Im a father, biker, home brewer, leather worker and new to the Rebellion. I heard about this site on the art of manliness podcast. I thought it was worth giving a try. Im on day 3 and Ive done the at least 10 minute walk twice so far and I have cut out all sodas. Its baby steps I guess. I want to keep at this and see where it goes. Saying and doing is two different things. I start back at school in a few weeks and as a father to a 12 and 3 year old there is not enough hours in the day it would seem. Ill get a before picture soon. Hopefully this gets my wife into wanting to try this out. 

• Like 3

Welcome to the rebellion. Baby steps are the way to go, add up enough and you have a whole journey. You have made some good first steps. What are the next changes you want to make?

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

We are all pulling for you. From what you've said, it sounds like the beginner body weight workout might be a good place for you to start. You can find it on Steve's blog, there are a couple of places it's linked.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Now that looks like a cool workout. I've never been to prison but I love the idea of an effective and efficient workout done with minimal space and equipment. Of it gets to easy in the future you can always add in some strap weights or vest for very little cost. And good job on the HUGE step in cutting out the fizzy sweet poison that is soda.

Be excellent to each other.

@Wyld Bill it's not likely to get too easy. There's variations for a reason. If someone can do multiple one handed pull ups and pistol squats... they're probably years into their journey and have a few more variations up their sleeves.

@Sardu1488 The beginners body weight workout(commonly referred to as BBWW on here) is just like that except it gives you a starting point instead of just a list of things you might want to try.  If you try it and it's too easy there's also an advanced bodyweight routine that includes pull-ups and such. DO try the beginner's though. I thought I was moderately in shape till I tried it and couldn't do the whole 3 sets.

• Like 1

Sinnah Saint, half-elf, lvl1 Assassin - STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 1.86 | CON 2.86 | WIS 2 | CHA 1.38 - Personal Blog

First 6-Week Challenge

Awesome leather work, and it sounds like we are on similar journeys. Two small children ( mind are 7 and 4), returning to schiil, etc. Good luck, cutting sodas was the first and probably one of the best things I did. Don't know how many you where drinking, I was drinking 2-3 20ozs a day, I can tell you I eat a whole lot more now. Also if you want, start a battle log, if you haven't already, until the next challenge starts and we can all follow along.

<p><p>eedad's daily battle log ----> http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/70279-eedads-daily-log/Challenge #1 ----> http://rebellion.nerdfitnss.com/index.php?/topic/70983-eedads-first-challenge-1/Plank times, progress measured as workouts per week with final measure of time 12/12

100%
100%
Flexibility 24/24
100%
100%
Diet 38/42
90.4%
90.4%
Life goal = pass/fail<p>
100%
100%

I'm 30 years old, a husband and a father of 3 beautiful boys.

This change of life style is for them. I have resolved to say goodbye to the weights for the most part and focus on my body becoming the tool, the machine etc.

I'm running for over 3 miles, to and from work if I can help it, and am currently doing three sets of a 9 part workout for 40 minutes a day and two breaks in the week to allow for recovery.

Thanks for having me here guys and gals

Chris

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill