The nerdist thing you do?

Well, I've always loved link... I wanna just go around yelling Hi-Ya! And break pots

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

It's never too late.

15da9eaf1da3bda6aae3e8224e5cca35.jpg

• Like 2

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Let's see...

• Whenever I go somewhere, like anywhere, I occasionally yell: "ALLONS-Y!" (Especially when I'm in my Tenth Doctor cosplay.)

tumblr_n3s59sN8Af1sep00so2_250.gif

• Whenever I'm on a roller coaster at the take off or the drops, I tend to exclaim: "GERONIMO!"

24TwiKCbN9LCE.gif

• Whenever a friend has a birthday, when I give the birthday boy/girl their balloons I say: "Here's some air from my lungs."

tumblr_m1vcxm4Cyc1r8fcqxo1_500.gif

• Whenever I don't understand something, I do the head motions Lt. Commander Data from "Star Trek: The Next Generation" makes when he doesn't understand a concept.

tumblr_ncezbpVsc51sohofko1_400.gif

• I ordered my first cup of Earl Grey by saying, "Tea. Earl Grey. Hot." to which the waiter replied: "Of course it's gonna be hot, why wouldn't it be?"

giphy.gif

• When things get out of hand, I exclaim in a manner much like C-3PO: "THIS IS MADNESS!"

ogww893cZgaME.gif

• When someone suggests a good idea for a group project, I say: "Make it so."

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Character Sheet

~~~~~~~~~

Barnes & Noble.

Their best-selling books tend to deal with memory loss.

I have certain writing utensils for certain homework.  If I'm writing in my journal I like a thicker ink.  If I'm writing notes for math, mechanical pencils only, for Biology a Bic normal pen is ok, but I love my thinner lined Pilot pen.  I carry my pencil/pen bag in my purse for emergencies.....

Crystal by the way, that's awesome, patience in doing puzzles is hard enough for me.

"One should eat to live, not live to eat." -Molaire-

"People always forget their hangover" -My dear ol' dad

"People are born to live, while some are born to evolve." 

2 minutes ago, Flagwaver said:

What's the nerdiest thing I do?  Here's a picture from college...

Better-than-screen accurate and cost more than my first car.  Yay, charity costuming.

Otter.jpg

I have the droid you are looking for.  I also happen to be building the droid your grandson is looking for.

• Like 1

28%
28%

Main Quest: from 256 lbs. to 200 lbs.

Current weight 256 lbs. on 9/9

Current weight 242 on 12/30

Beskar'ad the level 1 Assassin

Can't believe I never responded to this.  First-generation nerd here.

I have BS and MS degrees in Computer Science and I've been programming computers, daily as a full-time job, for over 30 years.

I programmed my first computer as a sophomore in High School in about 1979.  Couldn't even tell you a language, it had a separate key for each command (there were only a handful, IIRC IF, GOTO, DISPLAY, PRINT and arithmetic functions, no character strings except for print/display.  Six variables (A,B,C,X,Y,Z) and one array (R(), max 173 entries but it got smaller as the program got longer).  The second computer I worked on was an Apple II in Basic in my senior year.

May not sound like much, but back then computers were the exclusive domain of nerds, not quite Heathkit (you didn't HAVE to solder your own computer together), but not far off (and Heathkit was still VERY much around when I bought my first computer, a TRS-80 Model 3, in college).  

Oh yes, I worked in the college computer center too.

On top of which, I've been to a few Mensa parties (former co-worker was a member, I never joined).

How's that for nerdy?

My love of reading in the genre turned into part-time job.

"Insert Shameless Plug"

I run a used bookstore out of my basement in my spare time (around RL job) that specializes in previously enjoyed Sci-fi & Fantasy Novels, Roleplaying Manuals, and Graphic Novels (https://www.facebook.com/FictionfirstBookstore/) feel free to "LIKE" my page. I ship within Canada and the USA (I'm on the east coast of Canada), and have a searchable inventory of over 5000 titles.

One of the biggest joys it has given me is the chance to meet fellow Nerds/Geeks that I might never otherwise had a chance to cross paths.

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

In high school I played flute in marching and concert band.  I sang in the jazz choir (alto)

I had a kick ass cyborg in Heroes Unlimited

I actually read the books in lit class

I collect weird and funny sounding words (this helped me a lot in medical terminology and pharmacology class in nursing school)

Fast forward to adulthood:

I loves me some Harry Potter

I loves me some Skyrim

I play Pathfinder (level 5 Human Ranger and a level 1 Dwarven Druid)

I went into labour with my first baby at a gaming convention and breathed through early contractions while playing 'Toon.  (a lovely distraction)  My husband was in the D&D tournament down the hall.  His team mate knew I was about to pop and volunteered to kill him at any moment I needed her to

THe nerdiest thing I am doing at this very moment is participating in mystery knit-alongs that are thematically tied to certain TV shows.  I have done two Downton Abbey themed ones and now I am working on an Outlander one.

Man, I feel like my nerd cred is lacking.  I'm big into anime, D&D, Kung-Fu action theater, and video games (not as much as I would like).  In my spare time I work on developing video games for mobile and PC (if that counts).  

Human Monk

||  STR: 0  ||  DEX: 0  ||  STA: 0  ||  CON: 0  ||  WIS: 0  ||  CHA: 0  ||

Character Page

May Challenge #1 - 2016