Razzy Fights Dietary Temptations

Razzy

Basically, as of 3 days ago, I'm focusing on eating purely as clean as can be. The exceptions: Coffee and the 8 squares of 72% cacao chocolate I have, the latter of which will be reserved for emergency situations and the former which is necessary to not murder-knife everyone in the morning. (Though halfway through I may try to resort back to tea.) I'm going pretty much Paleo, with the exceptions for dairy.

So, I'll do this by posting my foodly struggles and posting consumption logs! Anything I SHOULDN'T eat will be underlined. Also expect food pics and recipes as I find them.  I will probably be posting workout updates as well, in an attempt to keep my workout challenging with pretty much zero equipment. Here we go!

Saturday's Log:

Breakfast:

2 jumbo eggs

Triple Zero yogurt

4 strawberries

coffee (with milk and 3 tsp of creamer)

Lunch:

Banana

Dinner:

chicken teriyaki from an excellent Japanese resturant run by Koreans. Breathe in the irony. Chicken is set on a bed of shredded brassica.

less than 1 cup of white rice

miso soup

8 DELICOUS sushi noms. I could live off of sushi. And spinach pie.

During D&D

Small avocado

1 clementine

1 tsp of peanut butter

Sunday's Log:

Breakfast:

1/2 pink grapefruit (yeck! ick! ptoo!)

coffee

Lunch:

small avocado (I eat them raw with a sprinkle of salt.)

leftover chicken teri

Dinner: Okay, so, I have a huge garden this year. Due to some events I'd rather not get into, I was unable to attend to it for about a week. In that time, my zucchini plants produced some genuine monster-sized squash. I whipped up a stuffing to put in 2 of them and baked them.

About 2/5 of a giant stuffed zuc. I was hungry.

Here's a picture!

small corn on the cob

Michelob's Ultra Lite Hard Cider (highly recommended)

After:

DQ lite pina colada smoothie -- tasty, but it IS 98% ice. Got this because family drama drove me out of the house for several hours.

20 almonds

4 brazil nuts

a few stray peanuts

Lemme tell ya, I love my veggies but they really don't stick with you. :( Now I understand the 6 meals a day thing. You get hungry again in a few hours!

Okay, so you get the general idea. Stick around for daily updates and occasional nuttiness.

This thread is subject to terminate without warning if heckling reaches discomfiting levels.

• Like 1

Battle Log
Challenge Log
I made a mistake.

Also, just to keep my battle and challenge threads on even keel, here's my old workout:

Workout:

• 15 jump squats (10lbs) x 3
  • 8 Judo Pushups x 3
  • 20 single leg straight-leg deadlifts (25lbs) x 3 10 per leg
  • 5 flat-foot pullups x 3
  • 15 shove-offs (ledge is 32in high) x 3
  • 15 Hip-Ups x 3
  • 15 Reverse Crunch (5lbs) x 3
  • 7 hanging leg raise  x 3

BIKE TIME: 15 MIN

And here's my new:

Workout:

• 15lb Jump Squats x 3
  • Explosive OR Judo puhsups x3
  • 30lb single straight leg deadlift x 3
  • 6 Pullups
  • 10lb Single Arm Extension (Don't know an official name... my fiance show it to me. Basically, holding a weight in hand, pushing it away from your chest while rotating your hand, like throwing a proper punch. It SERIOUSLY hits the triceps. I couldn't even do it with a 15lb weight, so I'll start with 10's and move up.)
  • 10lb Reverse Crunch/Air Plunge
  • T-Stabilization
  • Straight-leg Hanging leg raise

I'm not sure at all if it'll be enough, but I'm poor and can't afford equipment or gyms (at least, not the ones I've found so far.) If you guys got any ideas, give a shout.

Battle Log
Challenge Log
I made a mistake.

Seriously impressive workouts! What are judo pushups? I've never tried the lite version of hard cider. i should try it. I love Cider so much, but the carb count is so high. 

I'm a ambassador for the assassins. With all your awesome BW workout stuff, I think you would fit right in with our crazy guild, next challenge. Here  are some links you can check out and see what we're up to:

he Assassin Guild Info & Announcements

The Assassins' Den guild chat thread

The Level 1 Assassin Initiates Q&A/Chat thread

:

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

First thing's first!

Workout yesterday was fairly good. It was harder but.... well, not as hard as I wanted it to be. :( I'll take another look at my books and see what I can come up with. Sigh, I just want to level up and it's proving far harder than I'd like.

Monday Consumption Log:

Breakfast:

2 jumbo eggs

Lite and Fit yogurt

lots'o strawberries

coffee

Lunch:

banana

Dinner:

stuffed zuchinni

salad (with homegrown lettuce) and 2 peperoncini, 2 olives and feta

AFTER:

Lite and Fit yogurt (had a craving and it really hit the spot, I think it was a protein hunger)

2 Lil Dutch Maid ginger snaps sandwhiching 1tsp of peanut butter My fiance was making a snack and he practically shoved it in my mouth. The handsome sneaker.

Mixed nuts, about 1/2 cup. Agan, protein craving I think.

So far I can see, I gotta cut down on calories. I think I'm consuming too much. :\

You'd better set some parameters. How much can I heckle you before you're discomfited?

Joshing is allowed, along with some leg pulling, but a combination of sarcasm and condescending remarks are right out! You'll know the limit is being reached when I stop posting funny pictures.

ostrich+1.jpg

Break the rules and my attack ostrich will FIND YOU.

Seriously impressive workouts! What are judo pushups? I've never tried the lite version of hard cider. i should try it. I love Cider so much, but the carb count is so high. 

I'm a ambassador for the assassins. With all your awesome BW workout stuff, I think you would fit right in with our crazy guild, next challenge. Here  are some links you can check out and see what we're up to:

he Assassin Guild Info & Announcements

The Assassins' Den guild chat thread

The Level 1 Assassin Initiates Q&A/Chat thread

:

525146_cba95afee0b11f715221ad4d64bbe377_

Awww shucks, you smoother talker you!

I've always wanted to be an assassin! My guild of choice, right there. I mean, check out my avatar, it's Thane for a reason. I think I shall join right now! I mean, heck, if a recruiter approached me, I gotta be doing something right!

.... unless this is all a horrible, horrible lie to get more people to join your ranks for the eventual conquest of all the other guilds, in which case I feel heinously abused.

But I'll get over it.

I look good in black. ^_^

Here's a picture of Judo Pushups:

tumblr_m06yh0HDPa1qduh58o1_500.jpg

Then you reverse the motion back up and do it again. Basically, it's 2 pushups in 1 motion. Trust me, they suck, I recommend them. They're also called Dive Bombers or sometimes Hindu Pushups.

I feel ya on the hard cider thing, but the Michelob's has only 10 carbs, 6 of which is the sugar found in apples. So it's a darn good deal to me! Nothing quite like a cold cider after a hot day in the garden. And it has that crisp apple taste.

I'm finishing a CiderBoys right now. It's like drinking a lollipop. I'll look for the michelob.

Yeah, the other ciders, even Strongbow, has a metric lolton of sugar in it. That's why when I saw the Michelob, I jumped on it! Not that expensive either, at Kroger it was something like 7.56

• Like 1

Battle Log
Challenge Log
I made a mistake.

First thing's first!

Workout yesterday was fairly good. It was harder but.... well, not as hard as I wanted it to be. :( I'll take another look at my books and see what I can come up with. Sigh, I just want to level up and it's proving far harder than I'd like.

Monday Consumption Log:

Breakfast:

2 jumbo eggs

Lite and Fit yogurt

lots'o strawberries

coffee

Lunch:

banana

Dinner:

stuffed zuchinni

salad (with homegrown lettuce) and 2 peperoncini, 2 olives and feta

AFTER:

Lite and Fit yogurt (had a craving and it really hit the spot, I think it was a protein hunger)

2 Lil Dutch Maid ginger snaps sandwhiching 1tsp of peanut butter My fiance was making a snack and he practically shoved it in my mouth. The handsome sneaker.

Mixed nuts, about 1/2 cup. Agan, protein craving I think.

So far I can see, I gotta cut down on calories. I think I'm consuming too much. :\

Joshing is allowed, along with some leg pulling, but a combination of sarcasm and condescending remarks are right out! You'll know the limit is being reached when I stop posting funny pictures.

ostrich+1.jpg

Break the rules and my attack ostrich will FIND YOU.

525146_cba95afee0b11f715221ad4d64bbe377_

Awww shucks, you smoother talker you!

I

.... unless this is all a horrible, horrible lie to get more people to join your ranks for the eventual conquest of all the other guilds, in which case I feel heinously abused.

But I'll get over it.

I look good in black. ^_^

Here's a picture of Judo Pushups:

Then you reverse the motion back up and do it again. Basically, it's 2 pushups in 1 motion. Trust me, they suck, I recommend them. They're also called Dive Bombers or sometimes Hindu Pushups.

I feel ya on the hard cider thing, but the Michelob's has only 10 carbs, 6 of which is the sugar found in apples. So it's a darn good deal to me! Nothing quite like a cold cider after a hot day in the garden. And it has that crisp apple taste.

Yeah, the other ciders, even Strongbow, has a metric lolton of sugar in it. That's why when I saw the Michelob, I jumped on it! Not that expensive either, at Kroger it was something like 7.56

Would that be bad if my ultimate purpose was the conquest of all the guilds? Not that I'm admitting anything, just asking. ;)

I've  done those, called them dive bombers. I actually weirdly like them Sort of like a downdog, cobra, pushup all in one combo move. There was a crazy PVP when I did tons of those suckers.

Are you sure your eating too many calories? Your food doesn't really look like that much to me. And your workouts are pretty intense. Though you said they were too easy, which made me laugh, more signs of your innate assassin qualities

• Like 1

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Would that be bad if my ultimate purpose was the conquest of all the guilds? Not that I'm admitting anything, just asking. ;)

I've  done those, called them dive bombers. I actually weirdly like them Sort of like a downdog, cobra, pushup all in one combo move. There was a crazy PVP when I did tons of those suckers.

Are you sure your eating too many calories? Your food doesn't really look like that much to me. And your workouts are pretty intense. Though you said they were too easy, which made me laugh, more signs of your innate assassin qualities

No no noooooo, not at all. I wouldn't mind, since I technically signed up with the assassins right now so I'd be on the winning side.

Not that there's actually gonna be a war or anything. ;)

I weirdly like those pushups too, but I can only do about 8 in an single go. Since I couldn't seem to do more than that, I figured I'd switch to Explosive pushups and see if I couldn't get more strength out of it. Not sure what else to do. :P Doing tons of those in a PVP makes me want to cry just thinking about it. By the last circuit, I'm verbally flogging myself on to finish the set!

As to calories, um.... I think so? I'm not losing any weight, at least. (even though I want to get stronger, I know, I know, still I'm terribly self-conscious.) The only reason i can see is food being the cause. I don't know what else would be causing that.

LEL, I suppose my workouts are not beginner friendly, but when you look at how far I have to go to doing flags and the like, I'm a laughing fit away from getting that done. Those are what I really want to do. That and effortless handstands, but I need to find a wall to balance on that doesn't meet a plushy carpet. But hey, if you say I'm in the clear for the Assassins, sign me up!

Battle Log
Challenge Log
I made a mistake.

No no noooooo, not at all. I wouldn't mind, since I technically signed up with the assassins right now so I'd be on the winning side.

Not that there's actually gonna be a war or anything. ;)

I weirdly like those pushups too, but I can only do about 8 in an single go. Since I couldn't seem to do more than that, I figured I'd switch to Explosive pushups and see if I couldn't get more strength out of it. Not sure what else to do. :tongue: Doing tons of those in a PVP makes me want to cry just thinking about it. By the last circuit, I'm verbally flogging myself on to finish the set!

As to calories, um.... I think so? I'm not losing any weight, at least. (even though I want to get stronger, I know, I know, still I'm terribly self-conscious.) The only reason i can see is food being the cause. I don't know what else would be causing that.

LEL, I suppose my workouts are not beginner friendly, but when you look at how far I have to go to doing flags and the like, I'm a laughing fit away from getting that done. Those are what I really want to do. That and effortless handstands, but I need to find a wall to balance on that doesn't meet a plushy carpet. But hey, if you say I'm in the clear for the Assassins, sign me up!

I think when I did them it was only 8 in a set, but I did them throughout the day. And the way the PVP was set up, I got tons of points for doing them. Fun, in a torture sort of way.

Don't you wish there was a magic pill to take to make all the changes happen now :D

Can't quite sign you up for assassins yet, you have to graduate from the recruit level first :)

Calories and trying to lose weight and gain strength... Yeah, I'm there, I struggle too. I'd really still like to lose a bit of weight, but I decided more than that I wanted to get stronger, and decided to go for it and up my calories to about 100 over maintenance. Some people say you can lose weight and gain strength at the same time, others say no way. I did fine for a while, but then I hit a brick wall with my strength. I have gained a bit of weight, but my clothes still fit, and I've finally made some strength gains.

• Like 1

Tuesday Log:

Breakfast:

light and fit yogurt (because I'm addicted to the flavor)

maybe half a cup of unstuffed pepper soup

Lunch:

some stuffed zuc

Dinner:

BLT's! (with onion, so techinically they are BOLTs) I used lettuce for bread so really, I had 4 strips of bacon and 4 mini BOLTs.

1.5 cups of unstuffed pepper soup

Michelob's light cider

small orange

AFTER:

22 almonds

too much peanut butter

My challenge is....shaky. Always in the evening I can't seem to resist peanut butter. But no more! *pounds fist on table* Today will be a day of change!

tumblr_mf8uq9XzEu1qb4p3ko2_500.gif

I think when I did them it was only 8 in a set, but I did them throughout the day. And the way the PVP was set up, I got tons of points for doing them. Fun, in a torture sort of way.

Don't you wish there was a magic pill to take to make all the changes happen now :D

Can't quite sign you up for assassins yet, you have to graduate from the recruit level first :)

Calories and trying to lose weight and gain strength... Yeah, I'm there, I struggle too. I'd really still like to lose a bit of weight, but I decided more than that I wanted to get stronger, and decided to go for it and up my calories to about 100 over maintenance. Some people say you can lose weight and gain strength at the same time, others say no way. I did fine for a while, but then I hit a brick wall with my strength. I have gained a bit of weight, but my clothes still fit, and I've finally made some strength gains.

You did them throughout the day? *shudders* Ye gads, you masochist.

I do wish for a magic pill. I really do. :(

Well, consider me in line for assassinhood. (Hey, do I get a super neat hood if I become an assassin? Like in AC? What about a super spiffy sweatband?)

ARG, stories like yours frustrate me sometimes xD. I'd love to just forget about the fat issue and move on to strength gains, I'm just poor and basically have no money to spare, not even for PVC pipe and cement mix. My family is really struggling financially. So I scrape by with what I can do in bodyweight and work for what I CAN (hopefully) get some progress on: weight. It's frustrating. And I certainly don't feel like I'm at a calorie deficit. But I also feel I've hit a brick wall in regards to strength gain.

It's super frustrating, because I have no idea where to turn. *sigh*

Battle Log
Challenge Log
I made a mistake.

Razzy has a challenge thread now? YAAAAY!

Yes! I do! Yaaaay! *happy bounces*

Okay, before I forget, lemme post:

Wednesday Log:

Breakfast:

2 jumbo eggs

light and fit yogurt

22 raspberries (what.... don't look at me like that!)

coffee

Lunch:

small avocado

15 green grapes

Dinner:

Big salad! With spinach and home lettuce! NOMS!

Salad includes:

1 dolmata

6 olives (cuz I had 2 salads)

feta cheese

Some unstuffed pepper soup

and one Lettuce BOLT (it was a little bit of everything last night, due to uneven leftovers.)

My zucchini have powdery mildew REAL bad. It sucks. Badly. :(

Battle Log
Challenge Log
I made a mistake.

22 raspberries (what.... don't look at me like that!)

0.jpg

So... now I have an image of you lining up your berries like little toy soldiers into a legion, then eating them 1 by 1, so you know how many you ate lol

• Like 2

Current Challenge: Installing, Please Wait

Last Challenge :NW13 - System Failure, Please Reboot

Previous Challenges: 22 21 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Thursday Log:

Breakfast:

Last of the stuffed Zucchini

light and fit yogurt

coffee

Lunch:

orange

Dinner:

mild italian sausage

corn on the cob

LOTS of ucchini, yellow squash and pepper stirfry (all from the garden!) with onion (not from the garden, they aren't ready to harvest yet.)

AFTER: (nearly always have an after, because that vegetable stirfry doesn't stick to your ribs)

1/2 small avocado

4 strawberries

coffee

Battle Log
Challenge Log
I made a mistake.

0.jpg

So... now I have an image of you lining up your berries like little toy soldiers into a legion, then eating them 1 by 1, so you know how many you ate lol

Pfffft, LOL

I should start doing that, actually! But nah, how I do it is I just count them as I eat, then immediately write it down. I have an itty bitty log book I carry around and keep on me so I can record exactly what I eat. It's very useful.

My fiance has recently started feeling distraught about his weight, so I bought him a similar little pocket book. Yesterday, he said with some surprise that he had eaten a LOT of candy while at work. Apparently, one of the ladies at the office sets out a big bowl of candy for everyone and whenever he walks by, he grabs a piece. He thought he only had 3 pieces, but it turns out he had 9! So those little books are very useful, I highly recommend them.

nom, I love raspberries. Even better with chocolate :)

I know, right? But if you put the two together....

things-that-blew-your-mind-when-you-were

Thus my addiction to Raspberry Chocolate yogurt!

k2-_f6dfba86-bba2-4259-9489-9c24e2eed52d

Best part: 7 grams of sugar. The same in the Triple Zero, which has no added sugar/sweeteners, so it's basically the sugar naturally present in milk.

You're welcome.

• Like 1

Battle Log
Challenge Log
I made a mistake.

I screwed up.

I'm not even going to bother posting food logs. All you need to know is, I failed.

Yesterday, it was Chinese take out. Not TOO bad, because I always get vegetable-rich stuff. But today, it was cake and ice cream, after enduring 10 minutes of non-stop heckling, I finally caved. And with me, it's a slippery slope. When I got home, I craved it so bad, I ate some more ice cream at 11:00. I don't know why I just... I just couldn't stop myself! SHIT!

I freaking failed.

*sigh* All I can do is stick on the straight and narrow start Monday. Dammit!

And I was getting results too! Stupid, oppressive, non-supportive family!

Battle Log
Challenge Log
I made a mistake.

I screwed up.

I'm not even going to bother posting food logs. All you need to know is, I failed.

Yesterday, it was Chinese take out. Not TOO bad, because I always get vegetable-rich stuff. But today, it was cake and ice cream, after enduring 10 minutes of non-stop heckling, I finally caved. And with me, it's a slippery slope. When I got home, I craved it so bad, I ate some more ice cream at 11:00. I don't know why I just... I just couldn't stop myself! SHIT!

I freaking failed.

*sigh* All I can do is stick on the straight and narrow start Monday. Dammit!

And I was getting results too! Stupid, oppressive, non-supportive family!

Sorry, that's tough.  One day won't destroy your goals.But tomorrow is a new day

• Like 1

Sorry, that's tough.  One day won't destroy your goals.But tomorrow is a new day

Indeed it is! And thus my workout:

Workout:

• 15lb Jump Squats x 3
  • Explosive OR Judo puhsups x3
  • 30lb single straight leg deadlift x 3
  • 6 Pullups
  • 10lb Single Arm Extension (Don't know an official name... my fiance show it to me. Basically, holding a weight in hand, pushing it away from your chest while rotating your hand, like throwing a proper punch. It SERIOUSLY hits the triceps. I couldn't even do it with a 15lb weight, so I'll start with 10's and move up.)
  • 10lb Reverse Crunch/Air Plunge
  • T-Stabilization
  • Straight-leg Hanging leg raise

Reps are changing every other workout (mostly going up) so I haven't posted them yet.

Consumption Log:

Breakfast:

3 jumbo eggs

light and fit yogurt

3 strawberries

coffee

Lunch (post-workout):

Banana

grape (red)

(yes yes I know, my lunch is non existent, but if I eat a lunch, I'm not even a little hungry for dinner.)

Dinner:

grilled veggie leftovers (to whit, some zucchini spears, onion, mushrooms, red and green pepper, and some 1/2 of a sweet potato sprinkled with cinnamon and cloves. MY FAVORITE MEAL EVER)

1/2 of an italian sausage

a little bit of corned beef (I made dinner tonight, but ate leftovers, because we needed the space :/)

12 baby carrots

coffee

Dessert:

about a dozen red grapes

• Like 1

Battle Log
Challenge Log
I made a mistake.

Log:

Breakfast:

2 jumbo eggs (both double yolkers!)

some zucchini/pepper/onion stirfry NOM

coffee

Lunch: (after biking)

small avocado

1/4 grilled sweet potato (SO GOOD)

Dinner:

homegrown boiled cabbage

corned beef (about 2oz)

carrots

homegrown green and wax beans. YAY!

1 orange (small)

Light and fit yogurt

coffee

Hmm.. I'm a bit of a snacker when it comes to after dinner. Dunno why.... I just get a craving for that fruit!

Battle Log
Challenge Log
I made a mistake.

Hmm. I thought I posted my log the last two days. Woops. Well I'm on the phone because I'm on the road heading to my grandmother's house. So I can't exactly copy and paste well. Well, I can, but I haven't figured out how.

So.

Workout as seen above yesterday. My arms are aching. Yaaaay! Especially in the triceps which is good. I can punch people harder now. Not that I'm going to all the time, I mean if I need to then I can... not that I'm expecting a fight or anything. Except for zombies.

Always be ready for zombies.

Consumption log:

Breakfast :

2 jumbo eggs on top of zucchini, pepper,onion stir fry

Coffee

Lunch: I had a lunch date with my evil aunt. She wanted to talk about my engagement. Psh. She knew about my engagementfor 2 months. She just wanted dirt to gossip.

1 cup of lemon rice soup

1 banana pepper

Small rice pudding. ...evil aunt ordered

Dinner:

Carrots

Cabbage

1oz of corned beef

Banana

5 sushi (I was snacking because the guys ate 80 percent of the meat the day before and I was hungry from my workout. )

After:

Hard cider

Light and fit yogurt

Peanut butter. ..I really craved that protein

• Like 1

Battle Log
Challenge Log
I made a mistake.

I am back from my trip to my grandmother's *sigh* and I don't know what it is about that place, but my will is just crap when I go up there. I has to be the lethargy. I dunno.

Suffice it to say, I'm resetting. And I'm resetting at a truly stupid time, because it's my brother's Birthday today and that means cake and shit. *sigh*

Yesterday's Consumption log: (i also did workout)

Breakfast:

2 eggs

light and fit yogurt

coffee

Breakfast:

black plum

Dinner:

pepper/zucchini/onion/burger stirfry over rice.

a salad with 1 dolmata and 3 olives.

hard cider.

an orange

darn it.

I have a crappy will save.

Looks like you are enjoying lots of good stuff from your garden.

Definitely! I highly recommend them, especially seeing as it's all good stuff to eat!

Looks like you're doing a pretty good job :) And dang it, you need to come here and garden for me!

Happily! I'm even going to make some salsa with all my tomatoes! NOM NOM NOM.

I only wish now that I could grow avocados. :P

Battle Log
Challenge Log
I made a mistake.