• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DarK_RaideR

Boromir was right!

another 5.45 trail run.

I considered including a 50 mile canoe trip earlier this year since the fellowship did that but considered that a different ballgame.

I would consider Xcountry skiing totally legit to add to this.

• Like 2

Sprained my ankle pretty bad in two places back in July on my backpacking trip. It is only now starting to feel better for actual hiking. Just as the good hiking season is coming to a close :-( oh well.

1/1 - 6.74 miles

3/5 - 3.1 miles

Added 28 miles. 26 and change walking the Inca Trail and a couple walking around Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu. Honestly it was probably more than two, but I don't have a measure for what I did and I know it was at least two.

• Like 1

Haven't been out much due to health, but I have logged another 15.8 mi in 4 outings. The weather has been agreeable, but I haven't been able to take advantage of it much. We have this one hill/mountain that a lot of people use for training as it is quite steep and only 1.5 miles each way. I recently did it and checked my time afterwards. I walked it at the same pace as I walk my flat neighborhood! I was pretty stoked. The first time I did hill it kicked my butt hard. 

• Like 3

On 18/02/2018 at 11:21 PM, ladymorella said:

Went on a hike today. 10.5 miles. The weather was perfect. Went on a trail I have never done before. 

20180218_183920-edit.thumb.jpg.fada4d2788007dd7c0617af358424f0f.jpg

Wow, that's a seriously beautiful view. Good stuff.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2018 at 6:21 PM, ladymorella said:

Went on a hike today. 10.5 miles. The weather was perfect. Went on a trail I have never done before. 

I wish there were views like that anywhere near me, awesome!

• Like 1

On 2/18/2018 at 3:21 PM, ladymorella said:

oooohhh, the beauty! i wants it.

• Like 2

Went on a new trail on a different range than I normally do. The trails have lots of sign-age and lots of options. Might try exploring all of these in a year. Added 4.45 miles

• Like 1

I complete agree that hiking to Mordor is the way to go! 

I started tracking my hiking miles last week, turns out there is a trailhead like a mile from my house. So I am dragging my partner and the doggos along and hiking to Mordor!

Hello valkyrie!

there is actually quite a few people already walking a Mordor walk this year.  Your certainly free to join!  you just go to the online spreadsheet and add you name!!

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/112670-walk-to-mordor-and-back-again-2019/&page=1

I started Jan 1, 2018.  and just finished the 3040 mile walk to mordor and back a few weeks ago.  its a GREAT walk!

I love the symbolism and tracking where you are in middle Earth, especially on the WAY to mordor.

on the return trip; its not quite so busy and there is little in the books that refers to  arriving at certain destinations (except Isengard and Rivendel (and shire)).

Anyways, my advice is to make the journal as real as  possible.  I imagined walking with the hobbit and made little stories for that.

good luck