Reporting for duty in VA

Hello fellow nerds! I've been lurking on Nerd Fitness for about a month now, so I figured it was well past time to introduce myself! I'm a 25-year old currently-unemployed public relations flack in the DC area, working on getting back into shape while I look for an awesome job.

I've actually been unemployed twice in two years, and worked one intensely terrible job in between, during which time I gained about 80 pounds. I'm 6'0 tall and started this journey at 260 pounds, and I need to get back down to my fighting weight!

I'm 6 weeks into a cleaner diet (which consists of meat, vegetables, fruit and dairy. So kind of primal/Paleo?) and a better workout routine. I've been getting to the gym five or six days a week, doing free weights plus cardio three days a week, and straight up cardio on the in-between days. I've managed to lose weight before just by doing cardio, but this time around I want some actual muscle to go with it. My fitness role models are Kara Thrace from BSG and Zoe Washburne from Firefly.

In addition to weight loss, my shorter term goals are being able to hold a plank for a full minute, do an unassisted pull-up, and run a full three miles. Long-term, I want to be able to survive the zombie apocalypse :)

Level 2 Amazon Warrior

STR 4 - DEX 2 - STA 3 - CON 2 - WIS 3 - CHA 2

Sisters Getting Swole: Starbuck Vs. IrishAmazon