A little late, as always

Apparently in all my years of being on and off these boards, I've never bothered to make a Daily Battle Log. Well, I actually have some specific goals and some things I'd like to make a habit, so I might as well get one started.

I'll start off with 1 week and go from there since I'm all about baby steps.

THE PLAN THIS WEEK:

Handstands

:positive: Interval sprints

Push-ups

:positive: Pull-ups

:positive: Flossing

Now, I already exercised today and did not do push ups or handstands because I just now decided to add them in to my list of goals, but everything else gets a positive.

I want to get a 100% on my next PT test, which isn't until next year so I have plenty of time to work my way up. It's a lofty goal at this point! I did get a 97.2 on my last one, but the different between those two numbers in terms of push ups and 1.5 mil run time are massive to me.

100% = <29 inch waist   >46 push ups   >45 sit ups   <10:51 1.5mi run

Those are actually "or equal to" but close enough. The waist and sit ups are easy enough, but I can usually only get ~30 push ups and ~12 min mile

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

That wouldn't be good enough for me to get 100%! I only have 1 minute! I will start hundred pushups before, I just haven't calculated how much time it will take to build up to that number by the time I need to test again. I even forget when my next test is...hold on...

My test is in February, so that's sooner than I thought. I'll have been home from my deployment for 2 months. My last run time was 11:51 so I need to knock a whole minute off, and I did 34 push ups.

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

Today was a truncated version of every workout because we got out of work really late and I was too hungry to exercise first, so then I tried to still get some in with a full stomach and it didn't work very well.

I'll list these in alphabetical order...

:positive: Flossing - Even after two days my teeth are looking better!

:positive: Handstand practice - Kick up practice

:positive: Interval sprints - I didn't even keep track of how long it was. It was short.

:positive: Pull-ups - Focusing on form, I only did 1 good one because my belly was full

:positive: Push-ups - I only did 10 because I had to poop....TMI? Too bad. My log.

• Like 1

Spoiler

:positive: Flossing - My gums are receding! They were swelling up around my braces in a few spots

Handstand practice - Did not attempt due to headache already in full swing

:positive: Interval sprints - I inhaled a bug and all the hacking up to get it out really made my chest and stomach hurt

:positive: Pull-ups - I took some video, which is currently uploading, and it appears I am not going down far enough

:positive: Push-ups - Video of this as well makes me think something about my form is off, but I can't quite nail down which part looks off. Maybe I'm doing a bit of the worm...

I didn't get much sleep last night, so I've felt awful all day. Hopefully I can sleep tonight!

Spoiler

:positive: Flossing - I actually haven't done this yet in case I get hungry again (the night is young) but I know I will get to it, so I'll give it a positive

:positive: Handstand practice - I really did not want to do this, but I forced myself to

:positive: Interval sprints - Between the bats, bugs, geckos, toads, and cats, running at dusk is beginning to be bothersome. I may need to leave earlier...

:positive: Pull-ups - I took some more video with the suggestions given to me in the form check thread and didn't do very well, but I don't want to continue doing them wrong even if it means getting less in

:positive: Push-ups - More video with form check suggestions and I think these went well, even though my head was hanging down a little

Spoiler

I didn't do ANYTHING from my list yesterday.

:positive: Flossing - I'm about to eat, but I will do this before bed.

:positive: Handstand practice - I feel really good about this today. I had a few good kick ups and I felt like I could stay upside down forever. That is until I stood up...haha

:positive: Interval sprints - Once again, I should leave earlier. These bugs are for the birds.

:positive: Pull-ups - It just clicked for my muscles today. My back finally understands that it's supposed to be helping. These were great!

:positive: Push-ups - I'm still tweaking my form on these and figuring out what I think I'm doing vs what I'm actually doing and I don't feel as good about these today as I did 2 days ago. I'll keep at it!

Spoiler

Once again, I didn't do ANYTHING from my list yesterday.

:positive: Flossing - I haven't had any bleeding for a few times now, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't just a fluke.

:positive: Handstand practice - I have a sticky bug trap next to where I do this, and the giant (alive) cricket stuck to it was really throwing me off my A-game.

Interval sprints - It was storming today, so these didn't happen.

:positive: Pull-ups - I only got a couple in because I was hanging from a pavilion with square bars and I thought I'd eventually make it to the actual pull-up bar, but I didn't feel like trying in the rain.

:positive: Push-ups - I felt really weak trying these today, but I did JUST eat before I tried them and I was already in the bedtime mindset. I still have plenty of time to perfect these before my next PT test!

Spoiler

:positive: Flossing - Looking good, me! My new ortho will have no knowledge of my previous bad habits!

Handstand practice - I completely forgot about these...

:positive: Interval sprints - I so badly did not want to do these, but I forced myself and I feel better now.

:positive: Pull-ups - I wanted to do another video, but right as I start to pull up, my phone fell down and I didn't know until I was done. Better luck next time! (tomorrow)

:positive: Push-ups - It's so weird completely changing your style and feeling like you've never known how to do them and you're still trying to learn. I'll keep trying!

Spoiler

Keep going you'll get where you want before you know it.

• Like 1

<p><p>eedad's daily battle log ----> http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/70279-eedads-daily-log/Challenge #1 ----> http://rebellion.nerdfitnss.com/index.php?/topic/70983-eedads-first-challenge-1/Plank times, progress measured as workouts per week with final measure of time 12/12

100%
100%
Flexibility 24/24
100%
100%
Diet 38/42
90.4%
90.4%
Life goal = pass/fail<p>
100%
100%

I'm still angry that my phone was stolen and feeling sick to my stomach that I will run into these guys again since it's a small base and we're not allowed to leave. I'm just walking around this base with the guy who has my phone. Now, it has already been erased and I'm almost completely certain it was locked when he stole it, so I don't think he saw anything compromising, but it still sickens me. I haven't felt up to anything. I did just floss, but I didn't exercise yesterday or today. Ugh...

Spoiler

That's pretty shitty, especially on base.

<p><p>eedad's daily battle log ----> http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/70279-eedads-daily-log/Challenge #1 ----> http://rebellion.nerdfitnss.com/index.php?/topic/70983-eedads-first-challenge-1/Plank times, progress measured as workouts per week with final measure of time 12/12

100%
100%
Flexibility 24/24
100%
100%
Diet 38/42
90.4%
90.4%
Life goal = pass/fail<p>
100%
100%

:positive: Push-ups - I only did 10 because I had to poop....TMI? Too bad. My log.

Log. I see what you did there.

I'm still angry that my phone was stolen and feeling sick to my stomach that I will run into these guys again since it's a small base and we're not allowed to leave. I'm just walking around this base with the guy who has my phone. Now, it has already been erased and I'm almost completely certain it was locked when he stole it, so I don't think he saw anything compromising, but it still sickens me. I haven't felt up to anything. I did just floss, but I didn't exercise yesterday or today. Ugh...

I find working out (especially heavy lifting) to be a great outlet for frustration or any other negative emotions.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

I did not report it because I didn't know his name, and I wouldn't be able to pick him out in a line-up. I feel like telling the police half-ass stories with no proof is just wasting their time. So it can become a statistic? They already warned us of thievery when we inprocessed, I just didn't think it would happen when I was right next to it. Also, new evidence came to light which indicated it was a certain Navy person who just left this base today to go who knows where, so the police wouldn't even be able to question him. I still haven't exercised, really. I do the occasional pull up hanging off the exhaust pipe of an F108 engine, but that's a close parallel grip pull up and doesn't work the muscles I want to work. I did not floss today. Tomorrow is another chance to take control!

Spoiler

Alright, so I still don't have a phone, which makes interval sprints difficult, but hopefully this will be my last week without it. I did start flossing again yesterday but I haven't really exercised. I joined the 6 week challenge, so I'll have to suck it up and press on starting tomorrow!

Spoiler

Tomorrow is going to be rough! I jammed my finger today in preparation for the 6 week challenge, so there's that...and I'll be attempting all the things without my trusty phone apps to help me along...

Spoiler

It is clear after day 1 of the 6 week challenge that my schedule needs to be modified.

NEW PLAN

Flossing every day

M, W, F - Negative pull-ups, interval sprints

T, Th, S - Push-ups, yoga, handstands

:positive: Flossing - I haven't yet because I will likely eat again, but I know I will

:positive: Interval sprints - New plan for this as well, following Steve's guide of 30 sec sprints/2 min decreased pace for 15 minutes

:positive: Negative pull-ups - New plan following a program instead of just random pull-ups, actually doing negatives

I did push-ups after the negatives and it was too much. I will start over with those tomorrow.

Spoiler

:positive: Flossing - I'll do it, I promise. I have done it every time I've said I'll get to it later!

:positive: Headstands - I'm way too sore for handstands

Push-ups - No way. Too sore. I don't mind that I didn't get to it since I did them yesterday.

:positive: Yoga - 30 mins of vinyasa

Spoiler

:positive: Interval sprints - I hated every second

:positive: Negative pull-ups - Assisted with toes on ground to alleviate DOMS

I will really be feeling it tomorrow...

Spoiler

:positive: Headstands - I'm still trying to figure out how to keep the pressure off my neck. I've been watching lots of videos on proper form

:positive: Push-ups - I decided to just start in week 1 of hundred push-ups instead of trying to jump ahead

:positive: Yoga - 45 minutes of vinyasa for hip opening

Spoiler

When I do headstands I keep my arms to the side, and try to use my shoulders mostly to keep the weight. Not sure if that's correct but I never feel pressure in my neck.

100%
100%
Flexibility 24/24
100%
100%
Diet 38/42
90.4%
90.4%
Life goal = pass/fail<p>
100%
100%

The most recent video I watched, she interlaced her fingers and cupped the back of her head and said that her forearms were holding her up. I tried it and didn't feel like I was supported enough. If I can't get it, I'll just go back to handstands, I just remember reading that the progression to handstands starts with headstands so I was trying to dial it back and not rush into it. I'm probably still rushing.

Spoiler

The first one did was unplanned. I was trying just because so I kinda rolled onto my head and hands and put my knees on my elbows, felt really stable and decided to straighten my legs up, and to my surprise I didn't topple over. I can't get into one another way though right now, and can only hand stand against the wall, eveytime I try to raise myself out of a head stand gravity wins lol.

100%
100%
Flexibility 24/24
100%
100%
Diet 38/42
90.4%
90.4%
Life goal = pass/fail<p>
100%
100%

:positive: Flossing

:positive: Interval sprints - I met a couple hedgehogs along the path!

:positive: Negative pull-ups - Maybe half were assisted

I've always been anti-glove because SUCK IT UP, BUTTERCUP, but man...my hands hurt. I almost want to buy a pair.

Spoiler