Princess Heather's Thrown Off Her Groove

Heard baby's heartbeat yesterday for the first time... THIS IS NOT A DRILL, THERE IS A TINY PERSON INSIDE ME!

Mr. Princess may have teared up at the midwives office. I for some reason waited until we were at dinner in Red Robin to suddenly start bawling. Hormones are funny like that.

Also, lifted earlier this week. first time in awhile. It was fine, once I checked my ego and dropped the weights WAY down. I also needed a lot more assistance on the pullups, but that makes sense since I haven't trained in awhile and I am now trying to pull up 10 lbs lbs of me.

This weekend I'm going to a ladies retreat thingy, so I should be doing quite a bit of yoga and hiking. And tonight is a long training session with Meg. I'm already tired thinking about it.

• Like 2

Tiny person!!  So excite. 

Women's retreat sounds lovely - have all the fun! 

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

so many good things!~ heartbeats! red robin! lifting! yoga! hiking!

i love when pregnant women get on with their lives as normally and active as possible. i think it's an admiration thing, so go you :D

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

you disney gif game is on point.

sleeping, on the other hand, seems to not be :( go to sleep!

Instagram | pinterest

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

This. 

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost

This. 

Oh, that was meant to represent how I've been feeling DESPITE sleeping close to 9 hours a night and taking naps.

But, thankfully, I've woken up feeling very peppy the past two mornings, so maybe I'm starting to turn a corner with that. For "most" people, from this point until the 3rd trimester, I should be feeling pretty good/normal-ish, so maybe? Also, I ate a bunch of baby carrots last night without gagging or hating life, so I'm certainly making progress.

Meg says hi... and also, was very concerned that our clean laundry didn't have ANY fur on it!

20150825_082334_zpsfgqrjywy.jpg

• Like 1

Week 4/5 Recap:

Goal #1 Bring it OnExercise 3/3

I've been doing twice weekly training sessions with Meg. I did a ncie hike during my ladies retreat, and I've been getting a lot more chores done at my house. Missed yoga and lifting both weeks, but I've been fairly active all things considered.

Goal #2 I've Never Liked Your Spinach Puffs Check!

Continuing with fruit smoothies with greens powder, getting in my prenatals and getting in more veggies, including a nice big batch of french onion soup. So simple, and made with my homemade bone broth. It's become autumn here in AK really fast, so warm soups are going to become a big staple around here. It's time for me to made my favorite garlic soup... mmmmmm.

Goal #3 Lady With a Baby Coming Through Check!

Trying to patiently wait for my ultrasound in a couple weeks. I have several people, including my mother, who are convinced I'm carrying twins, and so I'm excited to (most likely) put that to rest with an official ultrasound. Midwife says my measurements are not consistent with carrying multiples, and they did not hear separate heartbeats during the last visit, but this is the first imaging that will be done so i guess its *possible* that she's wrong. I doubt it though. Been working on some blog posts to be published and pregnancy things, so I've done that part of this goal.

In other news, I've been having really hit or miss sleep. I'm still pretty sure I like our new mattress, but I've having some super vivid WEIRD dreams, and ending up in that weird restless semi-conscious state where I'm pretty sure my eyes are open and I'm seeing my bedroom but I'm also still dreaming about whatever I was dreaming (zombies, creepy surgeries, etc). And when I do wake up all the way, I have to get up to pee. I'm not sure what to really do about any of that.

Nice! Sounds like things are going well... sleep and crazy ass dreams aside.  I wish I could help there! 

Week 6/Challenge Recap

Goal #1 Bring it OnExercise 3/3

Another busy week where most of my activity centered around Meg training... which was well worth it because she passed her Family Obedience trial!

FB_IMG_1441645263579_zpsfbware2l.jpg

Goal #2 I've Never Liked Your Spinach Puffs Check!

Another good week, including fruit/greens smoothies, homemade onion soup with bone broth, and homemade veggie packed jambalaya.

Goal #3 Lady With a Baby Coming Through Check!

Seem to have turned a real corner on the morning sickness/nausea thing. Feeling so much better. It's now more of a battle of getting back into good habits with food after taking a break and eating anything that actually somehow sounded appetizing. Still fairly tired, but I'm not being too hard on myself when I don't feel up to getting much done. We have our first and possibly only ultrasound appointment this Friday, so I'm nervous and excited to see what all they have to say... I have quite a few people, including my mom and bestie, who are convinced its twins. I'm not sure how I'd feel about that.

Plan is to continue with hopefully weekly blog posts about adventures in pregnancy, but honestly, I feel a little silly doing these challenges when obviously all my goals will be for the next few months will be to attempt some minimum standard of activity and healthy eating and sleep.

Congrats on a great challenge, and good luck with the upcoming doctor's appointment! I think focusing on the basics provides a great foundation for your next challenges :). Sometimes those habits are the hardest to maintain during times of change!

Meg looks likes she's prepared for the new arrival :).

-:- THE LIONESS -:-

Challenge 2.1, 2.2, 2.3

Supple Lioness Mobility

Congrats on the great challenge and getting Meg all trained up!   I agree with Alanna.  But, you could always pull a Squatcake and hang out in your battle log talking about life and mini goals and stuff.  Just don't disappear like Squatcake.  I will not abide more disappearances (you know, until baby is born...then, I hold you to nothing ;))

• Like 1

Agreed with the other nerdettes! I don't think it's silly to have these challenges if it's helping you stay on a track you like :)

Instagram | pinterest