Better late than never...

InnBee

Hi I'm Nicole, a 31 year old wife and mother of a toddler, and this is my first challenge. I'm also 2 weeks late to the challenge but I wanted to get started right away.

Main Quest:  Make healthy living a lifestyle

Quest 1: Walk for 10 min, 5 days a week (STA)

Grading Scale: A = 10 min for 26-30 days, B = 10min, 21-25 days, C = 10min, 20 days

Quest 2: Strength train 3 days a week (STR)

Grading Scale: A = 16-18 sessions, B = 13-15 sessions, C = 12 sessions

Quest 3: Resist the munchies (CON)

Measurement: A = 0-5 submission, B = 6-11 slips, C = 12 slips

Life Quest: Say "Yes" (CHA)

Measurement: Saying "yes" to trying new things, spontaneity, and not complaining when uncomfortable

Motivation:  To see myself as a badass!

• Like 1

Hobbiton to Rivendell

9%
9%

Nealla

Level 2 Human
STR 2.75|DEX 2|CON 2.5|STA 3|WIS 1|CHA 1

Current Challenge

I officially started my challenge today and it's been a good start.

I did a session of strength training today and have successfully beat the munchies (for now).  Though I had not officially started my challenge yesterday, I walked yesterday and was victorious over the munchies too!

• Like 1

Hobbiton to Rivendell

9%
9%

Nealla

Level 2 Human

Current Challenge

Two days in a row ;) now let's keep up the momentum. Your quests will help you to achieve your main goal. Best wishes for your challenge.

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

I gave in to a handful of PB M&M's right before bed BUT I didn't eat the whole bag and it was the only thing I ate that I hadn't planned on.  Plus, I documented it in my food log (rather than just ignore it ever happened to avoid the guilt).  All and all, I'd call my first day a B+.

I woke up a little sore this morning and it felt good.  Not so much that I couldn't walk but enough that I could tell I'd done something.

Thank you all for the support!

• Like 1

Hobbiton to Rivendell

9%
9%

Nealla

Level 2 Human

Current Challenge

A lot of respect for going cold turkey on the munchies. Something I have tried but could never manage. I'm working on allowing myself a treat every once in a while. I hope that in the end this will be a bit more sustainable. Because, at least for me, the craving will always be there!

I've found that munchies beget munchies, and sugar begets sugar cravings, so it's easier for me to just never start than to try to moderate it.

• Like 1

Hobbiton to Rivendell

9%
9%

Nealla

Level 2 Human

Current Challenge

Yesterday I did a lot of things right and only one thing wrong, but I learned a valuable lesson and tested a theory ... I must wait out the munchies before I allow myself to eat anything that isn't planned out.  I give the day a 3.5 out of 4.  And it really does only take 20 secs of courage to get up off the couch and get moving.

Hobbiton to Rivendell

9%
9%

Nealla

Level 2 Human

Current Challenge

Just because they won a single battle doesn't mean they'll win the war! Back at it and kick butt like you did for the majority of your challenge :D

Are you following a plan for strength training? 

I'm doing some very light strength training ... I turned an X-Files drinking game into a bodyweight/crossfit style game.  I try to do that 3 times a week.  Some days it's really tough, other days it's really easy, but I figure if nothing else I'm getting in the habit of blocking out 45 min to workout.

• Like 2

Hobbiton to Rivendell

9%
9%

Nealla

Level 2 Human

Current Challenge

I'm doing some very light strength training ... I turned an X-Files drinking game into a bodyweight/crossfit style game.  I try to do that 3 times a week.  Some days it's really tough, other days it's really easy, but I figure if nothing else I'm getting in the habit of blocking out 45 min to workout.

THat is BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hardway

Level 13 Half Orc Scout

Strength:8  Dexterity:8   Constitution:8  Intelligence:6
Wisdom:6  Charisma:7

Han Solo  Challenge

20%
20%

Batroc Challenge Challenge

25%
25%

Malak Challenge

4%
4%

Hah, that's awesome. I don't watch much TV, but maybe I'll steal that idea for the next presidental election debate. I saw roughly 16 different drinking games for the last one.

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."

My Challenge Thread