Rangers gonna Ranger: The Topic

DarK_RaideR

Let me know when you're coming! We can go Rangerin' together. I can also take you to the tractor tire XD Fun stuff. 

You had me at 'tractor tire.'

7bf3f2bdbe69a5ee8e7f8ca8d89c21dd.jpg

Rawr!

Climbed my first tree! Okay so it is not such a big tree, but it was the only tree climbable I have. AND I did it without help. My husband kept offering.

Nice work!  I knew this week's Ranger skill would be a good one!  It's great to see that everyone is enjoying themselves so much.

v7c1kEZ.gif

I'm starting to think I use this .gif too often...

• Like 5

[ Level ?? ]  Rurik the Windblade, the Blade Who Dances, Warhawk of the Steppes.

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Current:   Cry Havoc™: Bladesong of the Warhawk

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik Harrgath became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

I didn't get to climb at the playground I visited last night, but I did get in some work on the monkey bars, and some pull-up work was had. W00t!

• Like 2

Level 71 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

Since I didn't get to parkour class last night- I'll have to hope that Thursday works better. And it might rain all day today.. So tree climbing may be out. However- I got some "race day" socks that I need to test and I haven't truly got my shoes soaked so tonight is a good time to test that out if the rain continues.

Rain.. It's weird to see it. We had over a month of straight rain back in May and I was glad to be rid of it.

Awesome job on all the climbing you guys. Pics and vids looking real smooth! And tractor tire flips! I need you in my life!

Ranger on Rangers!

Wolf

"Let the Boomstick do the talking."

Wild Wolf- Level 10 (Respec)

Class: Operator/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 196#

Stats: STR: 28 / DEX: 20 / END: 21 / CON: 27 / WIS: 31 / CHA: 30

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: The Scout Who Outwitted the Lifter of the Dead

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

I'm curious about next week's suggestion. Might have come up with an interesting idea for a video...

I a couple of weeks' worth of ideas.  You might have to take over the weekly suggestions while I'm gone to the UK though.

I think my tire is bigger than yours!

Hey!  I was told size doesn't matter...

Seriously though, that's a big arse tire to flip around.  I was just working with what I had at hand.

• Like 1

[ Level ?? ]  Rurik the Windblade, the Blade Who Dances, Warhawk of the Steppes.

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Current:   Cry Havoc™: Bladesong of the Warhawk

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik Harrgath became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

@Cutebug: That is an awesome tire! 

@Rurik: Yours, too 

;) 

Level 71 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

I read that list of Raider's and think that's re-enactment without the costumes. Or heathenry without the religion. [emoji12]

Two childhood heroes that spoke of Rangerdom to me.

The first was Robin Hood. Archer, swordsman, quarterstaff fighter, living off the land within Sherwood forest. Standing up for what was right (well the legend anyway).

The second was Monkey, a character from a kids show I watched. He was King Monkey, Great Sage, Equal of Heaven. He flew on a cloud and fought with a staff that could change size. He accompanied and protected the Buddhist priest Tripitaka as they travelled from China to India to get the Holy Scriptures. He wasn't a genius, but he had the skills and wits to keep himself and his master alive.

Finally there is a third man who embodies the adaptability, make do-ability, and endurance of a Ranger. Though he definitely wasn't one. Nor would many consider him a Ranger. My Dad, was (retired) a farmer. In his lifetime he saw tractors powered by steam be replaced by diesel, then the advent of air-conditioning, cruise control and a myriad of other standard comforts for a driver. He could build fences, use a chainsaw, kill and butcher livestock (cattle and sheep), he could design and build an irrigation system, drive pretty much any civilian vehicle excepting maybe boats and aircraft. He could maintain all of said vehicles to the level of many mechanics (until computers became an integral part of them anyway). Dad could weld, grow vegies, cook, darn socks, stitch on buttons, wash dishes and do laundry. He could lift grain sacks and cart them over a hundred yards, deal with various chemicals, convert from imperial to metric and back again in his head. As I said my Dad is a farmer, he never went to war, he never fought beyond a pub scrap, but as I read through this I couldn't help but think of my Old Man.

Oh and he wouldn't get the reference, he is not a sci-fi/fantasy fan.

Woden uses ravens, I use an iPhone.

• Like 5

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

I read that list of Raider's and think that's re-enactment without the costumes. Or heathenry without the religion.

Shhhhhhh ;)

I recall the kids show you mentioned. Think it was an adaptation of Journey to the West?

Also, your dad sounds like a great guy

Lvl 44 Ranger

HEY! DO YOU LIKE CHEESE?

I read that list of Raider's and think that's re-enactment without the costumes. Or heathenry without the religion. [emoji12]

Two childhood heroes that spoke of Rangerdom to me.

The first was Robin Hood. Archer, swordsman, quarterstaff fighter, living off the land within Sherwood forest. Standing up for what was right (well the legend anyway).

The second was Monkey, a character from a kids show I watched. He was King Monkey, Great Sage, Equal of Heaven. He flew on a cloud and fought with a staff that could change size. He accompanied and protected the Buddhist priest Tripitaka as they travelled from China to India to get the Holy Scriptures. He wasn't a genius, but he had the skills and wits to keep himself and his master alive.

Finally there is a third man who embodies the adaptability, make do-ability, and endurance of a Ranger. Though he definitely wasn't one. Nor would many consider him a Ranger. My Dad, was (retired) a farmer. In his lifetime he saw tractors powered by steam be replaced by diesel, then the advent of air-conditioning, cruise control and a myriad of other standard comforts for a driver. He could build fences, use a chainsaw, kill and butcher livestock (cattle and sheep), he could design and build an irrigation system, drive pretty much any civilian vehicle excepting maybe boats and aircraft. He could maintain all of said vehicles to the level of many mechanics (until computers became an integral part of them anyway). Dad could weld, grow vegies, cook, darn socks, stitch on buttons, wash dishes and do laundry. He could lift grain sacks and cart them over a hundred yards, deal with various chemicals, convert from imperial to metric and back again in his head. As I said my Dad is a farmer, he never went to war, he never fought beyond a pub scrap, but as I read through this I couldn't help but think of my Old Man.

Oh and he wouldn't get the reference, he is not a sci-fi/fantasy fan.

You're dad definitely does sound like a great guy and hard worker.

Speaking of Monkey. Did you ever play Enslaved: Odyssey to the West? The main character is named Monkey. He is basically the character you speak of but you get to play him in a game and the great Andy Serkis does the voice and motion capture for him. He fights with a staff and instead of a cloud to hover on- he uses some advanced tech- but it reminded me of the cloud surfing. It was a PS3 game but I got to play it on the Playstation Now stream- good stuff if you get a chance to check it out.

6749monkey_combat.jpg

Wolf

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Spoiler

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Hey!  I was told size doesn't matter...

Seriously though, that's a big arse tire to flip around.  I was just working with what I had at hand.

If size doesn't matter, then why is your beard so big?! XD hehehehhee

Yeah I was lucky to randomly find a giant tractor tire in a random park down the street from me. Kinda awesomesauce. I don't have room for one at home, so it was nice to find it. I didn't get to choose the size, and I probably would not have been able to flip it a month or two ago, but I can now, and it's great! :)

• Like 1

:strawberry:Hobbit Ranger, Dragon Slayer, Crazy Cat Lady, Beekeeper :strawberry:

Sixth Ranger Challenge

Ranger Skill I am trying to develop: Making my own air-dry or oven-baked clay dishes, working my way up to handbuilding a mug. I am using homemade "clay" made from common household ingredients. 

11873810_10153084700128231_1272438048313

The first batch I tried out wasn't super successful. Too many cracks. It's still drying so I will paint and shellac it when it's dried completely. 

11898845_10153084700098231_1697160381704

Going to try a new recipe soon. 

I'll post my successful recipe when I find one. 

• Like 2

:strawberry:Hobbit Ranger, Dragon Slayer, Crazy Cat Lady, Beekeeper :strawberry:

Sixth Ranger Challenge

If anyone wants to check out a new Ranger-ish type game look up H1Z1. 

Zombie apocalypse game. You start in the middle of nowhere with nothing but your fists and you have to forage berries, sticks and make discoveries (how to make a bow and arrow, arrows, tarps, traps, berry juice) when you find materials.

You of course have to fight zombies, bears and wolves if you're on a PVE server and other people if you're on a PVP server and can build bases and stuff on them. I thought it was pretty neat and worth mentioning since a good number of us game :D

It's an MMO. 

OH and also in Alpha. 20 bucks to get Alpha access and you don't have to pay for the game when it comes out. 

• Like 2

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

Going to try a new recipe soon.

I'll post my successful recipe when I find one.

Look forward to it.

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Some rangerly skills used this past weekend -

Mechanical skills - Changed out a yard tractor battery on Saturday. Had a pretty exciting drive home on Sunday - torrential rain, flash flooding, avoiding rocks that had come down an embankment and out onto the road. Yeeha!

Weather reading - Hanging out under the pine trees and watching the Arizona monsoon clouds build. Kicked myself for not bringing that hammock!

And, animal taming... The stray cat that has been hanging around my mom's plant nursery had kittens in one of the boxes of planter mix. Four days old, five little black kittens. Awwwww.

med_gallery_17054_1921_1765285.jpg

med_gallery_17054_1921_1624926.jpg

• Like 9

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

KITTENSKITTENSKITTENSKITTENSKITTENSKITTENSKITTENS

AAAAUUGGGHHHH

KITTENS

• Like 3

LEVEL ONE APPRENTICE WIZARD RANGER: HUMAN UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Tumblr of VERY INTERESTING ART: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/radicalwizardtimes

Had a pretty exciting drive home on Sunday - torrential rain, flash flooding, avoiding rocks that had come down an embankment and out onto the road. Yeeha!

Okay, that sounds like a BLAST!  Woo hoooooo~~

Little baby ShadowLion proteges??  Aaawwww kitties, and their tiny little feets <3

• Like 3

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

THEIR FEETS ARE SO TINY

• Like 4

LEVEL ONE APPRENTICE WIZARD RANGER: HUMAN UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Tumblr of VERY INTERESTING ART: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/radicalwizardtimes

Really crummy video quality, but the little fuzz ball meows - too cute!

And don't you love the "related videos" feature of Youtube? Way to kill Monday morning productivity, bwahahaha!

• Like 5

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Well, Rurik is away on holiday but you're lucky we're actually the same person from different dimensions, so with a bit of introspection/mind reading,this week's skill rides the kitten wave. It's all about connecting with the animal kingdom. Spend some time (or more time than usual) with your pet. If you don't have one, spend some time with a friend's pet. Or a stray. Maybe visit a zoo. Or just watch cat videos on youtube

Sent via smoke signals from the Ranger HQ, hidden deep in the Fitness Forest

• Like 9

Lvl 44 Ranger

HEY! DO YOU LIKE CHEESE?

Haha, swank dude! Let's bring out our inner WoW Hunter!

Hunter-wow.jpg

Raptor not included

Wolf

• Like 2

Spoiler

Haha, swank dude! Let's bring out our inner WoW Hunter!

Raptor not included

My first WoW hunter was a Night Elf back in............ 2007?  Yeeeeeah.  I was a total noob and equipped him with STR and STA gear.

• Like 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru