• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DarK_RaideR

Boromir was right!

Following for hiking inspiration. My dad used to take me on 5 mile hikes/walks when I was a kid/teen and I want to get back into it. Starting with some local hikes, which to be honest are probably not going to be that hilly, but a place to start!

I meant to find this thread when I started hiking again this month, but somehow completely lost it when to forums changed and then couldn't find it anywhere!

If it's ok I'm going to join in, an add on the 10.1 mile hike I did half way though this month's challenge. Going on a hike across Dartmoor at the end of the month, so some training needed and can certainly add some more miles then.

I'm planing a small hike this weekend with the wife. Will be sure to track the miles & log them here, this is an awesome quest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Completely forgot to add my hikes from the end of the last challenge! I must remember that this thread exists and keep posting on it!

Have added 34.79 miles hiking (this was over two days in Dartmoor, 30/04/16 and 01/05/16).

Just logged my first miles.  Only did 2.3 miles, but todays adventure was more about going over some basic map reading skills with the wife than covering ground.  Going out again tomorrow to do similar kind of milage, but on more open ground.

• Like 2

4.85 miles.  Will add to spreadsheet later but it messes up on this laptop. Meant to do 5.35 route but I forgot how early it gets dark and that the park closes at dusk.

edit: Got it added

• Like 1

I've been lax about updating here, but I have been tracking my mileage!

Just added:

3.59 hike to Emerald Lake

27.6 miles hiked in the Escalante region in Utah (over 3 days)

6.2 mile 10K trail run

5.9 mile hike to Ouzel Falls

3.1 mile 5K trail run

10 mile obstacle course up and down the side of the mountain at Snowmass.

• Like 2

6.9 miles in the snow today, mostly with my snowshoes on my pack instead of my feet. =D 

Next up is my second attempt on Quandary.

Could one ski into Mordor?

• Like 1