The nerdist thing you do?

I like to apply my nerdiness in fun ways, I am also a bit of an adrenaline junkie. (Odd combo, I know).

My career as a medic keeps me studying constantly. I am part of a specialty team and my role focuses on critical respiratory and cardiac care. Both are fascinating subjects, especially in the emergent setting we work in.

In the Summer and Fall, I work with a Pyrotechnic company. Several years ago we set up this fun, but slightly inaccurate demonstration with a group of Civil War reenactors.

I dabble in mid/high powered rocketry and have recently added a couple of RC airplanes when I can't launch a rocket.

I consider myself a music nerd, for the past 20 years I have collected vinyl records. This has become trendy over the past few years which has its good and bad sides for collecting. I have been working on using Plex and a Linux NAS to operate my own media cloud server with my music collection.

Can I just take a moment to say I love your avatar!

18.10 |18.6 | 18.518.418.318.218.116.2 | 16.1 | My Character

Lean out: 4lbs / 70lbs

- - - - - - - - - -

Thanks, Futurama was one of my favorite shows. I am still disappointed they aren't making any more, but I am glad that they were able to finish the series finally.

I love Futurama. In fact I happen to be watching it now! I really wish they would make more, but they did have a pretty definite end.

• Like 1

18.10 |18.6 | 18.518.418.318.218.116.2 | 16.1 | My Character

Lean out: 4lbs / 70lbs

- - - - - - - - - -

Nerdiest thing I do: read books about quantum mechanics, for fun! Seriously though, it’s fascinating, I’ve been intrigued by it since I was like 16. Sometimes I get stuck on Wikipedia just deep diving into its complexities.

I also go to cons, mostly FanExpo up here. Last time I cosplayed as an Agent of SHIELD.

Last nerdiest thing: I can basically quote all of Star Wars A New Hope by heart. Even the Hutteese, LOL.

• Like 3

I program video games. I haven't FINISHED any (except for a crappy flash game you can play here) but I have about a dozen project files between Unity and Game Maker Studio, and many more ideas I'm dying to attempt when I have some free time.

I mean, I love programming them, but I hate making levels and writing and drawing and all the other stuff I need to do to finish a game. I finish a few features, then I get EXTREMELY bored when it's time to add actual content, so I spend all my time playing around in temporary test levels until I abandon it.

Current weight: 190

Current goal weight: 180

Nerdiest thing I do: read books about quantum mechanics, for fun! Seriously though, it’s fascinating, I’ve been intrigued by it since I was like 16. Sometimes I get stuck on Wikipedia just deep diving into its complexities.

I also go to cons, mostly FanExpo up here. Last time I cosplayed as an Agent of SHIELD.

Last nerdiest thing: I can basically quote all of Star Wars A New Hope by heart. Even the Hutteese, LOL.

I wish I could find Quantum mechanics as interesting as you do, I really want to dive deep into a subject like that, but then I get tired/bored/late for work, and then my interest lowers ._.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I don't know if its one of these two...

First:

Being a lot of time in the computer learning Linux, or Javascript, and a lot more... Ah, and playing binding of Isaac.

Second:

Every year in October, there is the "ZombieWalk". Last year, I was a survivor of the zombie apocalypse, beeing in the Circus Guild with other cool people. And in the Event, we had to fight the Zombies! (as a playing game, not real haha). I'm the guy of the center:

Captura%20de%20pantalla%20de%202016-02-0

• Like 3

Hawkhack the Ranger
"Bits and Pounds for the win!"

My personal website: http://www.acifuentes.cl
My NF Character: https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/62088

Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/78158-hawkhack-action-log/

Every year in October, there is the "ZombieWalk". Last year, I was a survivor of the zombie apocalypse, beeing in the Circus Guild with other cool people. And in the Event, we had to fight the Zombies! (as a playing game, not real haha). I'm the guy of the center:

You look so evilly happy. Love it.

Level 1 Adventurer

Quest for Adventure

Took the road less traveled. Now lost.

I forsake social interaction and deny myself anything that gets in the way of my studies so I can get better at maths.

...it's lonely but atleast I can do vector calculus now! Right? Riiight?

*sobs*

Haha, just kidding. I love what I do! Today I spent three hours proving a really difficult theorem as a challenge from my really smart friend and when I got it I called my mother to tell her! She... told me to put the damned phone down because she had no clue what I was trying to tell her.

....*sobs*.

Apart from that, I don't think I do anything nerdy. But to be fair, I do spend a shit ton of time on my maths. 

...I don't get it, what makes something nerdy?

Do you, like, understand it? Quantum theory is based on some really rigorous mathematics; foundational knowledge is essential to appreciate that stuff. Are you trained in mathematics/physics yourself or have you taught yourself the maths and foundational physics necessary to meaningfully study quantum theory?(maaaaad respect if that's the case!)

I don't know if its one of these two...

First:

Being a lot of time in the computer learning Linux, or Javascript, and a lot more... Ah, and playing binding of Isaac.

Second:

<bad-ass picture>

That is so cool! Those costumes are too awesome. What kind of stuff do you do in a circus guild?

• Like 2

Assassin - Level 3 

STR: 6 | STA: 3 | DEX: 1 | CON: 6 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 1

Challenge 1 - RESTART -  Challenge 2

I forsake social interaction and deny myself anything that gets in the way of my studies so I can get better at maths.

...it's lonely but atleast I can do vector calculus now! Right? Riiight?

*sobs*

Haha, just kidding. I love what I do! Today I spent three hours proving a really difficult theorem as a challenge from my really smart friend and when I got it I called my mother to tell her! She... told me to put the damned phone down because she had no clue what I was trying to tell her.

....*sobs*.

Apart from that, I don't think I do anything nerdy. But to be fair, I do spend a shit ton of time on my maths. 

...I don't get it, what makes something nerdy?

Do you, like, understand it? Quantum theory is based on some really rigorous mathematics; foundational knowledge is essential to appreciate that stuff. Are you trained in mathematics/physics yourself or have you taught yourself the maths and foundational physics necessary to meaningfully study quantum theory?(maaaaad respect if that's the case!)

That is so cool! Those costumes are too awesome. What kind of stuff do you do in a circus guild?

Too answer the what is "NERDY"  question.  Being NERDY about something means almost exploding to share it.  I want to talk to people about comic books, and the Triangle Shirt Waist fire ALL THE TIME!!!  This is what nerdy is, if the subject comes up in a conversation three conversations away and you LEAP across people to find your nerds, you are nerdy :)  and it is a good thing

• Like 1

Hardway

Level 13 Half Orc Scout

Strength:8  Dexterity:8   Constitution:8  Intelligence:6
Wisdom:6  Charisma:7

Han Solo  Challenge

20%
20%

Batroc Challenge Challenge

25%
25%

Malak Challenge

4%
4%

The nerdiest thing I have ever done? Probably opening a local gaming store. During the ccg boom, but also warhammer, various other mini games, lots of rpgs, etc, etc.

Now? Train my offspring in the way of the nerd.

GASP! Warhammer!? Where is your store?!

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

I play ukulele for (part of) my living. That's pretty nerdy.

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk

That is epic no matter how big a part of your income it is :)

Hardway

Level 13 Half Orc Scout

Strength:8  Dexterity:8   Constitution:8  Intelligence:6
Wisdom:6  Charisma:7

Han Solo  Challenge

20%
20%

Batroc Challenge Challenge

25%
25%

Malak Challenge

4%
4%

hm.. nerdiest thing I've done. Play Magic the Gathering with some friends, although I want to cosplay as something awesome. I just don't know what yet or where. :redface:

Just pick something that you think is REALLY cool and start there, work retroactively!

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler