I am stretched thin.

Were stoked about our lil girl.  Super excited and a bit frightened, but hey survival instinct should keep me from screwing up to much right?

You seriously want us to select punishments? I've already started a list:

1. Hamstring stretches with locked knees. Any duration.
  2. Sing Katy Perry songs to the baby.
  3. Read an article on why (pick one: [broncos], [blazers], [Land Cruisers]) are better than Jeep

I'm sure you two are going to do great. Truly wishing you the best and hoping that everyone is happy and healthy over the next few weeks.

• Like 2

Ha ha.  Yeah the idea of punishments dished out by the community sounded like a good way to really decide if I wanted that doughnut. 

Figured singing/dancing/pushups/ etc would be what was picked.

The article thing is just evil. The kind of evil that will work.

• Like 1

No singing Katy Perry to the baby.  We have a responsibility to keep the next generation safe!

Now singing Katy Perry in the break room at work... that's a different story...

• Like 1