Ok PT was good. The guy is very friendly and seems to be thinking in the same vein as me (building strength over stretching). I'm cleared for biking & swimming, though biking is still prevented by wrist issues (can't lean on them, can't carry bike down stairs). I want to take a cruiser bike for a spin, but still wouldn't be able to store it anywhere on the ground floor :( It's also bound to be heavier.

The PT said I might have mild exertional compartment syndrome. It seems to fit, especially since my left foot has been going numb lately. I thought it was from my lower back flaring up again. There's not a lot of info about PT being very effective for compartment syndrome, so I'm really worried that surgery and a long recovery will be in my future. I honestly think I would have waited on getting a new job if I'd known about this. Kind of mad that my doctor didn't pick up on it.

I scheduled two chiropractor appts for next week, since I'll have lots of free time. The graston technique is recommended for stuff like this, so I might as well get as gently aggressive as I can while I still have time haha.

I hope my orthotics are done soon! I'll have to make time to go and get them :(

http://twinboro.com/body/ankle/conditions/anterior-compartment-syndrome-nj.html

• Like 1

OT session today hurt a bit, my hands are slightly tingly. We did ultrasound around my elbows (the fleshy sides). We should start some really light strengthening exercises next week.

Yesterday was crazy busy and I didn't have time to swim. As soon as the threat of rain passes over the next few days, I'll be in that pool!

• Like 1

My new job is pretty good, so much going on that it's been hard to process how I feel about it really!

My forearms & wrists took a hit from my commute via public transportation. Swinging around on the bars in the bus/train is really really bad for them. My legs aren't happy either from walking/trying to stand on swaying platforms. I will be trying two things: wearing my wrist braces for the commute (might as well see what it does) and bringing a cane. I hope the cane will alert people to my need for a seat :\

My OT said that I may be facing carpal tunnel surgery at some point. I need to find a new one since there's a facility right across the street from work now and that will be a lot more convenient. In the meantime, all I can do is keep up with my nerve flossing movements, specific stretches, and rest.

Still really enjoying my new job, but exhausted all the time! We're getting into a busy time of year too (back to school) so it's only going to get busier for the next month+. I hope I am not a pile of exhaustion for Camp Nerd Fitness.

I am trying to get a new prescription for my wrists, specifically for PT and not OT (what it's for now). The facility near work only does PT. I'm doing my best on my own, but there's a lot of fluctuation throughout the week between good days and bad days and re-aggravating things.

Got the new PT prescription, initial evaluation next week.

I am struggling on the food front. Breakfast is mostly green smoothies because that's all that appeals to me so early in the morning, but they aren't filling. Lunch has been a mix of sandwiches, wraps, and buying something in the caf. I wish eating just cherries or grapes could fill me up because that sounds great!

• Like 1