Hey everybody, Captain Coleslaw here. I'm new to posting, but I've followed the Rebellion for several years now. Why start posting now? Well...I need some battle buddies I guess. And this is the first time I've felt like I needed a community. Here's my story in bullet points:

• high school: athletic, fat, but strong. Played football, lifted weights, began professional wrestling career.

• college: worked out 2-4 times a week, didn't really get fat during college, but didn't get any skinnier. Still wrestled until 2005, the year I "retired"

• 2006-2010: I started gaining weight. Fluctuated from 225-235lbs, still working out but not as much.

• 2011: hurt my shoulder (full story: high school weightlifting incident plus working at a factory during summers contributed) moving a dresser.

• 2012: started jiu jitsu. Loved it. Got down to sub-220lbs. Won a gold medal at my first tournament. Also during a match I did not submit to a kimura. Bad news for the shoulder. I still trained on it but I no longer could put pressure on it. I gave up jiu jitsu because of it. Went to physical therapy, may have helped some. In November, bum shoulder and all I competed in and finished my first ever Spartan Race.

• 2013-2014: figured I would lift even with a bad shoulder. Not smart.

• Summer 2014: had a MRI done on my shoulder. Torn labrum. Surgery in October.

• Now: 249lbs. Shoulder still aches but is better than it was.

So, here I am. My breaking point was reading a blog by Timothy Ferris's. It was basically from his book "The 4 Hour Body". http://fourhourworkweek.com/2012/07/12/how-to-lose-100-pounds/(sorry if links aren't allowed) It just made sense to me. Then I got the actual book, and it talked about getting friends to do it, too, or using a fitness forum. Not having many close friends where I am, I thought it'd be the perfect time to throw myself in to the Rebellion. So here I am, reporting for duty.

Starting stats -

Measurements:

Waist (W): 48"

Hips (H): 43"

Right Bicep (RB): 17.5"

Left Bicep (LB): 18"

Right Thigh (RT): 26"

Left Thigh (LT): 26"

Total: 178.5"

Weight: 249lbs

Welcome to the Rebellion! As partial as I am to the Rangers, you sound like a great fit for the Monks (combat oriented folk)! Of course, the Warriors are all about lifting, and the Rangers are all about everything! We are about to start week 4 of the current 6 week challenge. The Six week challenges (6WCs) are a great way to get some accountability and support. We suggest everyone start their first time in the recruit section to get a feel for how the challenges work.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath