PeterParker's first 6 weeker

PeterParker

Into:  Hey guys I've been reading this site for a few months now and am quite addicted. Love it here!  It's about time I get my butt in gear and do a 6 week challenge already!  I love all things adventure... rock climbing, hiking, running, etc. Recently I've let myself go athletically, so to speak.  So for my first challenge I've got a few goals line up...

Main Quest: Get Stronger... measured by ability to do 50+ push-ups in one set.

Goals:

1) 6-8 hours a sleep a night. I stay up reading far too much. 

2) Do Beginner body weight workout, tailored to my level, 3-4 times a week. 

3) Bring my lunch to work and school every day.  Not bringing my lunch is what holds me back in terms of healthy eating. 

Side Quest:  Get rid of clutter in my place. I need a clean, open space to clear my mind and focus on my goals! 

Thanks for reading!  :onthego:

"With great power comes great responsibility"

My challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/69369-peterparkers-first-6-weeker/

Into:  Hey guys I've been reading this site for a few months now and am quite addicted. Love it here!  It's about time I get my butt in gear and do a 6 week challenge already!  I love all things adventure... rock climbing, hiking, running, etc. Recently I've let myself go athletically, so to speak.  So for my first challenge I've got a few goals line up...

Main Quest: Get Stronger... measured by ability to do 50+ push-ups in one set.

Goals:

2) Do Beginner body weight workout, tailored to my level, 3-4 times a week. 

3) Bring my lunch to work and school every day.  Not bringing my lunch is what holds me back in terms of healthy eating. 

Side Quest:  Get rid of clutter in my place. I need a clean, open space to clear my mind and focus on my goals! 

Thanks for reading!  :onthego:

Very solid goals!  Bringing your lunch is a great start to better eating.  The more you can control the better because we all know there are going to be times when the food options are NOT in our control and that makes it hard.  Do you have a plan for the lunches?  Like will you prep a bunch of meals on sunday so you have the food ready for the week?  

Since you also seem to be interested in the body weight workouts you might want to consider the Assassin Guild for your next challenge.  Assassins also like creative movements like rock climbing and parkour.  If you are interested, please take a look at some of these links...

The Assassin Guild Info & Announcements

The Assassins' Den guild chat thread

The Level 1 Assassin Initiates Q&A/Chat thread

If you want some good recipe ideas, maybe some quick lunches you can look in our Scullery (The Assassins' Scullery food chat)

Feel free to post an intro in the Assassin Den or ask any questions you may have.  I look forward to watching your challenge!

• Like 1

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"

Thanks 

Very solid goals!  Bringing your lunch is a great start to better eating.  The more you can control the better because we all know there are going to be times when the food options are NOT in our control and that makes it hard.  Do you have a plan for the lunches?  Like will you prep a bunch of meals on sunday so you have the food ready for the week?  

Since you also seem to be interested in the body weight workouts you might want to consider the Assassin Guild for your next challenge.  Assassins also like creative movements like rock climbing and parkour.  If you are interested, please take a look at some of these links...

The Assassin Guild Info & Announcements
The Assassins' Den guild chat thread
The Level 1 Assassin Initiates Q&A/Chat thread

If you want some good recipe ideas, maybe some quick lunches you can look in our Scullery (The Assassins' Scullery food chat)

Feel free to post an intro in the Assassin Den or ask any questions you may have.  I look forward to watching your challenge!

Thanks for all of the support and links Lightning! I'll have to drop a line in with the assassins guild.   I got through four rounds of the beginner workout, while upping the push-ups to 20 and adding in some ab work (15 leg lifts and 10 reverse crunches each round) with a 2.5 minute rest between rounds.  I really wanted to test myself, so after about 10 minutes rest I did push-ups to failure to see where I stand and hit 40. I didn't have anybody watching my form, so I'd guess it got dicey after 36 or so.  I may need to up my goal, hitting more than 50.  

As for the food, usually I grill a bunch or chicken and veggie, or steak and veggie Kabobs on Sundays and it lasts for most of the week. I've just been a little lethargic lately.  As for today I brought in a some leftover brisket and coleslaw, not the healthiest, but better than a burger a fries.  

So far so good with the challenge. Thanks for reading!   :onthego:

• Like 1

My challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/69369-peterparkers-first-6-weeker/

I hear you with the lunches. I have that problem at work. Not only is it often less healthy, but it gets expensive buying lunch every day....especially when you work in Manhattan. :P

I wish I had thought of decluttering as a life goal. My place looks like a tornado went through it. It's horrendous.

• Like 2

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."

My Challenge Thread

I hear you with the lunches. I have that problem at work. Not only is it often less healthy, but it gets expensive buying lunch every day....especially when you work in Manhattan. :tongue:

I wish I had thought of decluttering as a life goal. My place looks like a tornado went through it. It's horrendous.

I'm sure food prices are much more manageable in St. Louis, but I've already save a decent amount just this week!  Tuna salad and leftovers FTW!  It's never too late to declutter. I wouldn't hold it against you if you did it outside of the 6 week challenge.   :playful:   That's what my Sunday is dedicated to, then just maintaining the cleaner space for the next 5 weeks!  

As for my challenge:  I got my workout in this morning as Rxed, brought my lunch the last two days ( my own tuna salad recipe with celery, carrots, and a banana) and gotten at least 6 hours of sleep a night. Almost one week down! 

Thanks for reading!   :onthego:

Tuna salad with a banana? Tell us more! I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Love the lunch packing goal, that's something I have been trying to do myself, both to save money and to keep from eating fast food every day. 

Great start on your first challenge!

• Like 1

Lvl. 2 Ranger Assassin Shapeshifter

STR - 3 | DEX - 3 | STA - 7 | CON - 4 | WIS - 4 | CHA - 4

Current Challenge: Breaking Chains

(Really) Old Challenges 1 | 2 | 3

Tuna salad with a banana? Tell us more! I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Love the lunch packing goal, that's something I have been trying to do myself, both to save money and to keep from eating fast food every day. 

Great start on your first challenge!

Oh no, the banana is on the side hahaha! My lunch dessert.   I use the celery and carrots as a vehicle to get the T-Sal in my mouth. 

The recipe is as follows... I'm not big on specific measurements, just kinda throw things in a bowl and mix to taste... FYI i like spicy. 

2 cans of tuna, however your preference, shredded with 2 forks. 

2-4 spicy peppers diced or minced (I mix and match between jalapeno, habanero, or whatever I can get my mitts on)

A squeeze of harissa (I like the tubes, not the cans. Better for mulit-use.

1/4 large red onion diced or minced

1-2 hard boiled egg diced

1 avocado diced

roasted red pepper flakes to taste

aleppo pepper powder to taste

extra virgin olive oil to taste, so it's not too dry. 

Also if I've got it around some giardiniera for more texture, veg. and heat! 

This is me every night.  I'm going to have to borrow this one for my next challenge!

• Like 1

Keeley - Level 0 Recruit 

STR: 0     DEX: 0     STA: 0     CON: 0     WIS: 0     CHA: 0

current challenge

Walk 42 miles

16.25 of 42

38.7%
38.7%

Restaurant Meals

3 of 6 (or less)

50.0%
50.0%

Keeley, it's already helped tremendously.  I'm a big workout before work kind of guy and motivating myself to get out of bed early enough to get that done without enough sleep is quite arduous.  So far it's keeping me on track! Plus I'm relying less on coffee and caffeine in general, so that's a plus. 

Your tuna salad looks pretty tasty, and you are kicking butt with the BBWW.  

Great job!

• Like 1

Barbarian Assassin / Level 5

STR: 16.5 | DEX: 4.8 | STA: 8.9 | CON: 8.7 | WIS: 6.6 | CHA: 6.8

My Current Six Week Challenge - Jrosto - A Barbarian Cleans Up His Act

Previous Challenges - #1, #2, #3, #4

My NF Introduction Post : My MDA Journal : My MDA Phase 1 Success Story

Simple & Sinister Workout Log

Keep Calm and Send in the Penguins!

I'm trying out the BBWW for my first challenge, too :~) Your quest to do that many push-ups is awesome-- I'm impressed and I can't wait to hear about your success. 

(Also, I'm totally borrowing that tuna salad recipe.)

BBWW is the way to go!  Life happens, so at least we can get a workout in first.  Also the great thing about tuna is it's super budget friendly.   :rapture:

This weekend was a little rough. I fell off the wagon, or climbed back on the wagon. I don't know the phrase, but the wagon and I are not friends.   I didn't get sleep as Rxed on Friday (only about 5 hours), helped my brother move on Saturday, so took Sunday as a rest day. My healthy eating kind of went out the window. My brother paid me in the traditional pizza and beer for moving help, so that was a bit of a set back.  I then found out my mom is back in the hospital, so after spending time with her on Sunday I wanted something quick and easy... a PF Chang's frozen stir fry meal, not the best, but could have been worse. I tossed and turned a lot last night and couldn't fall asleep until about 1. This morning I missed my workout in order to fulfill sleep requirement, so I've got to get back on the horse right after work and make meals for lunches tonight!   Also after reading the article on the main blog about what to do on rest days, I'd like to start doing a hill workout on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday mornings. Week two and I'm getting back at it. 

Life does that do us sometimes. You do your best and move on which is exactly what you are doing. Catching up on sleep is more important than a scheduled workout. You can usually find a way to fit that workout in later but sleep is harder to "schedule".

The good news is that a healthy meal and a nice sweat will get you back on that wagon pretty quickly. I think you're doing great.

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"

Thanks Lightning!  I'm back on track.  Did 4 rounds of bodyweight workout as Rxed after work, changed the push-ups to 10 diamond and 10 regular per set.  Made chicken and veggie kabobs and steamed broccoli for my lunches. Got 7 hours of sleep and did a hill workout this morning... 10 times up at 80%, trotted down. It's not the longest hill, but pretty steep; enough to get my legs a little shaky by the end! 

• Like 1

Thanks.  Haven't posted in a while, but nothing new really. I've been sticking to the workouts every other day in the morning and hills on the opposite days, with Sunday to rest.  I've brought chicken and veggies with a half baked sweet potato for lunch every day. I'm thinking of doing another amrap push-up test this Friday. I'll post how it goes. 

• Like 1