Stomach cramps intermittent fasting (female?)

Hi!

Been doing IF for 7 days strict calorie control and macros. Day 4 woke me early with horrible stomach cramps. I ate carbs and egg with salt to resolve. Day 7 the stomach cramps came back and made me break my fast 3 hours early. Taking women MultiVits.

Healthy 5"8 age 30

BMI approx 31

(Shy about weight!)

Macros 40/35/25% prot/fat/carbs

156g/60g/98g

1500cal goal

Light exercise: 2k jog twice this week

Active job on feet

Eating window is 13.30-21.30

Please help as I want to continue. I'm not feeling much hunger pangs but the abdominal cramps is awful. I'm worried that I'm harming my body. Has anyone had this?

Thanks

• Like 1

Are you drinking enough water?

What time do you take your vitamins (they are meant to be taken with food)?

Your calorie goal might be too low, and your protein too high (some of the protein fanatics feel free to chime in here, but 40% protein seems like a lot). I don't know how far you are below maintenance, but since you're tall, obese and active, your baseline must be a lot more than 1500. I eat more than that to maintain and I'm smaller than you.

It's also, frankly, possible that IF won't work for you. But before you give up, adjust the water and macros and try eating a little more, see if that helps. Given your size I am sure you could eat a bit more and still lose weight. Maybe boost your activity a little, too. Instead if jogging for 15 minutes, try walking for 30.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

mistake no.8 from Anthony Mychal

They obsess over the clock and think that one minute is going to ruin the totality of their progress.

What’s totally ironic about this: the majority of intermittent fasters hark on the free lifestyle it affords, especially after jumping from the six-meal-per-day ship. Yet they are completely ruled by the clock via fasting windows.

Seriously, don't worry about the clock ... if you need to eat then eat 

mistake no.4 was you start too ambitious. - it may well be that your body needs a little time to get used to being hungry - so if you only IF 4 days a week to start with, and up it as you get used to it. .... but apart from that WATER WATER WATER .... on waking I consume 1/2 little of water .... go to the gym, 1ltre of water ... get back from the gym 1tre of water ..... and another 2 ltr spread out until I eat lunch mixed with a few coffees

for me the ONLY way to stay away from the hunger pains has been to make sure my stomach is FULL of fluid ... and it means I get plenty of excursive at working going to the toilet

Human | Ranger

Level 3 | STR: 8 | DEX: 2 | STA: 8 | CON: 5 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 7

Current Challenge / Second Challenge, /  My First Challenge

Thanks both for your advice. I take my MultiVits when I have my first lot of food. I drink about 2-2.5 litres per day so should increase really. I am on my feet with a young child and am on my feet in work so I've upped my calories and will lower my protein a bit. I think I went like a bull at a fate and went too crazy for the first week. I don't want to lose weight to quickly or do it in an unhealthy way.

Hey hey, I have similar problem. Time to time I have sever stomach pain. Female doing 18/6 176cm and 60kg. Doing 1800 Kcal per day and very active life style. Start fasting 2pm but pain comes around 8-9pm sometimes in the middle of the night. Getting worst during period. Clean eater: only unprocessed vegetables, nuts, sometimes sea food or fish. Keeping up with my macros. Drinking ip to 3 L of water a day. Tracking healthy sleep and high rate of recovery with Oura ring. Everything is healthy, but stomach ache is unbearable to hold sometimes. However, if a eat a little like carrot or nuts- the pain goes away. Does this means IF is not suitable for me on every day backs?

On 4/15/2020 at 9:05 AM, Olina said:

Hey hey, I have similar problem. Time to time I have sever stomach pain. Female doing 18/6 176cm and 60kg. Doing 1800 Kcal per day and very active life style. Start fasting 2pm but pain comes around 8-9pm sometimes in the middle of the night. Getting worst during period. Clean eater: only unprocessed vegetables, nuts, sometimes sea food or fish. Keeping up with my macros. Drinking ip to 3 L of water a day. Tracking healthy sleep and high rate of recovery with Oura ring. Everything is healthy, but stomach ache is unbearable to hold sometimes. However, if a eat a little like carrot or nuts- the pain goes away. Does this means IF is not suitable for me on every day backs?

The fix for this is suffering for 3 days max doing this. After you've only eaten like once a day basically for 2-3 days you won't get those massive huger pains in the night. Trust me when I over eat for a few days and go back it's hell for the first few days. Then it aint shit after that