• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DarK_RaideR

Boromir was right!

Is it too late to join this party?  I have been starting to run more again and well I get on trails about once a week.  Of course hiking is something I really love but do not do often enough.  A little extra push would be an excellent excuse to get out and do it!

Got out for a quick 3 miles on the trail.  I have come to realize I like going up more than down.  I can run/hike up but going down is much slower with little bits of debris I am afraid of slipping on and now all the leaves coming down makes it even more fun.  I need to get used to running down.  Just need to get used to narrow single track or have more confidence in my ability.  

Got out for a quick 3 miles on the trail.  I have come to realize I like going up more than down.  I can run/hike up but going down is much slower with little bits of debris I am afraid of slipping on and now all the leaves coming down makes it even more fun.  I need to get used to running down.  Just need to get used to narrow single track or have more confidence in my ability.  

That will come with time. I used to be the same way, the more you travel down hill the more your skills will increase until you are running down hill without realizing.

• Like 1

Going to tick off another 3 miles today once the sun rises.  :)  Not much but I am going to work on adding what I can each week.

I walked to the store with a backpack yesterday.  I carried back about 40 pounds and was wishing it was on a trail so I could have added it to the challenge.  Thought of things like that to try and keep my mind busy.  It was heavy for me and all uphill from the store.

• Like 1

Added my 12km of yesterday's trail race. Looks like I gotta step up my game. Also, it's shocking to see we've covered just 1/3 of the distance to Rivendell. Middle Earth is massive!

• Like 1

Been slacking 3 weeks with some Achilles tenderness after my hike.  Got out for 3.25 miles of trail with a 30# pack.  That's heavier than I typically hike with but I wanted to see how I did with a heavy pack on steep hills.  a little slower than I would like but I think my AHT trip may be on in a couple of weeks.

I'd love to join in. I did 12 miles on Sat. I will add it to the sheet. It is just starting to be good weather for hiking here and I hope to put in a lot of miles over the next few months.

• Like 1

I knocked out 4 miles today.  I was doing great and then zoned out a bit planning ahead some possible route changes.  I had a big old rock school me on staying focused when out on a trail.  From that point forward staying in the moment was easy.  Gorgeous out but all the downed leaves really obscure roots and rocks.  On a fun not I jumped over a tree that was down across the path.  Normally I would slow down and go around or walk over it.  Not a big tree mind you but I felt confident enough to keep running and get over it.  Cool.

• Like 3