The 30-Day Paleo Challenge Extravaganza!! (all the cool kids are doing it!)

Trust me i didnt try on the weight loss it just kinda happened. I do feel stronger and lifting a lot more now. I'm just going with the flow and doing whatever i did the last few days.

That's great! What an awesome positive reinforcement. You've got a very healthy attitude! :D

Oh man. Yeah, I can totally stick with this. For dinner tonight I cooked up a package of lean beef mince, threw in most of a red onion, a green pepper, and a ton of garlic. Simmered it with some chopped tomatoes in tomato juice and a splash of red wine, then layered it lasagne-style in a baking dish with spinach leaves, eggplant slices and grated courgette. Stuck it in the oven for 20 minutes and OHMYGOD my life is amazing. Huge salad with a bit of apple cider vinegar on the side, and a small glass of Innocent smoothie for dessert. Leftovers in a box for lunch tomorrow. Which will be good, because BOX OF MEAT.

I didn't take enough protein for lunch today... I had one of my lunch boxes packed with salad, a cooked and sliced beet, and a whole mess of mangetout, and in the fridge a couple pieces of chicken and a pack of microwave-to-steam veggies... well, I had the box I brought and the chicken pieces for lunch, but I was STARVING by 4 PM, so I cooked the veggies and was wandering around the office chowing down on steamed broccoli while I was trying to set up a demo for a client. D'oh. More protein next time. (I had a really productive day though, no one can complain!)

I'm definitely feeling REALLY good physically. I'm getting hungrier, but not to the point where I feel I need to eat a lot more, just to the point where I am definitely hungry just before a meal. Which I think is probably healthy! And even when I'm at that point of "MEAT I need you in my BELLY OM NOM NOM WHERES MAH VEGGIES", I'm not crashing or getting cranky. No blood sugar problems. Just hunger. That's amazing.

And it's only, what, day 4 for me?

Okay, I'll stop raving now.

Pain is the feeling of weakness leaving the body.

Blog | Pinterest | Fitocracy

Oh Paleo... where did we go wrong? We met, had this amazingly instant connection and life became bright and shiny. You trusted me, and I trusted you. We'd never cheat on each other. But today.... I saw an old friend and I walked over to say hello. That was all my intention was, I swear! Please don't cry Paleo, you know I love you. It was just too hard to resist. I slid into the restaurant booth with my old friend and he... he was just looking so good, and smelled amazing. I just lost my head that's all. The next thing I knew, I couldn't keep my hands off of him, and we were just all over each other. I know I was weak this time, but next time I'll be stronger. I swear I'll never cheat again. Forgive me baby? Please?

Waffle House... Small Angus Burger, 1 order of hashbrowns with onions, water. Needed a burger. Seriously craving Waffle House Hashbrowns.

(

Wake Your Dreams...

Sooo I think I'm missing cheese. Yesterday I dreamed I went to a cheese tasting. In the dream it was all done up like a wine tasting. All these wonderful glorious cheeses, people in fancy dress, taking little samples, sniffing them, tasting them, and then remarking on them, like it was wine. OMG. Even in my dream I was cracking up though I was trying NOT to stuff as much cheese into my mouth as I felt I could get away with.

I am my own evil twin!

~~ Paleo Challenge! ~~ Blog ~~

Oh Paleo... where did we go wrong? We met, had this amazingly instant connection and life became bright and shiny. You trusted me, and I trusted you. We'd never cheat on each other. But today.... I saw an old friend and I walked over to say hello. That was all my intention was, I swear! Please don't cry Paleo, you know I love you. It was just too hard to resist. I slid into the restaurant booth with my old friend and he... he was just looking so good, and smelled amazing. I just lost my head that's all. The next thing I knew, I couldn't keep my hands off of him, and we were just all over each other. I know I was weak this time, but next time I'll be stronger. I swear I'll never cheat again. Forgive me baby? Please?

Waffle House... Small Angus Burger, 1 order of hashbrowns with onions, water. Needed a burger. Seriously craving Waffle House Hashbrowns.

(

This cracked me up!! Toooo funny!!

I am my own evil twin!

Finally got moving today, did a 40 min walk at lunch. Last week I was dragging ass at lunch, but now I feel like I am adjusted to the lower intake of carbs, so I got moving today.

w00t! I was feeling the exact same way. It's awesome to feel progress, y/y?

Oh man. Yeah, I can totally stick with this...

...I'm definitely feeling REALLY good physically. I'm getting hungrier, but not to the point where I feel I need to eat a lot more, just to the point where I am definitely hungry just before a meal. Which I think is probably healthy! And even when I'm at that point of "MEAT I need you in my BELLY OM NOM NOM WHERES MAH VEGGIES", I'm not crashing or getting cranky. No blood sugar problems. Just hunger. That's amazing.

That IS amazing! I'm so happy for you! I used to have bad problems with my sugar crashing all the time, but I never attributed it to the TYPE of food I was eating (silly me). I haven't gotten shaky or woozy ONCE since starting Paleo. Granted, I've been paying a lot better attention to when I'm eating and bringing snacks to work (I had the problem with not enough protein as well), so I think that plays into it. But still. I've had problems with blood sugar crashes for YEARS. Now all I feel is hungry, and not the "AHM HUNGREH" ogre kind either.

This made me laugh so effing hard. I was having a horrible night when I saw this and you put a huge smile on my face, so thank you!

I'm loving Paleo and all the support I've been getting on and offline. The hardest thing has been kicking a 4-year perpetual Coke Zero habit, but I'm feeling gooooooooood!

C'mon GreenEyesBright - persevere, overcome and inspire! :D

^^ Just one more example of why I love Nerd Fitness peeps. So encouraging!

Sooo I think I'm missing cheese. Yesterday I dreamed I went to a cheese tasting. In the dream it was all done up like a wine tasting. All these wonderful glorious cheeses, people in fancy dress, taking little samples, sniffing them, tasting them, and then remarking on them, like it was wine. OMG. Even in my dream I was cracking up though I was trying NOT to stuff as much cheese into my mouth as I felt I could get away with.

Bahaha! I have yet to have food dreams, but I miss cheese too! Would it be bad for me to ask what kind of cheese was at this dream tasting of yours? I'd like to live vicariously for a minute here, lol.

Seriously craving Waffle House Hashbrowns.

P.S. This totally made me think of the song Bad Touch by the Bloodhound Gang. "I want you smothered, want you covered, like my Waffle House hashbrowns."

Bahaha! I have yet to have food dreams, but I miss cheese too! Would it be bad for me to ask what kind of cheese was at this dream tasting of yours? I'd like to live vicariously for a minute here, lol.

Gouda, aged Parmesan and for it they used this thing and cut out the core of the cheese. There was also fresh mozzarella (One of my FAVORITE cheeses) several varieties of blue cheeses and feta.

I am my own evil twin!

I'm definitely feeling REALLY good physically. I'm getting hungrier, but not to the point where I feel I need to eat a lot more, just to the point where I am definitely hungry just before a meal. Which I think is probably healthy! And even when I'm at that point of "MEAT I need you in my BELLY OM NOM NOM WHERES MAH VEGGIES", I'm not crashing or getting cranky. No blood sugar problems. Just hunger. That's amazing.

And it's only, what, day 4 for me?

Okay, I'll stop raving now.

When I took the Paleo challenge a couple of months ago, this is what won me over. No crashy,cranky feeling two hours after I eat. However, yesterday I started out eating a bite of dark chocolate and then ate a half a bar. Bleh! I felt shaky and like I just wanted to take a nap. Good reminder for me why I try and eat clean.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Had my first rough day yesterday. Made the mistake of skipping lunch and wound up eating all kinds of bar food when I was watching my 49ers win. I have noticed I have it a lot rougher if I do not eat enough at breakfast, where the desire for sugary stuff is harder to ignore. That happened yesterday, where I had a small hamburger at breakfast and that was it. Normally I would have some veggies and more protein, like and egg or some bacon. You win some, you lose some.

I haven't tried fasting for breakfast and lunch yet. I can skip dinner easily but being at school well... Its not worth getting into a fistfight on campus cause I'm crabby and this skinny ass kid has a sandwich that I just have to take off his hands. Trust me, if I don't get my morning 4 - Coffee/smoke/breakfast/shower, I'm evil enough to make Darth Vader piss his pants.

Wake Your Dreams...

Okay everyone - we're over halfway through with this challenge!!!

Check-in tiiiiiiiiime! How's everyone doing? How do you feel?

I know many of us have talked about doing Paleo in conjunction with the first 6-week challenge, including myself - do you feel that Paleo is helping you reach your personal goals? Why/Why not?

Looking back: So far, has it been harder/easier to stick to Paleo than you thought it'd be?

Looking forward: Is Paleo something you'd consider doing long-term? For LIFE?? Do you never want to hear the word "Paleo" again???

All of you are doing fantastic!!!!! Keep up the amazing work - 13 days to go!!

As always, feel free to PM me at any time with questions/concerns/just a "hey there, how's your mama an' 'em?"

WE CAN DO THIS! *flexes newly discovered biceps*

So far, I am just a lot more even in my energy levels. Anytime I start straying from my diet too badly, I starting crashing and have a lot harder time saying "no" to food that is off-list. Monday was terrible, had a crap breakfast (day old pizza) and my day was just shite after that. I felt like I needed a nap at 3PM and was so tired I was in bed by 9. Tuesday was totally different, had bacon, eggs, and asparagus, rest of the day was awesome, and I worked out twice with nary a twinge of sleepiness. Woke up today without the aid of an alarm and the day is going well in terms of resisting temptation.

I think I need to start tracking what I take in on a daily basis, especially on my workout days. Sometimes I don't think I eat enough, sometimes I think I may be pushing it. I do power lifting, so I know the hunger is real most of the time. Today I did pretty well, but I didn't eat enough veggies (just a few servings). I'm going to kick it up with my green smoothies tomorrow.