The 30-Day Paleo Challenge Extravaganza!! (all the cool kids are doing it!)

Day 2 of Paleo is done....there is no way in hell i can give up milk for my protein shake. Everything else i am strict on. Tonight did a workout that was just over the 1hr limit and i was gassed. I wasn't timing between sets but i think once i do that i should get it to 50min. I am using the how to build your own workout routine and it was crazy tough. Ready for more!!!

Day 2 of Paleo is done....there is no way in hell i can give up milk for my protein shake. Everything else i am strict on. Tonight did a workout that was just over the 1hr limit and i was gassed. I wasn't timing between sets but i think once i do that i should get it to 50min. I am using the how to build your own workout routine and it was crazy tough. Ready for more!!!

Awesome!! Way to go!! Keep up that great momentum, eagles.

Okay so I'm primal, but im in like a chicken wing!

Day 2 and been fine so far. Had a few dark chocolate sticks today, but apart from that im good as gold.

Not sure if i feel much better yet. I've not slept well the last few nights, so hoping to see that improve this week!

Oz.

- Reason(s) why you're choosing to go Paleo and participate

I did paleo for 30 days for the month of June and it lost ~20lbs. I just lost momentum afterwords and got depressed, so I got right back on the SAD. My brother is losing weight like gangbusters and is inspiring me. Does not matter what he feels like, he exercises and eats right and he has lost 50lbs.

- Personal goals you'll be working towards

workout at least 4 days a week. I need to develop a habit of exercise.

No soda. I LOVE coca-cola and drink way too much of it. I have gone successfully without drinking it and the weight just falls off if I just make that change.

- Starting stats (for example: gender, age, height, weight, bodyfat %, measurements, etc.)

Male

5'11"

311.8lbs

I am gathering all the other stuff later tonight. Have a scale that does BF% and my brother is going to be taking my measurements.

- "Before" pics (optional, but encouraged)

Again, later tonight.

I actually started on the 2nd, but did not put my "Hey, I am doing it too" post until just now.

Okay so I'm primal, but im in like a chicken wing!

Awesome! And don't worry, we don't discriminate ;-)

I actually started on the 2nd, but did not put my "Hey, I am doing it too" post until just now.

Welcome! You'll catch up with your brother in no time - if you can, try to make working out a fun activity for the both of you. I'm going to enlist my brother to teach me some of his Marine Corps self defense training :)

So it's the third day of our challenge - or second and a halfth day - how's it going??

I want to be able to follow everyone's progress, either through the forums, blogs, or PMs. If you have a blog, please let me know so I can subscribe! I'll be dropping in to the forum and posting a "check up" post to the challenge thread periodically throughout the month.

Yay! PALEO! Kicking butt! Whoo!!

Day two and I am still going strong. I actually woke up late and with a RAGING headache (probably from the lack of caffeine, this is not the first time I have given up soda and this usually goes on for 3 days). Day one went good, I actually was very satiated with breakfast lunch and dinner. Today I woke up with the headache and dragging some butt until I had blueberries with shrimp and baby carrots for breakfast.

Day two and I am still going strong. I actually woke up late and with a RAGING headache (probably from the lack of caffeine, this is not the first time I have given up soda and this usually goes on for 3 days). Day one went good, I actually was very satiated with breakfast lunch and dinner. Today I woke up with the headache and dragging some butt until I had blueberries with shrimp and baby carrots for breakfast.

mmmm shrimp.

omg, three days of caffeine headaches? Not good. I haven't had soda (Coke Zero is my drug of choice) in a few days, and today is the first headache I've gotten, but it's pretty bad. I'm not even craving a soda though, so I'm taking it as a sign of progress :)

Ack I lag i'm in too

stats

Male

5'11" 251 lbs notsure about body fat and i believe my gravitational forces do not allow for light to pass into a camera from me :) jk i always forget but i'll tryto get a pic eventually

actually only 6 lbs away from my 245 reward of zipline !!!

Lv 1 Half-Orc Adventurer

Str 3 | Dex 2 | Sta 3 | Con 2 | Wis 3 | Cha 2

Going strong, been doing Paleo since last Tuesday. Managed to drag my girlfriend in. Looks like my digestion is starting to get back on track and I'm starting to notice a little weight loss. Trying to ignore it and just focus on having fun. Need to cut out more fruit because I eat too much (this will be hard for the girlfriend). Bought 5 dozen eggs yesterday, two spaghetti squash and made a keish for breakfast so doing pretty good. Though I think I might be allergic to almonds because whenever I eat too many my skin feels warm. Maybe they have naturally occuring Niacin, I got nothing.

My car just broke down so I'm going to be biking a lot more. Not a fan of chronic cardio, but that's life. Working on rehabbing my shoulders so I can start convict conditioning then work my way into Starting Strength again.

So all in all great!

I've had a headache too. Mine isn't from soda. I gave up soda in July of 2010. I actually woke up in a cold sweat and shaking after my 2nd day of no soda. So far today did some cardio. Paleo going good. Had cucumbers, chicken breast, few pieces of turkey, eggs, apple and 2 bananas. My workout friend is doing this with me so I'm enjoying the company along with all of you. Ready to get home and sleep off headache and charge into day 3

i started a thread (without realizing that there is a blog section on the site now). look up emily's 30 day paleo thread (or something like that). so far so good. a bit of a headache today but that's likely the lack of caffeine (having some black coffee now to help ease off the stuff. i have been missing dairy mostly so far which i was not anticipating but otherwise doing ok. i do feel like maybe i'm eating too much still...but at least it's all real food with actual nutritional value. i'm also worrying about what happens next week when i go back to work and don't have as much time/energy to cook. but i'm sure i'll work it out - one day at a time :)

Going strong, been doing Paleo since last Tuesday. Managed to drag my girlfriend in. Looks like my digestion is starting to get back on track and I'm starting to notice a little weight loss. Trying to ignore it and just focus on having fun. Need to cut out more fruit because I eat too much (this will be hard for the girlfriend). Bought 5 dozen eggs yesterday, two spaghetti squash and made a keish for breakfast so doing pretty good. Though I think I might be allergic to almonds because whenever I eat too many my skin feels warm. Maybe they have naturally occuring Niacin, I got nothing.

My car just broke down so I'm going to be biking a lot more. Not a fan of chronic cardio, but that's life. Working on rehabbing my shoulders so I can start convict conditioning then work my way into Starting Strength again.

So all in all great!

Awesome start! I hope you live in an area where it's not too cold for biking this time of year - bundle up!

On your comment about an almond allergy - are you allergic to Niacin (Vitamin B3)?

Just did a quick Google search and found this paragraph on foods that naturally contain Niacin:

There is a wide range of foods containing niacin. Niacin is more abundantly found in animal sources, although a few plant sources are rich in niacin as well. Niacin foods include all lean red meat, fish, organ meats (kidney, liver), prawns, pork, as well as milk and other dairy products. Other niacin rich foods include almonds and seeds, wheat products, beans, rice bran, green leafy vegetables, carrots, turnips and celery.

According to www.bitelog.com, 1oz of almonds (about 23 whole kernels) contains just under 1mg of Niacin, about 5% recommended daily value. Do you know how many almonds you usually eat before you notice the flushed skin? Is there any itching/swelling in your skin/throat?

Not sure if this is helpful or not, but food allergies are definitely something to take seriously. Hope you're not allergic - almonds are so delicious! :)

P.S. Glad to hear your girlfriend is doing Paleo with you :)

I have been recording my progress in my blog.

So far so good. I am off to a good start.

I am not feeling benefits yet, but I am giving it the 30 days before I make a permanent decision.

The headache is gone. I am feeling full most of the day from the increased fat intake.

Glad to hear you're giving Paleo the full 30 days - the challenge is still young! My headache has gone away as well for the most part, and I'm feeling fuller, longer, on less food.

I've had a headache too. Mine isn't from soda. I gave up soda in July of 2010. I actually woke up in a cold sweat and shaking after my 2nd day of no soda. So far today did some cardio. Paleo going good. Had cucumbers, chicken breast, few pieces of turkey, eggs, apple and 2 bananas. My workout friend is doing this with me so I'm enjoying the company along with all of you. Ready to get home and sleep off headache and charge into day 3

Looks like you're off to a great start. Do you think your headache could have been from the lack of refined sugar/carbs? I'm thinking that might be one reason my head still feels a bit funky.

i started a thread (without realizing that there is a blog section on the site now). look up emily's 30 day paleo thread (or something like that). so far so good. a bit of a headache today but that's likely the lack of caffeine (having some black coffee now to help ease off the stuff. i have been missing dairy mostly so far which i was not anticipating but otherwise doing ok. i do feel like maybe i'm eating too much still...but at least it's all real food with actual nutritional value. i'm also worrying about what happens next week when i go back to work and don't have as much time/energy to cook. but i'm sure i'll work it out - one day at a time :)

I thought I was eating too much as well the first few days, but I think I'm finally starting to adjust. Try planning out simple meals that you know won't take much time/effort when you're tired after work. Stir fry made with a mixed bag of frozen veggies and some meat tossed in is very easy! Keep up the great positive attitude!

Day 3 for me, headache is still there but it is at a more tolerable level. Yesterday it was at "New Years Eve party hungover" level, now it is just a dull background pain. I am beginning to think it may be lack of refined sugars as well that is causing it, I had an apple yesterday afternoon as a snack and the headache was noticably less intense 15 later until I got on the road for home.

Started Paleo on the 2nd. So far easy enough. I've been eating a sausage, egg and spinach scramble with veggies every morning so far and its pretty good. Keeps me full and gives me energy all day. Quit pop on the 1st but no caffeine headaches cause I still have to have my coffee! Lunch has been various fruits and salads, dinner not so big because I don't eat a lot at night anyways. Found a great chicken cacciatore recipe that I'm trying out tmrw, and I'm super excited. Lots of yummy veggies and Paleo safe, no flour.

My before pic. I'm brave, but not brave enough to show my rolls :P

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1377[/ATTACH]

post-4092-13567243270683_thumb.jpg

Wake Your Dreams...

Day 3 of Paleo. So far so good. The amount to eat is tricky for sure. Another morning of a killer workout from here. I got my workout under an hour so i know what i have to do from now on.What is people's take on hummus? I have some home made hummus and its awesome. Yes or no.

I wish hummus was paleo! It's made from chickpeas (or garbanzo beans, same thing), which is part of the legume family :-(

Day 3 for me, headache is still there but it is at a more tolerable level. Yesterday it was at "New Years Eve party hungover" level, now it is just a dull background pain. I am beginning to think it may be lack of refined sugars as well that is causing it, I had an apple yesterday afternoon as a snack and the headache was noticably less intense 15 later until I got on the road for home.

Sounds like you've got a good handle on listening to what your body needs vs. what it wants. If you're continuing to get the headaches, or they get worse, try incorporating more fruit into your diet first, then slowly switch to more veggies.

Started Paleo on the 2nd. So far easy enough. I've been eating a sausage, egg and spinach scramble with veggies every morning so far and its pretty good. Keeps me full and gives me energy all day. Quit pop on the 1st but no caffeine headaches cause I still have to have my coffee! Lunch has been various fruits and salads, dinner not so big because I don't eat a lot at night anyways. Found a great chicken cacciatore recipe that I'm trying out tmrw, and I'm super excited. Lots of yummy veggies and Paleo safe, no flour.

Sounds awesome! Could you by any chance post that chicken cacciatore recipe? It sounds delicious!!

Oh I forgot to post my blog... http://nerdfitness.com/community/blog.php?3664-kindlevixen Tho I haven't been posting what I eat daily... I guess I could tho. I've collected quite a list of things that are paleo that I like. I need to find a good paleo pesto recipe.

Day 4 is going ok for me. Less tired than I was yesterday... I'm still slacking at eating in the mornings tho.

Tiffany -Elven Ranger & Derby Girl
STR 7 | DEX 5 | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 3
@moxie_hart. Tumblr. Fitocracy