Entry 69

Doc visit the other day went well.  BP a little high, weight down, doctor happy.  

Caught a Black Crappie after seeing the doc...he was delicious.  I need to catch more of them.  Wouldn't mind a trout, though.  :-p  Going out this morning to try my new Shimano reel.  Loaded it up with some 6lb mono from a panfish tackle company, so we'll see how it goes.  Gonna use Trout Magnet float setup I did last time to nab Mr. Crappie.  

So tired.  LOL...fishing early is great, but being sleepy sucks.  Wish me luck.  

-Kinger

I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will be confused.

One: "Si vis pacem, para bellum."  If you want peace, prepare for war. 

Two: The old me is dead...he died with his old habits.  The new me will be stronger, faster, sharper, better.

Entry 70

Doing well on a keto style diet with Paleo leanings.  20g of net carbs a day is helping a lot.  Got results from my bloodwork back and all my labs are back in normal ranges.  Take that fatty liver!  As they say over at Reddit Keto, it's time to KCKO (Keep Calm and Keto On).  Weight loss is slowing down a bit, but not a huge deal.  If it doesn't pick back up in a couple weeks, it'll be time to reset macros and such.  Huzzah.  

Going fishing this weekend, hopefully.  Going to try out a new catfish rig.  Mmm...catfish.  

-Kinger

Two: The old me is dead...he died with his old habits.  The new me will be stronger, faster, sharper, better.

Entry 71

Well, the catfish rig was a bit of a bust.  Only a few survived the trip to the lake.  I need to think of a better way to package pre-tied rigs.  I thought I could get away with neatly folding them into a container.  Nope.  Nope nope nope nope.  By the time I unpacked them they had become a gnarled mass of hooks, monofilament, weights, 3-way swivels, and catfish bait.  Also...catfish boilies are tough bastards.  The one I used underwater lasted the whole day.  Catfish "nuggets," not so much.  One good soak and it was mush.  I'll use them up, though.  Next time I might just make stink bait out of hotdogs and Kool-Aid.  It's cheaper and requires a much less complicated rig.  ...Sticky though...  :-(  I did manage to catch a few bluegill on various lures.  They ate all my worms, and only one got hooked from the squirmy buggers.  Switching to plastics and doing a bit of jigging on a float setup got better results.  The hits were harder and easier to land...no bait take-aways.  Sadly, with the Panfish Enhancement rules on that lake, only one was keeper size.  I released him from my keepnet and he was spared the destiny of being dinner.  One bluegill does not a meal make.  Oh...and apparently one of my soft plastics has chili powder in the mix of ingredients.  After rigging it up, I rubbed some dirt out of my eyes and effectively blinded myself for 20 minutes.  lol

Still doing well on Keto.  Weight is going down overall.  Trying not to take out various frustrations on pizza.  Heh...the struggle continues.  I keep trying to get out and do more...but I seem to lack people to get out and do things with.  And dating is a fucking joke.  Seriously...am I that horrible/undesirable?  We'll see what happens when I'm closer to my physical goals.  The real question is will I choose to use my powers for good or evil.  I'm leaning towards "Come to the dark side...we have bacon."  

-Kinger

Entry 72

Boring monday at work.  Went out after work to do some errands...my CVS has moved, and I don't know where.  o.O  But they have my drugs.  Dammit!  I'll find them tomorrow.  Grabbed some groceries...and stopped in the new Gander Mountain.  

Gander Mountain is dangerous.  Walked out with fishing line (4lb, 6lb, 10lb, 12lb), some inline spinners, some utility rope, eagle claw snelled hooks (gold), an organizer I plan on using for my pre-rigged catfish baits, and a new micro-light one-piece rod for trout/panfish/bait (40% off!!!).  Yeah...I can't be trusted in there alone.  

Currently making burgers to munch on through the week.  Then sausage and spinach w/ Mozzarella for dinner. :) 

-Kinger

Entry 73

Dying of absolute boredom at work.  Tired, grumpy, allergy shot tonight, and need to go to my CVS Pharmacy's new location to pickup my Rx.  Trying to convert my stuff to mail order because now they're all out of my way.  I don't feel like making special trips to get pills...and I should be able to ditch one of the damn pills fairly soon.  Just gotta keep up with what I'm doing healthwise. 

Need to get back to the gym, but my knee has been bugging me.  Kind of putting a damper on things.  No idea how I tweaked it, but it is pissed off for some reason.  As is a muscle in my abdomen.  Both just randomly started hurting two to three days ago.  Grr. 

-Kinger

Entry 74

These boring days at work are killer.  I'd rather be busy than constantly watching the clock.  Oh well...I guess I should be thankful for the less hectic work volume, but dammit, one can only read so much crap on the internet in an eight hour day.  :-\

Weight's going down...general trend, anyway.  Usually daily bumps and valleys, as is the norm.  Being pretty good about keto/paleo.  I've been indulging in alcohol a bit too much...going to have to cut that back for a bit.  Makes for bad hangovers and bad choices...plus, it's expensive.  Heh.  

For you gamers out there, the new DOOM is pretty sweet.  Multiplayer is hectic, campaign is just plain cool.  Give it a shot if you want a gory infusion of nostalgia mixed with great visuals and a decent soundtrack.  

-Kinger

Entry 75

Bored, bored, bored, bored, bored...  My job is such utter drudgery at this point it's kind of pathetic.  I mean, not that I mind farting around on the internet all day, but it gets a bit mind numbing.  My brain needs some kind of work to make the perception of time passing faster...otherwise it just feels like the minutes never move.

Still doing well on keto/paleo.  Down another couple pounds.  Going to start hitting up the gym again soon with a modified Stronglifts 5x5 kinda program, in addition to some cardio.  Also invested in a Fiskars push mower so I can get a bit of a workout mowing the lawn.  Also, screw buying gas...and screw having to wait until lazy neighbors are awake to mow.  I'll get up at the crack of dawn and do it if I want.  Always makes me feel better to do that shit early, anyway. 

Still not ready to head back to TKD yet.  Just too heavy to bang around my knees and ankles with that kind of movement.  Soon, though.  At the rate I'm going, may be very soon.  Here's hoping.

Heading to Pymatuning park in OH tomorrow for the Nephew's birthday.  One year, already...crazy little bugger is shooting up like a weed.  Wish I'd had time and money to rent a cabin and squeeze in some fishing, but I have to haul the old man with me.  :-\  Oh well. 

• Like 1

-Kinger

I'm back...again.  2016 was an awful...awful year.  The latter half of it has been filled with injury, physical and mental, along with my job being genuinely awful.  2017 already looks grim, considering what's about to become our government here in good ole 'Murica.  But ya know what, I'm fighting back.  In every single way I can.  Against everyone and everything that gets in my way.  I'm going to ball up my fists, plant my feet, load my guns, and tell 2017 to just effing bring it.  Come at me, bro.  >.< 

Back on a sort of keto meal plan, from a health standpoint.  I'll try to keep it as paleo as possible...but money is tight.  Dinner tonight: Spam and eggs.  Monty Python would be proud.  Hah.  

• Like 2

-Kinger

Evening of champions: Homicide Hunter, sweet italian sausage, and some colby jack cheese.  And a good time was had by all...well...most.  I'm sure the victims on Homicide Hunter weren't having a good time.  :-\  My, my, my...

-Kinger