Christmas Photos: A Snapshot of Change

So, today I was looking at facebook pictures, because it's the day after Christmas, and my family always put a bunch up. And I came to the realization that I could easily find and compare pictures of myself from exactly a year ago by looking through FB for Christmas pictures. It got me thinking that a lot of other people can probably do the same thing.

So I'd like to make a thread where we compare ourselves to ourselves from a year ago, and see how far we've come. I'm sure there will be plenty to woot about. :) Whether the change has been big or small, simply a change in style or your whole body, lets see the differences you've made over the last year! What do you say? :D

Posted Image

I personally feel like I've just... grown up in this past year. Like I've matured tremendously in certain ways, not the least of which being my fashion choices. But also just my work ethic, and a lot of that has to do with working so hard and finally getting fit. I think it's made me much more confident and pleasant to be around.

So, my fellow nerds, how have you changed in the past year?

So, I just went through the photos I took last christmas when I had my family up and realized that I didn't have a photo of me... fail sauce. So, I had to go back another few months. This is last September vs the picture my brother and I used as our gift to our great aunt:

Posted Image - Sept at ~225-230lbs

Posted Image - Christmas at ~198lbs

p.s. NutMeg, you look like Garcia from NCIS, if she were tiny. Or Janeane Garofalo, if she were cute.

You ever see those guys who look like they totally used to be in shape?
I'm working to get back to that...

Guest guest4729

Damn you guys! Those are some awesome improvements all around! I didn't start working out until recently so there's no real difference between last year and this year. Hopefully next year I'll be able to show the before and after, though. :D

Sorry, I started this thread and then disappeared into the night. I had to get my wisdom teeth out the friday before New Years, and I've only just recovered enough to get back to the gym. You guys all look great! Seth, you look very dapper, and aletco you look much younger and more healthy! It's funny to see years progressing in time though you both look younger in age. I love that about getting fit. One time when I showed someone my progress time line (I have a big one) they said, "So you went from 40 and married to an 18 year old school girl?" I don't think I look quite that young, but it made me laugh.

On that note I would highly recommend taking regular pictures about once a month or so for a time line to anyone trying to make changes in their body. Since the change is really slow, seeing the evidence over time is really powerful, especially if you're feeling down or fat that day. Getting to see how far I've come always makes me feel better.

The time line in question:

progressionnew8.jpg

Sorry, I started this thread and then disappeared into the night. I had to get my wisdom teeth out the friday before New Years, and I've only just recovered enough to get back to the gym. You guys all look great! Seth, you look very dapper, and aletco you look much younger and more healthy! It's funny to see years progressing in time though you both look younger in age. I love that about getting fit. One time when I showed someone my progress time line (I have a big one) they said, "So you went from 40 and married to an 18 year old school girl?" I don't think I look quite that young, but it made me laugh.

On that note I would highly recommend taking regular pictures about once a month or so for a time line to anyone trying to make changes in their body. Since the change is really slow, seeing the evidence over time is really powerful, especially if you're feeling down or fat that day. Getting to see how far I've come always makes me feel better.

The time line in question:

progressionnew8.jpg

Crikey, that's an astonishing transformation. If I didn't have so much faith in the people on this forum, I wouldn't believe it was real. Congratulations.

This thread is outstanding. I wish I were better with words so that I could say exactly how outstanding.

NutMeg: Sweet potato pie that's quite a transformation! What was the timeframe?

Seth: Lookin' sharp!

67alecto: You went from big to built! I love it!

Anivair: I think I already commented when you posted that picture separately, but that's a fantastic improvement for both of you!

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

These are quite outstanding everyone! I wish I woulda kept the weight off so I could have posted one. I'll just look forward to next year.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Congrats Anivar! You both look younger and happier, I can really see the difference in your faces.

NutMeg: Sweet potato pie that's quite a transformation! What was the timeframe?

From the very beginning, approaching two years, still closer to one and a half I think. I could check exactly, but meh. I think I really got started on weight loss the summer before last...

Crikey, that's an astonishing transformation. If I didn't have so much faith in the people on this forum, I wouldn't believe it was real. Congratulations.

I blurred out my face for the slightly less savory corners of the Internets, but I have posted the non blurred last picture before. I feel really proud of this picture, I just didn't want my head shooped somewhere gross...

Nutmeg, I mean this with every bit of sincerity: You look fantastic and your pictures are totally an inspiration to me! It was so great to see the actually differences even 10-20 pounds can make in a person's shape. Keep up the great work! I am going to take regular pictures as well so that I can have a record of the way my body changed as well.

"Receive without conceit, release without struggle." ---Marcus Aurelius

Nutmeg, I mean this with every bit of sincerity: You look fantastic and your pictures are totally an inspiration to me! It was so great to see the actually differences even 10-20 pounds can make in a person's shape. Keep up the great work! I am going to take regular pictures as well so that I can have a record of the way my body changed as well.

Thank you. :D I really like looking back on what I've accomplished. It can be hard to really feel the difference. Like in my head I still feel about the same looking through my eyes as I did when I was 225. I mean, obviously more strength and energy, but mentally I still feel fat. I tell my husband that if they plugged me into the matrix my mental picture of myself would probably be much bigger then I am. (Nerdiest way I can possibly put that...) The time line really helps me see the progress I've made, and it helps internalize it more.

I can't wait to see your pictures! I love seeing before and after photos, and a time line is really great to track what you look like at each different weight. I suggest once a month or every ten pounds. Five can be hard to see the difference, 20 is a really big change. If you do it healthily you should be losing about 10lbs a month, so it works out.