French rookie strikes back at his inner Empire !!!

Hi everyone

I've Been reading the NF blog for a few weeks now, i've got to admit i'm pretty enthusiastic about its philosophy... without even mentionning the nerd aspect ! So i decided to hop in the community  and by introducing myself

a year ago, following my break up with my wife, i fell into every comfort food and bad habits you can think, with an additional serving of no sport at all. My weight took off to a good 227lbs, which had me in an absolute distress. So I decided i could no longer afford myself to slowly turn into Jabba The Hut. 

I wandered around the web a lot to find a path that could fit me, something i could see myself begin with. That's where i discovered the paleo diet principles. As for now, i'm not planning on going a 100% paleo, but i took on a few basic principles that seemed to make a lot of sense to me, and i've been following them for more than a month.

Only water : i cut drastically everything soda-like, even the so-called "zero" ones, and juices. Only water i tell you ! To be honest, i allow myself the occasional glass of cider during family meetings, since i know it's a oneshot. 

Watch out for the carbs !! i abandoned bread (which i surprisingly don't miss at all), switched to eggs and bacon breakfasts (that one was easier than i thought too), cut the pasta and Co and replaced it with lots of vegetables i'm learning to cook myself... i got rid of all the industrial food i could find at my place

Move slowly, but move ! Being overweight, i could not represent myself running all over the countryside on the very next morning. So i started by doing moderate 2-3 hours hikes along the beautiful river next to my home. Actually found i had fully functioning legs (!!), add optional walks during my working days... and it felt good ! i've started a beginner's running plan two weeks ago, did not failed it yet ! Thinking of walking to Mordor now since i found Steve's post on the subject...

So in 5 weeks i lost 17.6 lbs (last step on the scale last saturday). Not effortlessly, but it was not that impossible challenge i imagined it would be before i started it, even during the holidays with their tempting ice-creams.

One of the best advice i got on the blog : habits takes roughly one month to build... seems to be the plain truth !

But now, to move on, i think i need more structure... and fun ! i'm seriously thinking to have a take on my first six week challenge, i'm just figuring out my present SMART goals before .

anyway glad i'm here, i'm looking forward to chat with you guys.  :panda:

Win

• Like 2

Winwaloeus, level 3 ranger

STATS : STR 7 | STA 9 | DEX 2 | CON 9 | WIS 9 | CHA 5

My introduction is Here - My Battle Log is There - 6wc I - 6wc II - 4wc III - 4wc IIII (ongoing)

Main goal : lose excess fat down to 14% (currently, i look roughly like a : 20 to 25 -according to many sites offering pictures for comparison)

current 4wc progress :

Goal 1 : walk !!! (2h27 out of a minimum 12)

20%
20%

Goal 2 : Sprint (1 out of 4)

25%
25%

Goal 3 : Lift (2 out of 12)

20%
20%

Life Goal : History work (3 out of 12 )

25%
25%

Bienvenue ! Je vous souhaite bonne chance. Le régime Paléo est facile pour perdre du poids.

Hey thanks for your very nice french! [emoji106]

Yeah it's quite easy for now once you get over the few psychological barriers You were taking for granted... I was born eating bread... Thought I'll die eating bread! [emoji28]

Actually never thought a plate of vegetables could get me full... [emoji15]

Envoyé de mon RAINBOW en utilisant Tapatalk

• Like 1

My introduction is Here - My Battle Log is There - 6wc I - 6wc II - 4wc III - 4wc IIII (ongoing)

Main goal : lose excess fat down to 14% (currently, i look roughly like a : 20 to 25 -according to many sites offering pictures for comparison)

current 4wc progress :

20%
20%

25%
25%

20%
20%

25%
25%

Sounds like you're already off to a great start! Good luck with your journey :encouragement:

Thanks a lot!

current 4wc progress :

20%
20%

25%
25%

20%
20%

25%
25%

Thanks couchsurfer !!

current 4wc progress :

20%
20%

25%
25%

20%
20%

25%
25%

Bienvenue dans la Rebellion! Seems like you are off to a great start, that's amazing! Je suis née au Québec et même si on est pas français, le pain est tout de même partout dans ma famille et j'ai été élevée avec une baguette fraîche tous les jours à la maison, haha. 

I'm also looking forward to the first challenge, it's gonna be awesome to set concrete goals to follow for 6 weeks. 

Keep up the great work! :)

• Like 2

''Do no harm, take no shit.''

Battle Log | Challenges 1 2 

Bienvenue dans la Rebellion! Seems like you are off to a great start, that's amazing! Je suis née au Québec et même si on est pas français, le pain est tout de même partout dans ma famille et j'ai été élevée avec une baguette fraîche tous les jours à la maison, haha. 

I'm also looking forward to the first challenge, it's gonna be awesome to set concrete goals to follow for 6 weeks. 

Pfft, c'est comme ça aux États-Unis.  Le pain est partout !  Et les biscuits... j'adore les biscuits.  Merci !  Je meurs de faim maintenant.

"Take arrows in your forehead, but never in your back" - Samurai Maxim

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4

Battle Log

Hinge HabitsBe Like WaterFailure Should Be WelcomedArchitect Your EnvironmentSet Goals For Processes Not Desires, Minimum Effective Dose 101 

Pfft, c'est comme ça aux États-Unis.  Le pain est partout !  Et les biscuits... j'adore les biscuits.  Merci !  Je meurs de faim maintenant.

Haha, je suis désolée! Moi aussi ça m'a donné faim même si j'ai déjà souper... Oops. Votre français est vraiment bon, en passant! :)

Haha, je suis désolée! Moi aussi ça m'a donné faim même si j'ai déjà souper... Oops. Votre français est vraiment bon, en passant! :)

Merci, je regarde la télé en français. Sans blague.  Beacoup trop je crois.  :nevreness:

"Take arrows in your forehead, but never in your back" - Samurai Maxim

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4

Battle Log

Hinge HabitsBe Like WaterFailure Should Be WelcomedArchitect Your EnvironmentSet Goals For Processes Not Desires, Minimum Effective Dose 101 

Hey yogi thanks for the support I'm glad to have met French speaking rebels here! Besides I love Quebec and would love to fly there!

Yeah bread was a psychological lock to pick almost the first one in fact... A nice piece of salted butter spilled on a freshly baked piece of bread... Aaaaargh.

Anyway... 😰

I'm waiting too for the next challenge time to set my first official smart goals... Count on me to support yours!

• Like 1

current 4wc progress :

20%
20%

25%
25%

20%
20%

25%
25%

. Oops. Votre français est vraiment bon, en passant! :)

Desolé ! 😱 respire un grand coup ça va passer ! 😂

• Like 1

current 4wc progress :

20%
20%

25%
25%

20%
20%

25%
25%

Merci, je regarde la télé en français. Sans blague.  Beacoup trop je crois.  :nevreness:

Trop de télé? Impossible! :P

Hey yogi thanks for the support I'm glad to have met French speaking rebels here! Besides I love Quebec and would love to fly there!

Yeah bread was a psychological lock to pick almost the first one in fact... A nice piece of salted butter spilled on a freshly baked piece of bread... Aaaaargh.

Anyway...

I'm waiting too for the next challenge time to set my first official smart goals... Count on me to support yours!

It's awesome to see how many French speaking people there are, it makes me happy being a literature nerd, haha! 

C'est presque indécent cette description de pain! @_@ Woot woot, we will rock this first challenge for sure and I definitely appreciate all the support I can get. 

Desolé ! respire un grand coup ça va passer !

Haha, je vais aller méditer pour arrêter les cravings de mon cerveau! 

• Like 1