Free yourself from habits staid

Run, walk, jump, dance,

Fight with sharpened blade.

A body reflects how we dine

Whether mutton or breads,

Sweet grasses, water, mead

Or glowing elven wine.

If a Halfling’s body you do seek

Then with Halfling’s pride you must eat.

"Hafling's pride Halfling's Pride... Do you think it refers to a specific food?  my favorite food?  A food that Dorashire trades in?" Noor paced  the length of her cabin thinking. She knew that she had a fingerhold on some of the strings. Since vanquishing the fey and  freeing Sovellis' mind,  Noor had felt  like her old self inside.  It was time to make  her body match her soul. She tugged the strings of magic through her fingers like yarn, tying and untying them as she moved. She spread her toes and stretched her arches,  luxuriating in the feel of her bare feet no longer clad in magical stone. She knew that she was almost to a breakthrough,  she cloud practically taste it. 

@--,--'--

What I have learned so far is that in order to properly balance my life, I need to  make smaller goals that are easier to achieve.  I am prone to pushing my body in ways that it doesn't want  to be pushed.That never works, it always just leads to injury, pain, and  unachieved goals. So I am going to take a page from Noor and model my goals after the rhyme that she has almost solved.  I think this challenge might be a big one for Noor's  curse breaking and for my own milestones. 

1) To and Fro:  one of the things that Noor takes for granted is her ability to walk anywhere.  I used to be able to walk  anywhere too- Chicago is all about walking too and this is the time of year that is best for walking. Since the last challenge, I have gained back some of my ability to walk, or at least my memory of how good it can be to move and  to get places under my own power.  My goal for this challenge is to walk for 40 minutes 3 or more times a week. At the half way point, if I am successful, I will add a 4th day.

+3 STA 16 or more workouts completed +2 STA14 or more workouts completed +1 STA 12 or more workouts completed

2) Springy is What Halflings Do: I need to get more mobility and flexibility. Adding yoga last challenge helped somewhat but I am stiff and sore a lot of the time now that I am moving more.  Starting work next week is only going to make me more stiff due to long hours of sitting. I am going to make 90 minutes of stretching a week a goal for this challenge. That's 5 - 10 minutes 5 days a week and a yoga class on the weekend. 

+3 DEX 482 or more minutes of Stretching +2 DEX 432 or more minutes of Stretching +1 DEX 378 or more minutes of Stretching

3) What Halflings Eat: I have to track my food religiously.  I have never lost weight in my life without doing this.  Plus it will help me maintain paleo eating and help me stay mindful of food. Food is one of my pillars of health.  I love cooking, I love eating, I love sharing food with others. In order to make this pillar a healthy one, I need to remember why I love food and stop looking at it as a chore. 

+3 CON 38 or more days tracked +2 CON 28 days or more tracked +1 CON 14 days or more tracked

LIFE GOALS

4) To simulate Noor's magical studies, I am going to take on  studying  money management.  I am  not trying to become an accountant or anything, but I want to have a better understanding of  financial planning and  I want to get my own financial ducks in a row. In order to do this I am going to complete the following objectives:

a. Call Vanguard and  get instructions on how to reactivate my online account so that I can get access to my retirement fund. 

b. Order all 3 credit reports so I can see where I stand and begin to clean up my credit

c. Read one article from Money Magazine weekly

d. Reread The Money Book for the Young Fabulous and Broke over the course of the 6 weeks.

Each completed objective is  +1 WIS

LONG TERM GOAL

I lost  8 pounds last month! I also found out that my thyroid meds were still too low, so hopefully I will be able to do even better with this challenge. In order for Noor to crack her spell and  get smaller, I need to lose some more of this 200 Lbs,  so I am  focusing on reduction until I hit my first major milestone of 50 Lbs. Only 48 more pounds to go. 

(one) (two) (three) (four) (five) (six)

• Like 4

Noor scuttled through the forest moving rapidly from clearing to glen. The basket over her arm hung heavy with nuts, berries and greenery and her day was just begun. Now that Sovellis was well enough to go to the village and trade some of the  pelts she had  been saving for supplies, she was going to be able to really delve into spell work and improve her cookery too. She planned to start by  doing her best to recreate dishes from her childhood to try and see if the Stanza was literally talking about eating halfling foods. As she moved down the path she noted the  burbling sound of  a  small stream and  changed course.  Maybe she would find watercress! It was a lovely day to be alive. 

In her excitement, she failed to notice that her head didn't quite  touch the  canopy anymore; sometimes, for the first time in a long time,  Noor VonKlaven was short enough to walk in the forest's shade. 

--;--'--@

This week has been busy and frazzling.  I  got set up for my internship which officially starts Monday, and finished the last of my charts for the externship as well as training the new extern.  I am really excited to begin a new chapter and I feel really focused.  Mostly I have been  really  pushing the food tracking because I have so many opportunities to cheat on the road. I have been good and proper and logged everything. I have not been good about my workouts due to all the running about. I have plenty of time to make it up this weekend though and I plan to do the Starship Nerdprise proud by supporting the med bay with  lots of mobility work!

I got a cool new gadget in the mail today as well, lets me turn squash into long strands like pasta.  I am making red sauce to celebrate!

Getting my workouts in will get much easier next week as I will have access to the free Gym at Edward Hospital. What a great  Internship perk! I am So excited I could just dance. 

• Like 3

Week one Flew by!  I am now officially starting training for my internship and its a total whirlwind of new.  I have to keep myself focused and  doing my stretching because  I will be sitting on my butt for 8 hour days all next week.  So here are my results:

To and Fro 3/18

16.6%
16.6%

Springy 90/540

16.6%
16.6%

Food 7/42

16.6%
16.6%

Life Goals: No objectives completed yet! Training and  chart completion and  appointments have eaten all my time. 

LONG TERM GOAL: no weight loss this week but no  gains either.  I  need to  clean up my eating more and make sure that  I am keeping to the  plan of Primal eating. I really want to lose this weight!  Upside, my new thyroid meds will likely up my metabolism a bit and hopefully that will spur weight loss. 

• Like 2

Noor's brain felt as cooked as her stew. She had been pouring over her books all day, listening to the words of past mentors pontificating on topics of interest in her mind's ear while she tried to remember every scrap of fey lore she knew. The sun was setting and the soup was done. Noor rubbed her eyes for the 800th time in 20 minutes; something about reading by candlelight always made them dry. The dog's tail thumped against her foot, accompanied by a soft exploring whine. "Time to stop reading and start eating hmm.?" She stood, stretched, and crossed to the stewpot. She was almost too tired to be hungry. Almost.

--,--'--@

Today was the first day of internship training. I am too tired to think. Looks like I will be getting up at 5 am to make things work with exercise and commuting. This week is for hitting all my workout goals and keeping myself honest food wise. The food was provided today and quite lousy. Bread heavy sandwiches and carby chips. I will bring my own for tomorrow. Still feeling really positive.

• Like 3

Here for your challenge Noor! Sorry I'm late :) Congrats on the weight loss!!!! 

Bread heavy sandwiches and carby chips. I will bring my own for tomorrow. Still feeling really positive.

Love that you are taking action and finding a solution! Also so so wonderful to hear you're feeling really positive! You got this!

Week one Flew by!  I am now officially starting training for my internship and its a total whirlwind of new. 

I am starting an internship in a few weeks - I feel the new! 

I plan to KEEP DOING ALL THE THINGS.  Luck to us both!

• Like 1

OMG you guys  so BUSY!  The mental work of starting internship and dealing with the fallout of the last one is making it hard to post.  I never have the energy to properly tell Noor's story. I feel like she is stagnating while my routine builds. 

To and Fro 3/18

16.6%
16.6%

Springy 120/540

22%
22%

Food 14/42

33%
33%

Life Goals: No objectives completed yet! Grrs I have to bring  the Vangaurd stuff to work with me. 

LONG TERM GOAL: Lost another 3 pounds this week! I am feeling really positive about this  eating plan.  I decided that since I want to maximize weight loss before my birthday in september,  I would  start a modified whole 30 this weekend. Basically, we  follow hte whole 30 but keep organic full fat dairy since neither of us are lactose intolerant and I hate black coffee. 

• Like 3

Noor will wait until you have the mental (and physical!) energy to address her properly. :)

Nice weight loss. You're making big strides forward in overall life goals! Go you! 

• Like 3

Noor will wait until you have the mental (and physical!) energy to address her properly. :)

Nice weight loss. You're making big strides forward in overall life goals! Go you! 

You are rocking this shit so far! Esp with the difficult transition of starting internship and everything, you're a damn super star!

What they said, Noor's written journey can wait, sounds like you're doing well under all the pressure!! Congrats

• Like 1

HI folks! if anyone is still following this, I wanted to check in and let you all know that I am back and  ready for the next challenge.  I really lost track of this site and of my personal quest to shrink this giant back into a halfling. Turns out  adjusting to a 40 hour work week and  a 35 mile  daily commute through traffic is a big adjustment!  Now, I am in month two and I have my sleep cycle down and my commute  under control and  most of my workflow making sense.  Now that my energy is rising, I want to get back to focusing on living healthier. I set up my new post and Sovellis and I have made a plan to help keep on track and accountable. Now I just have ot go out questing and  take action instead of planning all the time.  I am really really good at planning. I suck at doing.  

So if you want to follow along, here you go:

Questing is What Halflings Do

• Like 2