Entry 50

Sunday.  Huzzah.  Down another couple pounds.  Too lazy to update my signature, but yay me.  

Recent discovery: Pork rinds are a multi-purpose thing of awesomeness.  Snack, 0 carb breading, etc.  Thank you Utz for selling massive bulk tubs of them.
12646979_1203711386325433_56760399199950

Truly, a thing of beauty.  Delicious, crispy beauty.

• Like 1

-Kinger

I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will be confused.

One: "Si vis pacem, para bellum."  If you want peace, prepare for war. 

Two: The old me is dead...he died with his old habits.  The new me will be stronger, faster, sharper, better.

Entry 51

Here we go again.  Monday.  Down about a pound.  Breakfast: Eggs, kale, fried in butter with salt, pepper, and herbs.  

Another day of work.  Another day pretending to care.  Screw it...pay me and get out of my way.  

-Kinger

Two: The old me is dead...he died with his old habits.  The new me will be stronger, faster, sharper, better.

Entry 52

Tuesday.  Up early, ham and eggs for breakfast.  Probably some salami for lunch.  Have to pick up dad at the hospital after work.  Scale is doing the usual little fluctuations, but I'm taking pictures so I know what's really going on.  Ordered some calipers, too, just so I have a different data set.  

-Kinger

Entry 53

Home from work today to keep an eye on the old man after his first surgery.  Huzzah...sort of.  Being a good son is devouring all of my paid leave at the beginning of the year.  :(  No vacation for Jim again this year. 

Doctor's appointment this evening.  I've lost a fair amount of weight so far and I'm going to tell her where she can shove a couple prescriptions.  Contrave...does nothing.  Advertising hype.  The only thing that's dropped my weight has been me, keto, and monitoring my caloric intake.  So, that pill can go away thank you very much.  We're also going to discuss where I need to be to get rid of the blood pressure medicine.  Then we get to discuss what is potentially wrong with my neck since PT hasn't helped as much as it should have.  Then...after all that, I get to go to PT.  :-\

Breakfast: bulletproof coffee and the blood of my enemies.  

-Kinger

Entry 54

Wow...talk about your crappy couple of weeks.  Dealing with dad's valve replacement surgery has been a special kind of hell.  I had no time for myself driving back and forth to the hospital, so there was a fair amount of shitty cafeteria food and Dominos eaten.  No bueno...no bueno at all.  It caused the weight to go up a bit and plateu, though I'm back to about where I was last time I was focusing properly on my health.  Though, now I'm taking care of him at home when I'm not at work...sooo...that's super fun. 

Also, work has been...awful.  Ever try to appeal a decision made by your employer where they insist you prove intent?  Yeah...appeal denied.  So now I have to appeal the denial somehow and hire a lawyer.  That's gonna be great.  Where's Matt Murdock when you need him?  Although I'd rather hire Deadpool and let him make a mess for me. 

I'd like to hit the gym tonight, but apparently there's a nasty snowstorm inbound so I guess I'm just gonna hunker down and maybe play some Diablo 3 or Farcry Primal.  Oh well...

• Like 1

-Kinger

Entry 55

Wow...thanks computer for erasing my post.  Grr.  Day's going so well.  Being bitched at by my dad over nonsense things.  Yay...so glad I've blown most of my paid leave and spent a couple hundred bucks helping him get through this period of recovery.  >.<  I need a vacation, but can't afford to take one now. 

Weight hasn't moved yet...think water weight is redistributing itself.  Also have had...bathroom issues...  Liquid, gross bathroom issues.  Thinking it may be candida die-off in addition to adapting to a higher percentage of fat in my diet.  Gonna give it a week before I become horribly concerned. 

Hoping to have some form of weekend fun.  REALLY hoping I finally get to see Deadpool with some friends.  If not, I may lose my mind.  Like...seriously, and totally, lose my mind.  Bought a Deadpool mask just in case.  :-p

• Like 2

-Kinger

Entry 56

Ugh...tired.  Had to get up early so I can let the nice girl in who's cleaning my dad's upstairs again today.  Money out the door for me, but a cleaner environment for him that will hopefully help his recovery.  *sigh*  Hello credit card, how are you today?  :-p  Or wait, now I have to reschedule her because she wrote down the time wrong and has a scheduling conflict with her kids...blaaargh!  >.<

Breakfast was a shrimp and egg scramble on top of some nice raw spinach.  Tasty.  Cooked it all up in coconut oil to get some MCTs into me.  Also, for your viewing pleasure, last night's dinner: 

1916118_1222000637829841_681663600353995

Cajun seasoned steak with some provolone cheese.  Tasty.  

Anyway, guess I'll play games today since there's no cleaning person incoming.  Yay.

-Kinger

Entry 57

Well, I've had the office plague for the past week.  So...everything kind of went to crap.  Tried to be relatively healthy, but when you feel like death's door cooking tends to go out the window.  *sigh*  Back to it again now that my immune system finally caught up to whatever horrible mutant strain the Dept. of Welfare gave me.  Blech.  

-Kinger

Entry 58

Back again.  Things have been a big pile of suck lately.  Work is hell, fighting with HR is an exercise in frustration over my continual non-promotion, etc. and so forth.  Trying to get back on track with my health because at least I can control that.  Hoping to be more active again.  

-Kinger

Entry 59

Friday morning.  It needs to be Friday evening.  It snowed...and is supposed to snow again tomorrow.  No fishing for me.  :( Trout season starts next weekend, so it'd better get back to being Spring in a big damn hurry. 

Had a good breakfast.  A bit of spinach, three eggs, and some grass fed organic head cheese that I discovered I had left in the freezer from US Wellness meats.  Sadly, I won't be replenishing from them anytime soon.  Too broke, and still no promotion at work.  Though my cousin may go in with me on half a cow at some point, and there's always the hope of deer season.  Spring turkey is coming up, too.  Hopefully I can go out and bag myself a gobbler.  That'd be about a week's worth of chow once I process the beastie and cook it. 

Fear Factory/Soilwork concert next week.  That'll be fun.  At least I'll get out of my house for a change.  I've been living like a hermit waaaaay too much.  There's that powerful urge when things are going shitty to just sit in my cave, watch tv, and eat pizza.  It's hard as hell to fight off.  I keep trying, but it comes in waves.  *sigh*

• Like 1

-Kinger

Entry 60

Doing well with eating better.  Thank goodness it's the weekend.  Going to try to get through it without any slip ups.  May spend the day playing video games.  I need to grind out some achievements in Destiny before the next patch, and I want to put some more polish on my seasonal Diablo 3 characters.  :-p  Too cold and snowy to go fishing...so blah to that.  

Have a friend coming over tonight.  Probably be some drinking involved.  Not too much on my end, though.  Gotta stay strong.  

-Kinger

Entry 61

Not my best weekend.  Should not have had drinks with my friend.  Triggered entirely too much eating of bad stuff.  Lesson learned and will not be repeated.  Alcohol is fun, but it seems to cause a domino effect with me.  So today, I don't feel particularly awesome.  Tried, bloated, grumpy, moderately upset stomach with reflux.  Ugh. 

Going to be a long day at work.  More work to do when I get home, plus appointments to keep.  Here we go again...

• Like 1

-Kinger

Entry 62

Ugh...the weekend has continued into the week.  Had a couple good days, but Tuesday night was a Fear Factory concert at Altar Bar.  Small venue...so...inescapable mosh pit.  Next day I had off from work and was sore, tired, etc.  Will power was at about a minus fifty.  Ordered pizza, ate pizza, slept lots, drank more water than any sane person should...  Still tired today, bloated, walking on my breaks at work but my feet still hurt from being trod on repeatedly.  D'oh!

Fear Factory was fantastic...played all of Demanufacture in order.  SoilWork was also very, very good.  The two opening bands were a bit meh.  Great to see FF, though.  Burton, Dino, Ray, and the bass player from Static X in the lineup.  Very tight, great sound.  So, I guess despite my non-healthy choices, at least I had fun.  :-p

• Like 1

-Kinger

Entry 63

Ok, it's Friday.  Good.  Seems like a good day to get back on track.  Been doing a lot of walking, but gotta get the diet in check.  Time to get serious. 

• Like 1

-Kinger

Entry 64

Having a fairly good week.  Keeping it low carb, relatively primal, walking on my breaks at work.  Allergies are kicking my ass, though...despite starting immunotherapy.  I need to mow the lawn and get my seedlings in the ground, but I've developed a hideous rash on my arms.  Doc says cortisone cream and try to avoid triggers for a bit so we can rule out causes.  *sigh*  Always something.

Going trout fishing this Saturday.  Have my spinning rod all ready with some Trout Magnet jigs and some Spiderwire braid (because snags are the devil).  Also bought a 7ft single piece Ugly Stick.  Gonna spool it up with some 10 to 14 lb mono and try my luck with big catfish, muskies, pike, etc.  I've got some beefy spinner baits for the latter...and catfish...well...I'm not the only mofo in the Burgh that likes hotdogs.  lol. 

Work is insanely boring.  It's too damn nice to be in an office.  Oh well...money. 

• Like 2

-Kinger

Entry 65

Thursday.  Huzzah.  Almost the end of the week.  Diet's locked in, and I've been getting some exercise so all is good there.  Still have a weird rash on my forearms...and it seems to be getting worse.  I'm a touch concerned it may be photosensitivity.  If so...why?!?!  I've never had that problem before, and none of the medications I take are supposed to cause it.  Grrrr...so itchy.  

Got my new 7ft fishing rod yesterday.  OMG...it's glorious.  Can't wait to spool it up and go after some lunkers.  However, this weekend it's all about the trout, so the little 6 footer I have is gonna get all the action. :)

Also picked up a beginner set of golf clubs and a bag.  I figure that'll be a fun way to get outside with friends and coworkers, get in lots of walking, and even lifting heavy since 10 clubs and a bag is a bit hefty.  Now lets see if I can manage the art of a golf swing without loosing hundreds of balls.  LMAO.  Incidentally, if you dig on golf video games, I highly recommend The Golf Club Collector's Edition.  It's nice...good intuitive controls, decent graphics.  There's no arcade stuff, mini games, flaming balls, etc...just butt loads of courses (course creator built into the game, btw), a decent simulation/physics setup, runs on the Unity engine...just all around nice.  Relaxing, challenging, and fun.  The announcer is a bit repetitive, but oh well...that's every game with an announcer in my opinion.  :-p

Well, time to eat my omelet and get ready for work.  Peace.  

• Like 1

-Kinger

Entry 65

Friday at last.  Rainy and gray, but still nice.  Was going to go try out my new golf clubs after work, but in the usual rush to get out the door, I forgot them.  Plus, rain...blech.  Oh well...maybe over the weekend.

Trout fishing tomorrow, assuming nobody flakes on me.  If they do, I'll go anyway, but to a closer lake.  I want to catch my 5 fish creel limit and see if I can make them into delicious dinner.  :) Olive oil, salt, pepper, herbs in the cavity, tossed onto the Foreman and grilled up nice.  Hopefully it works out well. 

Checked the scale this morning for the first time in ages.  It's clearly a dirty liar.  All my clothes are fitting looser, but it says I've gained a pound.  Hah...I think not.  Stupid pile of plastic.  Not gonna let it get to me.  Just gonna grind through the day and have something random for dinner.  Been feeling lazy so cold chicken thighs, spinach, and sour cream sound like an ideal plan.  ^_^ Or maybe bacon...bacon is always an option. 

-Kinger

Entry 66 (Semi-Rant Warning)

Well, fishing yesterday was not as good as I would have hoped.  1) My friend invited like 3 other people to come with us.  2) This caused them to all fish on top of me at an already crowded lake.  3)  Apparently something is causing me to be photosensitive...soo...rash on forearms, despite using sunscreen.  4) Finally got a fish on the line, got him right up to shore...he shook the hook and in the process broke the bail on my spinning rod (had duct tape, so not that big a deal, but still).  5) Due to the previously mentioned friend invites we started late and left early.  6) Her boyfriend is an internet troll irl...I mean, c'mon...I'm snarky as hell, but can we tone it back a bit to people who can actually look at you when you're spouting bullshit and placing too much importance on gaming (holy shit, did I just say that?!?!)?  7) Spent car ride home listening to them mildly bicker about whether or not to adopt a kitten while butt-rock music played from the i-pod (no, sir...Smashing Pumpkins is ok, but your selection is not metal and many of these bands barely qualify as musicians).  

So yes, that was my fishing trip.  I think I'll be going it alone from now on.  At least when I go to Deer Lakes by myself the only conversation I have to endure is with the water...or other anglers to wish them luck or swap tips.  *sigh*

Got home, played some of The Golf Club, improved my handicap, made a giant hilly course for people to play, then cooked up a hardcore bacon cheeseburger dish.  Probably ate a wee bit too much, but I was fighting the urge to order pizza and wallow in my own crapulence for the rest of the evening.  

Today I'm cutting my hair...too impatient to grow it long and it keeps getting in my face and annoying me.  Then I'm mowing the lawn while slathered in SPF30 to try and keep the rash down to a dull roar.  Hopefully I have time to dig out my garden bed and get the tomatoes outside.  Really wish the weekend were longer.  

-Kinger

Entry 67

Ugh...Monday already?  Yeesh.  Oh well...time to earn some green.  Going to go to the driving range after work and break in my new golf clubs, then I have to finish mowing the lawn this evening and feed my pet snake.  Busy day.  :-p

-Kinger

Entry 68

Ugh...this photosensitivity thing is killing me.  The rash just won't quit. :(  Gonna see if the allergy doc can squeeze me in for more than just my shot today.  This really...really sucks.  

Today's to do list, besides the allergy BS: Vote, hide from the sun.  

• Like 1

-Kinger