So I am a new member here at the nerd rebellion and have just started to do the beginner body weight workout every other day with a light cardio day between to keep myself active and on track. (I'm a student, I have a lot of free time).

Currently I have really bad DOMS in my legs and arms, I have tried ice baths/ice packs and heating pads (hot/cold alternating every 10 mins) to relieve some of the symptoms and speed my recovery.

Just curious if there are any other ways to help relieve DOMS other than those two methods??? 

Assassin with ranger tendencies--I wanna be able to survive any type of apocalypse and be the hero of my own story.

(She/her pronouns)

DOMS is worst when you've just done something your body's not used to. After you've been doing a new workout routinely for a few weeks, it usually fades a bit. As long as it's a constant ache-y thing, not a sudden sharp stabby thing, you should be fine. Just don't wait until you're totally free of soreness to work out again, or you're likely to find yourself in a perpetual state of soreness.

• Like 2

balance in mind ... body in motion ... making inertia my bitch

Lv.2 warmonkey | 2 STR, 3 STA, 3 DEX, 5 CON, 4 WIS, 2 CHA

Challenges: Current | Previous

Try to get your hands on a foam roller. Roll before you workout, roll after you workout, roll on a house, roll with a mouse, roll on a box roll with a fox, JUST ROLL. 

It hurts like a mofo at first, I make the most painful eeeek pain faces when I do, but afterwards it feels SO much better. 

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both