• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

annyshay

Gryffindarlings

Fan-Art-Gryffindor-hogwarts-house-rivalr

If you had the pleasure of studying at Nerdwarts last challenge, you remember the lady lions.  We've got each others' backs and we're going to keep pushing each other onwards, FOR THE GLORY OF GRYFFINDOR.  We can make up structure as we go, but it's time to get the team back together.   ;)

We're here to listen, support, and gently keep each other accountable...

tumblr_n1gxjrtfU61six0yvo2_500.gif

But, mostly, we're here to keep challenging each other to be brave and work towards are goals.  'Cause then... we can celebrate!

tumblr_minb9aPf8p1rk0w1xo1_r1_500.gif

• Like 5

Okay Gryffindarlings...anyone else need a boost? Adding some fun into my challenge has really, REALLY, kept me going. Shall we all play a little this week?

What fun thing can you do this week? Bad movie night? Any local festivals going on? Swap out a traditional workout with some dancing! I'm thinking of treating myself to a day out of tea and a (much needed) haircut.

• Like 3

I'm up for it! My vacation is just ending and I've been pretty active during. Want to keep that going!

Edit: you should totally have a retelling or link to the epicness that was how we came to be!

- Sent from my magic Navi-powered device!

• Like 1

Okay Gryffindarlings...anyone else need a boost? Adding some fun into my challenge has really, REALLY, kept me going. Shall we all play a little this week?

What fun thing can you do this week? Bad movie night? Any local festivals going on? Swap out a traditional workout with some dancing! I'm thinking of treating myself to a day out of tea and a (much needed) haircut.

Oi, I had a lovely day off (well sort of) last Friday, when the boys and I went to our monthly Herb Farm outing, but I am also getting a much needed hair cut (just shape it again) this Friday! I'm clawing my fun back with the BW that you and LFD got me focussed on again, and it definitely helps - I really feel a lot better after doing something. :loyal:

I'm up for it! My vacation is just ending and I've been pretty active during. Want to keep that going!

Edit: you should totally have a retelling or link to the epicness that was how we came to be!

I feel like a charlatan since I wasn't there for the first game.  If somebody writes a thing, I'll definitely stick it up top!

Oh I am just so happy to see so many Gryffindors! Time to go get Raptron the Beast and our Rock Steady KarinaJean!

Don't worry, they have been poked.  But please, poke again!!

• Like 3

Annyshay - there were only two or three girls for all the matches. in the end we all did our share in those matches we could do, and that created a bond between us all.

Too true ;)  Thanks!

• Like 2

Annyshay - there were only two or three girls for all the matches. in the end we all did our share in those matches we could do, and that created a bond between us all.

What she said - it was never a set group, there was always a rotating amount of support, participation, cheering, and taunting of opponents going on!

Plus, everyone is a gryffindarling at heart!

• Like 3

I tried three new recipes this week:

l_RU171406.jpg

The breakfast recipes came from this site, and there are a couple more I would like to try. We all liked it to varying degrees, except for Youngest (my food-problem-child). He didn't even like the burger!

This morning I made the coconut porridge for us, and we each "dressed" our porridge to our liking (Oldest used sunflower seeds with chocolate coating, milk and a little bit of cinnamon sugar, hubby and I stuck to some crushed macadamia nuts, yoghurt and 1t honey). Youngest decided to have bananas for breakfast.

Oldest suggest we turn our gluten-free pancakes into pizzas for breakfast! So instead of a pancake rolled up with a bit of cinnamon sugar, we spread a bit of tomato sauce on top, with lots of cheese and maybe some cold meats. I've previously used eggs as a thin base, and made a pizza, instead of a folded omelet.
408af54aefd64b2030ebf81acff03c76.jpg

I've got my basic menu set up for September, with certain meats on specific days, I can change up the recipe. For instance beef mince on a Saturday, but every Saturday will be a different recipe; vegetable omelet on Thursdays, but the vegetables can change up depending on what we like. That makes it easier for me to buy my meat monthly, and just chop and change our vegetables and other foods weekly, which I get mostly from the Farmer's Market.

What are you guys doing?

• Like 4

I dropped for a while due to travel and stress-induced cold, but I'm starting to feel better. Now my youngest has it, sigh. I'm using the time being weighed down by my toddler's sweaty body to research more meal planning, so all this is so perfect. I use Once a Month Meals membership stuff because a lot of the recipes are easy-prep, throw in freezer, throw in crock pot. My hubby seemed to like it when I did it a few months back. Going to give it a go again once we get moved (across street to another RV park, long story).

Edit: I think max I can prepare is about 20 meals, our tiny fridge and freezer just can't handle more!

• Like 2