Dumbledore's Yoga Army - Battle Log

(you will find in this thread corny writing ((and English isn't my first language)) and a sense of humor that could probably be reminiscent of a troll)

It's time. Time to face the dark reality that our world has sunk in to dark magic. Voldemort is getting stronger and the only way to defeat him is through regular strength training and yoga. 

Yes. Yoga. Don't run away now. Your quest is only starting tiny yogini. You have much to learn and you're not very fit anymore. What happened? 

I work in a coffee shop and so...

In the wizarding world there is no coffee shops. Focus. Here's some pumpkin juice. Relax. 

Who are you? 

You might know me as Dumbledore but for the purpose of your education, you can call me Delightful Yoga Guru. 

Em... Sure. 

In order to defeat Voldemort, you will have to do yoga everyday. Even if it's only for 5 minutes, you have to get on your mat. Everyday. I know that you are in the house of Hufflepuff and therefore have a caring sensitive side (but also gluttony stuck to your brain) so I will challenge you to eating healthy and not harassing the house elves for sweets. Am I clear? 

Yes... Sir. But I've never been to a magical school before. I mean. I knew I had powers but... 

There is a reason why we didn't contact you earlier, you simply weren't ready. But now. Now I know that you can set your mind to anything. So will you do it? Will you train and do some yoga everyday? Eat healthier? Do some strength training three times per week to build some muscle foundation? Can I put my faith in you? 

I hope I won't disappoint you Delightful Yoga Guru. 

Call me Dumbledore, my child. 

-

Excuse my sense of humor. Here's the start of my battle log. I'm looking to build discipline and one day finally get the Scorpion pose. Let's do this! :)

• Like 1

''Do no harm, take no shit.''

Battle Log | Challenges 1 2 

Lesson 1: Build Your Foundation of Yoga

Dumbledore was sitting at his desk, smiling behind his crescent-moon shaped glasses. He took a bunch of wrapped caramels in a jar and handed one to Kiara (aka. Hyrulian Yogi)

''No thank you, Sir. The students here keep me feeding me sugar and I'm starting to become dizzy.

-There is no such thing as too much caramel, responded the wizard while smiling. So do you understand all the notions that I've just given you?

-Voldemort isn't flexible, has no open heart and the way to defeat him is through yoga... Correct?

-That is part of it. I also want you to remember that the way to deepen your practice is to focus on building your foundation first. Perfect the poses that seem simple to you, keep practicing everyday and you will notice improvement in both your mind and physical body.''

Kiara stood up to leave when she suddenly remembered that she had a question ask the Delightful Yoga Guru. 

''Sir Dumbledore, I just had one simple question.

-Do ask.

-It seems that all the first-years are either eleven or twelve. Um...

-Yes. 

-But... I'm in my twenties. 

-That is no issue whatsoever. We simply didn't think you were ready for Hogwarts at that time. 

-Okay, Sir. Thank you... I guess.''

-

Daily Yoga Practice: Yoga for Hamstrings + Downward Facing Dog variations

As Kiara was walking towards Dumbledore's office, she saw a kid with tousled black hair and mesmerizing green eyes walk quickly, a slanky red-head on his side and a girl with a fierce mane of brown hair on the other. She wondered who they were and why in the owl they had this crazy look on their face. 

''Dumbledore said he trusts me on this, exclamed the young guy at the center of the group.

-Who is that?''

Kiara heard a loud gasp on her right where three young girls were obviously watching the trio walk by.

''You don't know the Golden Trio?

-The what?

-You know who Harry Potter is, obviously... right? RIGHT?

-Who?

-Oh my Merlin. Have mercy on this poor girl's soul. You must be a Hufflepuff.''

Thankfully Kiara had a chocolate chip muffin that day to calm her nerves down because no good ever came out of a situation where the Hufflepuff house was being brought down. Never. Oh no. Now she was craving some fudge. Where was the painting of the pear again? Gosh.

-

Eheh, I will defend my house forever and ever. :P

So yesterday's yoga practice was: Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation)

Today's

Daily Yoga Practice: Standing Forward Bend (Uttanasana) and some Savasana to relax. 

Welp. I need to schedule my yoga practice time better... *Sigh*

Puff.png

The sun was shining brightly outside in the Quidditch arena and our little yogi was nervous. A very strange student had been harassing her to make it to the trials, as he knew that she practiced yoga and most probably had a pretty dangerous core, dangerous for the opposing teams that is. So even though she had no idea what Quidditch was, she decided to go and see for herself. There were a few other Hufflepuff students waiting in line, chatting, some of them eating snacks with glee. 

''You. Yoga girl.

-Who? Me? 

-Dumbledore practically forced me to pick you on the team. But don't think I'll let you so easily. First, you'll have to prove to me that you are serious about this. We want to win the cup for once in our lives, am I right?''

Cheers came from all sides. 

Okay. This school really was a bit weird, but so was she.

-

Challenge:

- Walk 10,000 steps everyday. It will be counted on my Wii Fit U pedometer thingy. 

- Hold a plank for 60 seconds. 

- Do some yoga practice everyday for 21 days straight. 

Reward:

- A spot on the Hufflepuff Quidditch Team (woot woot)

- And I'll reward myself with a pair of Under Armour Heat Gear Leggings. Oh my gosh the dream.

I'll start logging in for my challenge tomorrow. :D 

My practice today was a 7 minutes HIIT session and the Water Series A from Nerd Fitness Yoga. Yay!

• Like 1

Yesterday's log: 

Steps: 9355 (SO CLOSE)

Yoga: Yoga time was traded for veggie burger and beer time. Oops.

Today is a new day!

-

Kiara learned later that day that the Hufflepuff Captain's name was Jason. And that he loved to win. And hated to lose. 

He had ever since been on her back every minute of the day (or so it seemed) for about everything and anything. She was starting to lose all the patience that she might have had once. 

''Jason, that's enough. I know you're hiding behind that pillar. I see you. Come on!

-Go train or you won't make the team, yogi! You're killing me here! Argh.''

Yes. Argh.

((I still need to figure out how to do a progress bar and all. That would be awesome to help me visualize my challenge. Welp. I'm such a forum noob.))

Today I walked 10 195 steps according to my pedometer. Woo! Let's pop the pumpkin juice. :P

Another great achivement was downloading the C25K app again to start running; I haven't done that in so long. My cardio is my nemesis. It's the Ganondorf to my Link. But it really felt great to be back to it even if I was just doing some intervals. 

As for yoga... Mmh. I did strength training instead and ended up doing a full-on legs day, but my alarm is set for tomorrow morning. I'm gonna do some Sun Salutations at 4:30am until the sun rises. Then a quick breakfast and I'll be off to work (where I will drink lots and lots of that black potion called strong coffee).

Today I tried to do a meditation as I've been slacking in that department (and also the yoga department of magic too, gah) and I could barely focus because every abdominal breath I took, all I could feel was the tension in my shoulders. The tension was so intense that it kept me from breathing properly. I only did one round of mantras instead of the three I was aiming at and stopped to do the Shoulder Mobility video from Nerd Fitness Yoga. I am definitely feeling more open in that area, THANK NERDINESS. 

I'm now off to do some Surya Namaskar and a session for Hips and Hamstrings (took from the Yoga Girl book). 

Namaste my friends. 

tumblr_nbg3slcc4o1rh1efko3_500.gif

tumblr_nu04492qck1r7mqm8o1_500.gif

tumblr_nu04492qck1r7mqm8o3_r1_500.gif

Saw this gifset on Tumblr today and got weirdly emotional as I always get on this day because... Hufflepuff Potterhead = emotional mess, haha. Anyway, yesterday was a good day! All in all, I got 10,967steps, did some toning and the C25K so I was proud of myself. I did barely no yoga outside of stretching so I won't count it. 

Today I'm starting a Yoga Challenge on Instagram called Basic Yoga Mix so the posture of the day was Warrior I. So here's me.

tumblr_nu0fluVnJr1ufpc55o1_500.jpg

I'm gonna do a session for tight hamstrings for sure tonight, so that will set my 21 day of yoga back to square one again. It's okay, I have to find my discipline and there will be some trial/error time gap I'm guessing. 

And to all of you wizards on your way to Hogwarts, have some chocolate frogs for me. :tongue:

-

Ended up doing this 10 minutes toning workout. Squat jacks burrrrrrrrn, hello legs. 

And this sequence for tight hamstrings. Ah, heaven on earth is stretching the hammies I swear. 

Have a good night everyone!

• Like 1

Hellooooo, I'm alive! I'm looking very much forward to going back to Hogwarts for yet another year as the helper of Pomona Sprout. :P 

Yesterday's workout consisted of: 

Sumo Deadlifts: 5 x 75lbs (5 sets)

Deadlifts: 5 x 75lbs (5 sets)

Walking Lunges: 10 x 30lbs (3 sets)

Power Clean: 10 x 30lbs (30 sets)

Front Squat: 5 x 45lbs (3 sets)

Bulgarian Split Squats: 3 x 20 lbs (3 sets)

Ze butt is sore today. 

On 8/23/2016 at 3:13 PM, Taddea Zhaan said:

I am a warrior who also recently started doing yoga. So I hope you don't mind if I follow along. :) 

Welcome welcome to my battle log! Thank you for tagging along, I really enjoy the company. :) 

How are you enjoying your yoga practice? Do you have a certain type of yoga that you enjoy more or that feels more natural with your lifting? 

For the past 6 days I've successfully followed this Core Challeng, therefore today before my leg & back session I did:

• 16 push-ups 
  • 20 second plank
  • 18 plank reaches 

tumblr_oaubmnMUfT1tsompdo1_500.png

(How my core feels after those 6 days)

Felt good to finally be back in the gym after a few days of non-stop double-shifts. I thought I'd start a cut but I realized that I'm still on my newbie gainz so I'll just keep eating like I already am but slightly cleaner? (I see you fries, I see you)

Warm-up: (2x)

Squat: 5 x 45lbs 

Straight Leg Deadlift: 10 x 45lbs

Overhead Press: 5 x 45lbs (I'm so weak I can barely finish the last rep of those haha)

Squat: 

10 x 55lbs

10 x 65lbs

7 x 75lbs

5 x 80lbs

Straight Leg Deadlift:

8 x 65lbs (2x)

5 x 85lbs (2x)

Assisted Pull-Up:

10 x 90lbs

10 x 80lbs

7 x 80lbs

5 x 80lbs 

Bent-Over Barbell Row:

10 x 40lbs (2x)

10 x 50lbs (2x)

In two weeks, I will be teaching my first yoga class so I'm challenging myself to increase my yoga sessions until then. If I'm successful, I'll buy ''The Cursed Child''. :P 

Haven't done my Core Challenge for the day yet but I woke up slightly hangover and still went to the 9h15 free class at my local Lululemon. It was my first time going and I was pleasantly surprised, the flow wasn't too fast and crazy and the teacher was really inspiring. It felt right. I'll definitely try to go more often, since it's free and all. 

Now, off to sip on this perfectly tasty almond milk latte. Oh, caffeine addiction. 

On 8/26/2016 at 11:23 AM, Hyrulian Yogi said:

Welcome welcome to my battle log! Thank you for tagging along, I really enjoy the company. :) 

How are you enjoying your yoga practice? Do you have a certain type of yoga that you enjoy more or that feels more natural with your lifting? 

I don't know if I can qualify my yoga class as a certain type of yoga. It is a beginner yoga class. Her focus is on alignment, posture, breath and connecting the three. From the website it looks like she does mainly hatha yoga? I really don't know enough about yoga to tell you more than that. But I am loving it and I know that it will help me in my lifting. I can definitely use the help with balance and mobility and also breathing!

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

On 8/29/2016 at 8:58 AM, Taddea Zhaan said:

I don't know if I can qualify my yoga class as a certain type of yoga. It is a beginner yoga class. Her focus is on alignment, posture, breath and connecting the three. From the website it looks like she does mainly hatha yoga? I really don't know enough about yoga to tell you more than that. But I am loving it and I know that it will help me in my lifting. I can definitely use the help with balance and mobility and also breathing!

I looooove Hatha Yoga, it's the form of yoga I've been doing the most out of all of them. It's truly the best to relax you and help you with sore/achy muscles. 

I haven't been doing the heavy lifting and yoga together long enough to notice a major difference, but I'm sure it helps tremendously. :) 

• Like 1

I can barely do 5 x 45 lbs on my overhead barbell press. It's not to say that I don't feel like a badass, because I do even if I'm making this face while I lift: :blink:

I'm late on the Core Challenge so I just did 46 knee push-ups, 40 second plank and 46 plank reaches. Can I manage a third day later tonight? We'll see, haha. :P 

• Like 1

I'm not sure what Dumbledore would say, but I've been pretty consistent at lifting at least 2x a week. Not ideal but with my insane schedule I'll take it, now if I could do long yoga sessions 2x a week that'd be rad too. :)

Yesterday's leg session:

Smith-Machine Squats:

15 x 65lbs (2x)

12 x 75lbs (2x)

10 x 85lbs 

8 x 95lbs

Smith-Machine Kneeling Squats:

those idek what they're supposed to feel like. i merely tried to copy some fitness girls that i follow and probably didn't do it properly. literally felt nothing at all.

12 X 75lbs (2x)

8 x 85lbs (2x)

10 x 95lbs

At that point, the only squat rack was still occupied, so I tweaked my training session a little.

Leg Press:

15 x 85lbs (2x)

10 x 100lbs (2x)

Leg Extensions:

10 x 30kg (2x)

Dumbbell Romanian Deadlift:

10 x 20lbs

10 x 30lbs (2x)

10 x 40lbs (2x)

10 x 50lbs

Assisted Pull-Up: (for fun)

15 x 90lbs

Adductor Machine: (what a weird creation)

10 x 50lbs

10 x 60lbs

Then, at that point, the badass girl who had been using the squat rack left, so I threw in more moves just because:

Barbell Squat -> 8 x 75lbs

Stiff-Legged Barbell Deadlift -> 15 x 45lbs

Overheard Barbell Press -> 5 x 45lbs

;

I'm aiming to get my Core Challenge in today as well but also a 45 mins yoga session. I'm working 12 hours so it might be tricky. :P 

2 hours ago, Hyrulian Yogi said:

Smith-Machine Kneeling Squats:

those idek what they're supposed to feel like. i merely tried to copy some fitness girls that i follow and probably didn't do it properly. literally felt nothing at all.

12 X 75lbs (2x)

8 x 85lbs (2x)

10 x 95lbs

If you're already doing squats and deadlifts there is no need to beat up and bruise your knees doing this craziness. :) 

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

If you're already doing squats and deadlifts there is no need to beat up and bruise your knees doing this craziness. :) 

They are nonsense aren't they? I felt so ridiculous especially because my quads felt literally nothing. 

This is reassuring to hear. :P 

Got a tattoo on the back of my arm. Can't do any upper body workout as it heals and ideally I shouldn't even go to the gym until 1-2 days into the ''hydratation'' process. I'm thinking that pilates should be fine? I'll listen to my body obviously. 

I'm aiming to do these three videos when I get home from work: 5 Minute Flat Abs + 5 Minute Long Lean Legs + Extreme Abs Workout  

I'll edit this post if I get to it, haha. I already miss having a barbell on my back.