The nerdist thing you do?

And what about miniature wargaming and roleplaying like d&d?

Sent from the past

Lot of folks on this list have fessed up to that, but still damn nerdy

• Like 1

Hardway

Level 13 Half Orc Scout

Strength:8  Dexterity:8   Constitution:8  Intelligence:6
Wisdom:6  Charisma:7

Han Solo  Challenge

20%
20%

Batroc Challenge Challenge

25%
25%

Malak Challenge

4%
4%

If it's Douglas Adams, Monty Python or the original three Star Wars movies then there's a better than good chance that I can and have quoted passages from those books/movies.

I've also been working out with a long blade sword as part of my fitness routine.

Something I've always wanted: a replica of one of the original (1970's) Battlestar Galactica warrior's jacket, officer's stars and all... (Sad but true... :))

We are Nerds - and Proud of it!

• Like 1

"The only decision that matters is what you do with the time that has been given to you." (Gandalf - LOTR)

Me: We cook all the Japanese food we see in anime movies, because we saw them in anime movies.

I don't think we can beat that one bellow:

I used to preform Shakespeare in its original Klingon.

My Battle Log

Challenges 1, 2,

Escape the Matrix Quest

Those are challenges I couldn't complete during previous 6 Week Challenges. While they won't be my focus for the next 6WC, I am keeping them here until I complete them. I WILL complete them.

Push ups challenge (3 sets of 30)

50%
50%

Freaking pull ups challenge (10 consecutive pushups)

64%
64%

I'm a hipster nerd. I was nerdy before it was cool. Then, everyone else started doing it, so I stopped.

Ooooh, rasslin' nerds!! My buddy and I had an in with the Hart foundation, until he decided to be the getaway driver for a homicide.

After that and a completely separated clavicle, I moved on.

I'd love to cosplay, but I'm currently too fat to make anything work.Maybe I'll do a Tough Mudder, while cosplaying as Clayface.

As far as what I do, I've been completely inactive in the community, but Paleontology gives me a nerd-on.

Contemplating a return to school for it. Maybe I'm still just a kid and like playing in the dirt...

Seriously, though, my nerd credentials are pretty minimal, by this communities standards.

• Like 1

I am the Brawlus, goo goo, g'joob.

1. I'm an academic librarian (a librarian at a university) so that in itself is pretty nerdy.

2. I cosplay (mainly a femme 4th Doctor, but in the past I have also been Library Lass (my own creation); Mary Marvel-(Black Adam variant); Elizabeth Bennett, zombie slayer; and  an unfortunate (a zombie from Pride& Prejudice and Zombies).

3. I welcome any and all opportunities to combine #1 and #2. Just this past calendar year, I dressed up as a circus ringmaster and made balloon animals to hand out to students; I dressed as Elizabeth Bennett and handed out snacks to students; I dressed as a Ravenclaw student and ran a bean bag toss game (corn hole game) where students threw white styrofoam balls at a bean bag board with a dementor on it - and I strongly suggested they say "Expecto Patronum!" while doing it.

I also watch genre shows and read comics.

• Like 4

"You want weapons? We're in a library! Books- best weapons in the world!" -Doctor Who, Tooth and Claw

Seems like a lot of cosplayers I will be at Wizard world New Orleans soon maybe we should do a Nerd meet up :)

Hardway

Level 13 Half Orc Scout

Han Solo  Challenge

20%
20%

25%
25%

Malak Challenge

4%
4%

My boyfriend just found out that I have a full-on Elven cloak in my closet... in the same place I keep my Jedi robes. 

• Like 3

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

In high school, I spent three summers (three weeks each summer) living at a college campus taking the equivalent of a college semester of one class... crammed into three weeks. We affectionately called it "Nerd Camp."

After leaving college, I started playing Ingress, an augmented reality game. I got really into it for about a year and was one of the top players in the ATX area while living down there.

Nowadays, it's just a lot of reading.

• Like 1

Lita

Wood Elf Recruit | Level Zero

|| STR 0 || DEX 0 || STA 0 || CON 0 || WIS 0 || CHA 0 ||

|| Battle Log || Challenges: current ||

Let's see... I RP daily online with my equally nerdy classmates. I'm mostly a book nerd, so by venturing into my room you're greeted with piles and piles of books. I watch the usual nerdy things, save what my mother refuses to allow me see because it's the 'step too far into nerdom'. It's alright, Momma... I'm already there. Someday you'll be able to be proud of how well your daughter LARPs.

• Like 1

- Agent Mistborn

Race: Amazon

Profession: Scout/Assassin

Epic Quest Level: 3

Percent 'til Next Level: 60%

STR Level: 8
DEX Level: 7
STA Level: 12
CON Level: 5
WIS Level: 4
CHA Level: 10

My boyfriend just found out that I have a full-on Elven cloak in my closet... in the same place I keep my Jedi robes. 

You have to hide the cloak better if you are not letting your nerd flag fly free :)  My wife saw my Batroc ze Leaper costume early on so no nerd shame :)

Hardway

Level 13 Half Orc Scout

Han Solo  Challenge

20%
20%

25%
25%

Malak Challenge

4%
4%

When I was in high school, I used to do text-based RP of originally-created Star Trek characters on IRC.  We called it Simming, and there was even an acronym for the organization (Star Trek: OSTS.. Organization for Star Trek Simulations? I don't remember for sure).

I met my husband in Calc II when he commented on my Star Trek shirt.

These days... mostly I play logic puzzles on my phone, and every once in a while Star Trek: Online.

• Like 1

I crochet...ALOT. I have made a Dr Who themed blanket with pixeled images of the different characters, have made a brain slug hat from Futurama. and a Spiderman web blanket for my son. (among other things). I also taught my toddler to sing the DOOM song that Gir sings from Invader Zim in "Gir voice.". :D I love being a nerdy parent! Pass along the epicness!

• Like 3

I'm a standard tabletop nerd. Dungeons and Dragons, Dungeon World, 7th Sea, the entirety of the classic World of Darkness stuff. I've dabbled briefly in Mutants & Masterminds as well as L5R. 

I've been online text-based roleplaying (play by email, play by post, Jove chat sites) for the last eighteen years. I started all this role playing business when I was ten- gotta start 'em young!

Anyrate, I started LARPing a few years back too. Fun tiiiimes! I enjoy painting miniatures for people and anything that involves playing pretend and putting on a costume.

I... uh... may be attempting to convince my girlfriend to form a Steven Universe cover band with me. 

because that? Would be awesome. 

• Like 1

-S t a r . R u b y -

"I AM AN ETERNAL FLAME, BABY!"

heatherallyse

str: 1, dex: 1, sta: 1, con: 3.5, wis: 3.0, cha: 1.5

Challenge Chapter I : Exit, Blerch : Chapter II : Enter, Self : Chapter III : Phoenix Ascendant 

Challenge Zombie Arc: 2016 - Infected : Infected, Part II : Typhoid Ruby (Infected, pt II continued)

Hey, look! It's the completely awesome Battle Log I keep neglecting!

I'm a standard tabletop nerd. Dungeons and Dragons, Dungeon World, 7th Sea, the entirety of the classic World of Darkness stuff. I've dabbled briefly in Mutants & Masterminds as well as L5R. 

I've been online text-based roleplaying (play by email, play by post, Jove chat sites) for the last eighteen years. I started all this role playing business when I was ten- gotta start 'em young!

Anyrate, I started LARPing a few years back too. Fun tiiiimes! I enjoy painting miniatures for people and anything that involves playing pretend and putting on a costume.

I... uh... may be attempting to convince my girlfriend to form a Steven Universe cover band with me. 

because that? Would be awesome. 

The STEVEN UNIVERSE EXPERIENCE WOULD BE EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Hardway

Level 13 Half Orc Scout

Han Solo  Challenge

20%
20%

25%
25%

Malak Challenge

4%
4%

I like to apply my nerdiness in fun ways, I am also a bit of an adrenaline junkie. (Odd combo, I know).

My career as a medic keeps me studying constantly. I am part of a specialty team and my role focuses on critical respiratory and cardiac care. Both are fascinating subjects, especially in the emergent setting we work in.

In the Summer and Fall, I work with a Pyrotechnic company. Several years ago we set up this fun, but slightly inaccurate demonstration with a group of Civil War reenactors.

I dabble in mid/high powered rocketry and have recently added a couple of RC airplanes when I can't launch a rocket.

I consider myself a music nerd, for the past 20 years I have collected vinyl records. This has become trendy over the past few years which has its good and bad sides for collecting. I have been working on using Plex and a Linux NAS to operate my own media cloud server with my music collection.

"Without risk, there is no adventure."

The STEVEN UNIVERSE EXPERIENCE WOULD BE EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are an EXPERIENCE!

Make sure that you're a good experience.

Also, I may or may not have booped around the house singing "All I wanna do is see you turn into a GIANT WOMAAAAAN" for part of the day today. 

• Like 1

-S t a r . R u b y -

"I AM AN ETERNAL FLAME, BABY!"

heatherallyse

str: 1, dex: 1, sta: 1, con: 3.5, wis: 3.0, cha: 1.5

Challenge Chapter I : Exit, Blerch : Chapter II : Enter, Self : Chapter III : Phoenix Ascendant 

Challenge Zombie Arc: 2016 - Infected : Infected, Part II : Typhoid Ruby (Infected, pt II continued)

Hey, look! It's the completely awesome Battle Log I keep neglecting!

You are an EXPERIENCE!

Make sure that you're a good experience.

Also, I may or may not have booped around the house singing "All I wanna do is see you turn into a GIANT WOMAAAAAN" for part of the day today. 

I want in the band, I play the one string cigar box base and a little Ocarina :)

• Like 2

Hardway

Level 13 Half Orc Scout

Han Solo  Challenge

20%
20%

25%
25%

Malak Challenge